Launch Member

Influencer II

Redmond, OR, USA
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Crisp
Member #

Hello there fellow Overlanders. I'm Monty, and I'm from BC Canada. I am new to the Jeep/4x4 scene but so far I am loving with the community and the Build process. I have a new (for me) 2012 JK unlimited. I have added bumpers, a winch plus a variety of recovery and camping gear so far. Looking forward to replacing the wheel/tires and adding a mild lift in the future.

We have been on a couple of outings up the Mamquam near Squamish, Birkenhead lake, Kamloops etc. and other runs around the Maple Ridge/Mission area (my backyard).

Ultimately would like a Overland trailer to add and then head up to the Yukon for a long summer run, maybe next year.

View attachment 5843
Up at Birkenhead Lake BC

View attachment 5844
Look forward to picking the minds of the community and maybe even giving some advise.

Cheers,
Monty
Welcome @Mangomonty

boehml

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

British Columbia
First Name
Liam
Last Name
-
Member #

Hello,

I'm a fairly new into the Overland crowd and life and I currently live on the coast in British Columbia, Canada. About two years ago I purchased a 2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited new off the lot as my first vehicle (I was late to the whole driving thing), little did I know what I was getting into. While I was always into the outdoors, Hiking, Camping, Kayaking, Mountain Biking and the like, I was only ever exposed to general off-roading in an old Blazer as a kid. I am excited to have discovered Overlanding, modifying and maintaining vehicles as another hobby.

Likewise, I am happy to have found a forum of like minded individuals and perhaps members in the area who are passionate. Cheers!

IMG-001.jpg

PhilipMFun

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor I

Denver, CO
Member #

New FORUM member. Just ordered member badge so once I get that I'll update my profile.

Name is Phil, currently in Olympia, Washington. Soon will be moving to the Denver area.

IMG_20160523_113323686_HDR.jpg <--- this is "Wicket", my Jeep TJ adventure transporting device. Look forward to badging W with Overland emblem and hitting more trails!

@philzositynow on instagram

nparker72

Rank IV
Launch Member

Member III

Akron, Ohio
Member #

DSCN8484.JPG hello guys,

Name is Nathan. I live in Akron, Ohio. looking at going on a long road trip from Ohio out to Idaho where my uncle lives and then back a different route. I know for sure I want to see Mt. Rushmore on the journey.

My rig, I got a 2005 Ford f-150 with the 3v 5.4l v8 super cab 6.5 ft bed.
-the engine was replaced 23k miles ago with a reman.
i have this done to it
-2.5 Hell bent steel leveling kit
-had 35 inch tires, back to stock until i get new ones
-raptor running lights
-as of 2 days ago i just bought a century truck cap

I saw another member on here Raul B, who also has a f150 and i really liked his build and am doing somthing similar but my own twist to it.

would love input from all members. always wanting to learn more.
DSCN8484.JPG
in the search for new tires, instead of 35, im thinking 33s.
also looking at building a roof rack for my new truck cap.

thank you for the warm welcome already

Last edited:

jb10

Rank I

Contributor III

hello!

new to the group and just getting started in overlanding. live in aurora co and bought a 97 4runner a little over a year ago and have been making upgrades since. got a rtt last week and took it on a trip to wyo to test it out. great tent and a fun trip.
looking forward to learning from the group and taking many more and longer trips!

Dustin

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Hayward, CA
Member #

Hi Everyone! I'm Dustin, just joined up. Found out about this place as I was researching my first ever, off road adventure, Corral Hollow Trail. Went out and successfully completed the trail with my wife and daughter in tow this past Saturday. Was a blast! Here's a photo too :)

1) Bay Area CA
2) 2012 Xterra, Pro-4x edition. 33" tires and not much else
3) Complete novice, hoping to learn as I go :)

Truckerbizz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Reno NV
Member #

View attachment 5879 hello guys,

Name is Nathan. I live in Akron, Ohio. looking at going on a long road trip from Ohio out to Idaho where my uncle lives and then back a different route. I know for sure I want to see Mt. Rushmore on the journey.

i have this done to it
-raptor running lights

I saw another member on here Raul B, who also has a f150 and i really liked his build and am doing somthing similar but my own twist to it.

View attachment 5879

Woo another full size!

Reactions: nparker72

nparker72

Rank IV
Launch Member

Member III

Akron, Ohio
Member #

I've not been home much for the past week or so, so a hearty welcome to all the new Overland Bound forum members!

Howdy, neighbor, from Lorain County!
so awesome to have someone who lives so close!

im planning a trip out to idaho for the next year, one stop i want to see is Mt. rushmore. if you have any other places in mind let me know! be much appreciated!

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

IronPercheron

Rank VI
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Sweeny Texas
Member #

View attachment 5879 hello guys,

i have this done to it
-raptor running lights

View attachment 5879

NICE!

This is Rutger.
2012 Ford Superduty FX4
6.2L Gas.
uploadfromtaptalk1468280437144.jpg
I have a collection of military grade storage/pelican I use for gear when we take this. The tool box is well loaded, including my winch on a receiver basket... there's a ford crowd in here for sure. Mostly F150.

This is / was Uncle Ruckus..
1986 Bronco

uploadfromtaptalk1468280607341.jpg

This was the overland rig of sorts... but parts and maintenance was killer on a 30 year old rig. A younger family member is trying to talk me out of it.

Recently bought a 4runner to build. But still a big time ford man.

Looking forward to your build!

nparker72

Rank IV
Launch Member

Member III

Akron, Ohio
Member #

NICE!

This is Rutger.
2012 Ford Superduty FX4
6.2L Gas.
View attachment 5888
I have a collection of military grade storage/pelican I use for gear when we take this. The tool box is well loaded, including my winch on a receiver basket... there's a ford crowd in here for sure. Mostly F150.

Looking forward to your build!
thanks, i just bought a fiberglass truck cap a few days ago, its black and actually looks pretty solid on my white truck.
i did trade my tool box for it and some cash which was a bummer but I plan on getting some nice storage containers that i can chain up.

you said you got military grade storage, would love more details if you could message me about them that would be fantastic!

super clean trucks!

IronPercheron

Rank VI
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Sweeny Texas
Member #

thanks, i just bought a fiberglass truck cap a few days ago, its black and actually looks pretty solid on my white truck.
i did trade my tool box for it and some cash which was a bummer but I plan on getting some nice storage containers that i can chain up.

you said you got military grade storage, would love more details if you could message me about them that would be fantastic!

super clean trucks!
I will shoot a PM tomorrow

IronPercheron

Rank VI
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Sweeny Texas
Member #

New to the Overland Bound form. I have had several Jeep variants and now I'm playing with an 88' Ramcharger. I just refinished the exterior with Desert Sand bedliner. Also over the last year updated the motor to a 360 from the original 318 and replaced all the steering components.
Pretty sure your the only ramcharger... we needed that!