Enthusiast I

View Royal, Capital Regional District, British Columbia, Canada
First Name
Marshall
Last Name
Rooney
Member #

Hey guys!

My name's Marshall and I live in Victoria, British Columbia. I drive a 2017 Tacoma TRD Sport. Fairly new to Overlanding but have been on a few 1-2 week long trips with the truck and am in the planning phase of my first American PNW trip.

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hey guys!

My name's Marshall and I live in Victoria, British Columbia. I drive a 2017 Tacoma TRD Sport. Fairly new to Overlanding but have been on a few 1-2 week long trips with the truck and am in the planning phase of my first American PNW trip.

View attachment 91929
Welcome to Overland Bound

Reactions: Adventurevanisle

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hey everyone! Just joined the community!
I live in Newberg Or.
I have a 06 Dodge Ram 2500 Heavt Duty 4x4, 5.1 L sitting on 35’s.
New to overlanding but not new to driving in the woods, avid hunter and fisherman!
I put a canopy on it and built a bed platform, my next step is building a roof rack for the canopy!

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hello. Just joined the forum. I’m from north Alabama. Me and my family have been riding utv’s for several years but as the kids get older we have switched gears to overlanding and have really enjoyed it so far. I have a second gen Tacoma with a few mild mods and a fourth gen 4Runner that is stock for now.

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hi all, just a quick intro from me.
Been travelling/exploring for a few years now on 2 wheels and 4. Mostly UK, Europe and a couple of trips to North Africa.
Hoping this year to explore Europe a little more with extra time on our hands having retired (early) from work.
Driving a 2005 Landrover Defender td5 110, and towing an expedition trailer.
Going to be taking our dogs on the trip so we'll be interested in hearing from anyone who's done similar of any recommendations of places to stay or avoid etc.

zendter

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Lodi CA
Member #

Hello everyone,

My name is Zach
I have a 2012 tundra double cab 4x4
I’m new to overlanding but I I drive off-road (fire roads and loose dirt) for my work and I watch a bit of YouTube and I live in Lodi/Sacramento Ca so Central Valley! If anyone has any advice or knowledge of trails please message me

Jedi

Rank VI
Staff member
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Arlington, WA, USA
First Name
Brie
Last Name
McClory
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6JDI
Hey guys!

View attachment 91929
Hiya Marshall (@Adventurevanisle) and welcome to Overland Bound from just across the sound from you! It looks like you have a pretty nicely equipped rig that has already seen some great adventure. While you are planning to come over to the PNW for adventuring, I am actually working on planning a trip through Vancouver Island and would love to hear about what exploring you have done there. As I am sure you have already experienced, your province is filled with beautiful sites to see for an overlander. It is also a fastly growing area for Overland Bound members, so I recommend checking out the Overland Bound Canada West (B.C.) Region forum [link] for meetups and to get to know your neighbors. Events are also posted on the Rally Point system [link], so you might want to check that out as well. Of course, coming up at the end of June is the BC Overland Rally [link], which draws hundreds of overlanders from your province and beyond.

I look forward to seeing you out there! If you need anything, feel free to hit me up on the forums: @Jedi.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
I live in Newberg Or.
New to overlanding but not new to driving in the woods, avid hunter and fisherman!
I put a canopy on it and built a bed platform, my next step is building a roof rack for the canopy!
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello. Just joined the forum. I’m from north Alabama. Me and my family have been riding utv’s for several years but as the kids get older we have switched gears to overlanding and have really enjoyed it so far. I have a second gen Tacoma with a few mild mods and a fourth gen 4Runner that is stock for now.

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Here is the link to contact your Regional Director. The Regional Director can advise you of a Member Representative close to you.
Overland Bound Regions!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all from sunny South Dakota.

My name is Adam.
I have an 86 CJ7. Currently finishing up some of the winter repairs.

I am new to overlanding but have been a camping/outdoors enthusiast for my whole life.

I am hoping to learn more about overlanding opportunities in my state as well as getting to know more in the community.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone,

My name is Zach
I have a 2012 tundra double cab 4x4
I’m new to overlanding but I I drive off-road (fire roads and loose dirt) for my work and I watch a bit of YouTube and I live in Lodi/Sacramento Ca so Central Valley! If anyone has any advice or knowledge of trails please message me

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

There is meet-up in the Ripon/Modesto area;
Central California Monthly Meet Up

You are in the West Region, local information can also be found in the “Overlland Bound by Region”

Here is the link to contact your Regional Director.
Overland Bound Regions!

Reactions: zendter

Adventurevanisle

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

View Royal, Capital Regional District, British Columbia, Canada
First Name
Marshall
Last Name
Rooney
Member #

Hiya Marshall (@Adventurevanisle) and welcome to Overland Bound from just across the sound from you! It looks like you have a pretty nicely equipped rig that has already seen some great adventure. While you are planning to come over to the PNW for adventuring, I am actually working on planning a trip through Vancouver Island and would love to hear about what exploring you have done there. As I am sure you have already experienced, your province is filled with beautiful sites to see for an overlander. It is also a fastly growing area for Overland Bound members, so I recommend checking out the Overland Bound Canada West (B.C.) Region forum [link] for meetups and to get to know your neighbors. Events are also posted on the Rally Point system [link], so you might want to check that out as well. Of course, coming up at the end of June is the BC Overland Rally [link], which draws hundreds of overlanders from your province and beyond.

I look forward to seeing you out there! If you need anything, feel free to hit me up on the forums: @Jedi.
Thanks @Jedi! Looking forward to it! Nice to know there are members near by.

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

I live in Newberg Or.
Welcome!

Reactions: Magic Mike

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Welcome! Great parent move to push the kids outside as much as possible!

Reactions: Armsman

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Hey guys!

View attachment 91929
Welcome from across the border! If your ever in Whidbey Island, hit me up for suggestions or help!

Brick Sprickly

Rank III

Advocate II

Hello everyone, glad to have found this place as it seems more up my alley than many similar groups. I feel I have a lot to contribute here, and look forward to meeting others and helping where I can!

About me:

- Former Combat Medic and Paratrooper, US Army
- Currently stay-at-home-Dad! It's pretty rad. I take the kids out on adventures as often as I can, and am eager to make those trips larger and longer as they grow.
- Always have been adventurous, lived in Europe for several years, love road tripping, but finally got a proper rig this year.
- Currently in SC but moving to WA at the end of this year. Gonna be a hell of a trip there!

My rig:

- Brand new 2019 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro, Voodoo Blue

My Experience:

- Lots of trauma medicine
- Driving HMMWV's off road in Germany and Italy
- 10+ years of road tripping and overlanding

Last edited: