Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hello fellow Overlanders!

Rigs : 1997 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport and 1986 Dodge PowerRam W150

Overlanding level : Experienced

I've lurked OB for a long time and finally was able to afford to join. Today is the first chance I have had to register and join the forum.

I lived in the Northern California almost my whole life. I currently live just north of Eureka out in Humboldt county, and have been here just over 6 years.

I have a couple rigs for different kinds of Overlanding. My Subaru is my primary right now is outfitted with Primitive Racing heavy duty skid plates and a cheapo roof rack. I'm planning on adding off road lights and doing a lift soon to fit bigger off road tires. My Dodge W150 is a work in progress. It has a 4" Skyjacker lift and 33"tires. Its awaiting some rust repair and new driveshafts before I feel it would be dependable offroad. It was destined for the graveyard but I saved it by putting a new(used) engine in it and spending lots of time and effort rebuilding bits and pieces making it trustworthy and dependable. It's almost ready to become dedicated overlanding.

I would say I am pretty experienced off road. I grew up off grid on a dirt road that was pretty much a trail so learning to four wheel was part of daily life. Being off grid we had to rely on ourselves and helping dad keep the cars and tractors running gave me the skills to be a mechanic. I worked as a Land Rover technician for about 7 years and was part of the Off Road events that teach customers how to get the most out of the car they bought. I've also been a technician and worked at Porsche and Chrysler Jeep and Dodge. I joke my life savings is in precious metal, aka Snap-On tools. :tearsofjoy: So anyone who has read this far, feel free to hit me up and I am looking forward to be a part of the OB community!

Nick OB#8078
View attachment 39571 View attachment 39572
View attachment 39570
Hello and welcome to the OB crew..great looking rigs...lots of childhood memories in a power wagon...look forward to seeing your build and adventures

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Good Morning All!

I'm leaving my 9 year career in the Marines in the next two weeks and I'm highly considering converting my truck to an overland style vehicle and taking a bunch of gear and dog and traveling the U.S. until I run out of cash or get bored.

I plan to look for dispersed camping sites in the National Parks/Forests and also friends from service all over the country. Also sleeping in the bed of the truck after converting it to a sleeping/storage area.

Looking for tips on what to do with the truck, parts, etc.

Looking at, camper top, building a sleeping storage area for the bed, new front and rear bumpers to support spare tire/hi-lift jack/jerry cans, and anything else anyone recommends.

Rig: 2016 Silverado Z71 Crew Cab 4wd with 6" Lift and 35's.View attachment 39573
Hello and welcome to the OB crew...great looking rig and thank you for your service and sacrifice...

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hello all! New to the forum. Been Overlanding most of my life in some form or fashion! Glad to be here.

Rig: 2002 Tacoma (Pictures to follow) I have had the truck for 15+ years. Just now really outfitting it the way I want!
Hello Stephen and welcome to the OB crew..glad to add another Toy to the group and look forward to seeing your adventures

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hiya!

Name: Lando
Newbie to off roading, but love the outdoors.
2017 Tacoma Off Road 4x2

Cheers,
Lando
Hello Lando and welcome to the OB crew..Good looking Toy and look forward to seeing your adventures

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hi everyone!

I recently got a 2017 Ram Outdoorsman to replace my built 2Dr JK, so I get to start all over again outfitting for long distance travel and camping.

I’m based out of London Ontario Canada, but I travel all over Ontario on a weekly basis. So if you want to meet up, just give me a shout!
I have a lot of plans for this rig, but I’m starting with ditching the 20’s for 315/70R17 Duratracs on ProComp 17x9’s and a mild spacer leveling kit until I can afford the AEV 1500 suspension.

My off road experience is moderate I’d say, good winch recovery skills, as 37’s and open diffs got me into a lot of trouble in the Jeep. ;)View attachment 39535
Hello and welcome to the OB crew

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Ahoy! Im Mike, I'm currently exploring North Georgia (Atlanta) and originally from the Tampa Bay Area of Florida. I really got into Overlanding while in the Navy stationed in Washington state, my first big trip was a cross-country trip from FL to WA in my 2005 Tacoma which I just purchased at the time. After the Navy and two years of school I am now a professional Photographer and looking to do some more exploring. FYI I named my truck The Yeti. Here is a before and after of my truck

The Yeti in the Olympic Mountains WA.
View attachment 39539

The Yeti as she sits today
View attachment 39540
Hello Mike and welcome to the OB crew..good looking Toy and look forward to seeing your adventures

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hi, my name is Mike. I have a 2016 jeep JKU. I have quite alot of experience doing what most call car camping. Most of my offroad experience has been old fire roads and farmers fields to get to hunting spots. I am interested in getting into overlanding and expanding my horizons.View attachment 39538
Hello Mike and welcome to the OB crew..good looking jeep and look forward to seeing your adventures

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

I'm from South Carolina and a senior in high school. I drive a 82 Toyota pickup 4x4 that my dad and I built together. No experience overlanding but I've done a lot of mudding.
Hello Luke and welcome to the OB crew..glad to add another Toy to the group and look forward to seeing your adventures

LebowskiDude

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hi everyone

I have been stalking this website for several months and finally downloaded the app!

I currently live in central Indiana.
Previously had a '01 Jeep XJ but sold last year. I have a family of four so I am looking to get either a Ford Excursion V10, Isuzu Trooper, or another XJ.

I would consider myself a novice at best haha.

Reactions: AAV and Chadlyb

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hi everyone

I have been stalking this website for several months and finally downloaded the app!

Previously had a '01 Jeep XJ but sold last year. I have a family of four so I am looking to get either a Ford Excursion V10, Isuzu Trooper, or another XJ.

Hello and welcome to the OB crew..glad to see you come out of hiding...look forward to seeing your adventures and your build

Eric Neal

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Atlanta, GA
Member #

thanks Chadlyb... haven't got WA on the planning calendar but my wife and I do want to visit the Great Northwest to experience the giant Redwood, and the Oregon/Washington coasts. May even spend some time in the deserts out east of you.

Hello Eric and welcome to the OB crew..glad you're out of hiding..look forward to seeing your adventures

Reactions: Chadlyb

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hi everyone

Hi LebowskiDude and welcome to OB! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

John Long

Rank III
Launch Member

Member III

Raeford, NC
First Name
john
Last Name
Long
Member #

Hey Everyone,
I'm a new member, just getting into Overlanding. I live in the Raeford, NC area and am looking forward to getting out further and further as I learn what it takes to do so. I can't wait to get more involved with the OB Community.

Reactions: Chadlyb