Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone, Neil here from East Texas. I’ve always been more comfortable in the outdoors, and have enjoyed camping since I was a Cub Scout haha. My wife and I used a truck tent back in the mid-2000’s but drifted away from camping in the past decade or so. Now that we are brand new Empty Nesters, we plan on building a substantial overland rig and getting out to explore as much as we can. This site has been invaluable during our R&D stage, and I’m sure I’ve on,y scratched the surface :smile:
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
North America

This is a link to the Overland Bound Southeast Rally,
Rally Southeast 2019

Here is the link to contact your Regional Director. The Regional Director can advise you of a Member Representative close to you.
Overland Bound Regions!

Reactions: LD5050

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Name: Matt Pruehs
Loc: Atlanta, GA
Rig: 2010 Jeep Wrangler JK
Exp: Medium - far from Novice but not a Pro

I look forward to connecting with people who enjoy overloading, sharing adventures and experiences.

View attachment 100019

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
North America

Rally Southeast 2019

Here is the link to contact your Regional Director. The Regional Director can advise you of a Member Representative close to you.
Overland Bound Regions!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all. We are new to Overland Bound, but not new to off road travel of in all conditions. From the snowy midwest winters, the deserts of Kuwait and Iraq, adventures touring the alps and Italian countryside to the beautiful southwest U.S. Life’s been an adventure.

Currently based in Southern California commanding a fully armored 2016 Jeep JKUR on 3.5 and 35’s Traditionally rock crawlers, with the addition of our little girl last year, we’re opting for more Overland adventures. Standing by for the arrival of our X1H... and many adventures ahead.

Pleasure to be here.

Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the West Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Overland Bound Regions!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everyone, I'm Matt. I suppose I've been over landing most of my life, but never really thought of it that way. I routinely get off grid for a couple days at time in my 2002 F250 be it for hunting, fishing or just for fun. I don't try to tackle anything too crazy due to the sheer size of my rig, but I do enjoy getting real use out of my truck and having a good time while doing it.

Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
North America

Rally Southeast 2019

Overland Bound Regions!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello, first post here.

I am in SE AZ.

I have a 2014 JKUWW.

Happy to be here!

Overland Bound Meetups

OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Overland Bound Regions!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi! My husband John and I are no strangers to the group’s definition of overlanding, choosing road trips for most of our travels. We recently took the plunge, bought a more rugged yet comfortable vehicle, and are cruising North America for the next year.

To answer the “About Me” questions,
1) Photo: attached
2) Location: everywhere and nowhere (but home is Portland, Oregon)
3) Rig: 2016 Tiger Bengal TX on a Chevy Silverado 3500
4) Overlanding Experience: Novice (no real off-road experience)

Looking forward to being a part of the group!

Overland Bound Meetups

While you are traveling local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Overland Bound Regions!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey folks, joining the group from the Portland area. I am getting ready to take my Tundra on the WABDR and then explore parts of Oregon this summer. I'd be interested in joining up with a few folks. Let me know!

Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Northwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Overland Bound Regions!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey folks,

My name is Ben and I live in Northern California (Marin County, SF Bay Area). Since I'm wrapping up my MBA, I'm hoping to get out a lot more this summer, especially since our 4yo is all in with camping + exploring! Plans for this year include: Mendocino National Forest, Big Sur/Los Padres NF, Tahoe + Plumas NF, Lost Coast (part 2), and perhaps Redwood Nat'l Park.
The current rig is a 2016 Toyota 4Runner SR5 (wife made me get it for the 3rd row we never use!), 3" lift, ARB suspension, Tepui Kukenam Tent. While I've done some casual overlanding the past, I'm really hoping to take it to the next level (still consider myself a novice). Oh yah, and I love mountain biking (hence the 1up rack on the back).

View attachment 99884

View attachment 99885

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

We will be having a meet-up in Santa Rosa in July, stay tuned for an announcement on the forum.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
HI,

My name is Sergio and I am located in Miami close to Aventura, FL. I

Starting on rock crawling and exploring new things (Novice), I don't have to much time available but I enjoy the weekends and vacations when I can.

Happy to join.
Thanks.

Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
North America

Rally Southeast 2019

Overland Bound Regions!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Good morning all, my name is Adam. My wife Rachel and I joined at Overland Expo West a week ago. We reside in El Paso, TX. I am in a 2018 Ram 2500 CTD and my wife is in a 2018 Toyota 4Runner TRD OffRoad. We are excited to be a part of the group, cheers!

Overland Bound Meetups

North America

Rally Southeast 2019

Overland Bound Regions!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
My name is Jorge.
Reside in Orange County, California.
Joined Overland Bound at Overland Expo West 2019.
Glad to meet you at the Expo, Lifestyle Overland. You were so gracious with your time. Wish you the best!
I am new to overlanding and off road. Like to camp and hike, but want to further enrich outdoor experiences with overlanding.
2017 Silverado 1500 4X4
View attachment 99871

Overland Bound Meetups

There is a meet-up in Orange County that you might be interested in. West US - Reoccurring - Orange County Overland Bound Monthly Meet-up - 12/01/2018

Here is the link to contact your Regional Director you are in the West Region.
Overland Bound Regions!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all!

Just joined up while at Overland Expo West last weekend and glad to be part of this community. A few things about me:

• I live and work in Phoenix, AZ
  • I drive a 2016 4Runner SR5 Premium that is lightly modified at this point. Suspension lift, bigger tires, rock sliders, slimline bumper with winch and lights.
  • As a kid my Dad took us all throughout the Az back country but didn't truly appreciate it until many years later. So I do have experience but would consider myself an overland newbie at this point
I look forward to learning and exploring!

Overland Bound Meetups

OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Overland Bound Regions!

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Hello all! Just joined up (finally) at Overland Expo in Flagstaff. I'm Makia, from just outside of Boulder, CO. I dump all of my money into a 2017 Jeep Rubicon Recon Unlimited and camera gear. The Jeep has a few overland-specific mods; 23Zero Litchfield RTT, Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform, Goose Gear platform and cubbies with a 60% seat delete, fridge and slide, secondary electrical with solar under the goose gear, and a few other things.

Looking forward to meeting peeps on here and seeing what adventures are next.
Welcome!

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Hey everyone,

I’m Paul from Rhode Island. I drive a 2010 Jeep JKU Sahara. Originally started building it up for crawling and mud, but have come to realize the fiancé and I prefer longer distance travel while avoiding the main roads. Starting off slow with the traditional type of camping gear, minimal recovery gear, and plan on doing the Maine loop that goes to the abandoned trains and the B-52 crash site in about a month. Open to any pointers people have and other routes in the New England area. Look forward to reading about everyone’s experiences and sharing our own. Also if anyone has any pointers on equipment and techniques for filming your adventures that would be a big help. We have a DSLR and i would love to be able to document our trips to share them.
Welcome! Don't worry about using ground tents. I still use them. Michael and Corrie use them even!

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Hello Everyone,
My name is Brian I've been Four Wheeling & Overlanding for over 35 yrs.
I'm a past President of The Mammoth Lakes / Eastern Sierra 4 Wheel Drive Club.
I now live in The Central Mountains of Idaho in the town of McCall. Here are a few pics of the trucks I've Built.

My First Ovrland Build
View attachment 99811

My 2nd Build
View attachment 99812

My Current Build
View attachment 99815

and My most exciting time while 4 wheeling !!!

View attachment 99817

See You on the Backroads
Welcome! I love the Samurai!

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Hello Overland Bound,

My name is Chris, I have been wheeling off and on for the last ten years or so, nothing very hardcore. North Idaho is my home base.

My current ride is a ‘06 Toyota Tundra double cab. View attachment 99845
Welcome from Whidbey Island, WA! Northern Idaho is beautiful country, wish I could spend more time up there myself. Make sure to check your local region for events and meet ups near you!

Reactions: Selkirk_overland

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Hello all. New member from northern New Mexico and we also signed up at OX19. Had a blast with my wife touring the Coconino NF in addition to visiting everyone at OX. We have a 2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser with a OME 2.5" lift, 33" Falken Wildpeak AT3's, Baja Rack with Tepui Autana RTT, Rigid Radiance ditch lights, APEX rock sliders, and ARB bumper.
I'd venture to say we have intermediate off road skills and love exploring. I also drive wildland brush trucks during fire season. So "rock crawling" with 7tons is not uncommon. Eager to improve and learn new skills as we go forward. View attachment 99846View attachment 99847View attachment 99848View attachment 99849
Welcome! Nice FJ!

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Evening OB folks, Seth here.

Currently exploring the PNW out of Seattle in my 17 RAM 1500 (pictured below in Wenatchee NF). Black beauty is bone stock except for the topper and a DECKED drawer system. Pleasantly surprised by what I've accomplished with her thus far.

View attachment 99858
Welcome from up North (Whidbey Island)! Make sure to check your local region forums for events and meet ups! Like the meet and greet in Burlington on the first Friday of every month (NW Washington Reoccurring Meet-Up). Can't wait to see ya out there!

Reactions: sagebrusher_seth