Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Well hi I am Ken however as that name was taken no shock there then choose “Grumpy old man” as that is what my wife thinks I am lol. My location is Goa India, however both sons live in Australia so our next adventure is another big lap of Oz stealing sons Triton for the trip taking 3 to 6 months being retired is the best job ever. Past trips include over the years 1976 riding dirt bike from port harcourt to Lagos around 600kms. This was while working there as a helicopter mech for two years. Riding another dirt bike round Mail west Africa while being an engine tech rep on presidents aircraft. Driving VW bus round Kinshasa Zaire while working for total w**ker only time I had jump ship. Next working in Bombay for 7 years now driving round that place is a true adventure you just have to do lol. Driven up into Kashmir and gone over the highest drivable road in the world at 5602 meters 18000 + feet above sea level.
So our next big trip is doing Australia again looking fwd to it. Swaging our way round doing canning stock route gibb river road Annie Beal highway bridsville and various others.
So hi to all hope to meet up in the bush/ outback or the roads of India sometime.
Hi Ken,

Welcome to Overland Bound!

You did some pretty amazing trips and have seen interesting places.

Greetings from Europe,
Bjoern

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Well hi I am Ken however as that name was taken no shock there then choose “Grumpy old man” as that is what my wife thinks I am lol. My location is Goa India, however both sons live in Australia so our next adventure is another big lap of Oz stealing sons Triton for the trip taking 3 to 6 months being retired is the best job ever. Past trips include over the years 1976 riding dirt bike from port harcourt to Lagos around 600kms. This was while working there as a helicopter mech for two years. Riding another dirt bike round Mail west Africa while being an engine tech rep on presidents aircraft. Driving VW bus round Kinshasa Zaire while working for total w**ker only time I had jump ship. Next working in Bombay for 7 years now driving round that place is a true adventure you just have to do lol. Driven up into Kashmir and gone over the highest drivable road in the world at 5602 meters 18000 + feet above sea level.
So our next big trip is doing Australia again looking fwd to it. Swaging our way round doing canning stock route gibb river road Annie Beal highway bridsville and various others.
So hi to all hope to meet up in the bush/ outback or the roads of India sometime.
Hallo Ken
Welcome to OBO
Greetings from Sweden
If you are Ken that’s means your wife are barbie right, she can’t think that you’re a grumpy old man.
WBR
Bengt N

paul87250

Rank VIII
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger III

Folles, Haute-Vienne, France
First Name
paul
Last Name
Newbold
Member #

Welcome to OB from us in France, enjoy the community

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello Ken, welcome to Overland Bound.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello and welcome to the OB family.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Welcome To Overland Bound Ken
Have fun in Australia, lots of overlanders there.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
North America
App Tutorials
Overland Bound One App Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Take a try at adding a track or point of interest to the app.
Local information for any of our regions can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Greetings Ken, welcome to Overland Bound!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Brad

Louisiana by way of Missouri
2021 Toyota TRD Off-Road 4 Runner
Just getting started.
Welcome To Overland Bound Brad
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
U.S. SouthEast (AR LA MS KY TN AL NC SC GA FL)
App Tutorials
Overland Bound One App Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Take a try at adding a track or point of interest to the app.
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Check out the four Overland Expo events https://www.OverlandExpo.com
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Dirttraveler

Rank II

Contributor II

Gilroy, California, United States
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Kendrick
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
None yet
Hi all this is Dirttraveler. I joined a couple weeks back. I went to my local meetup last Saturday. It was great to see and meet so many nice people there. I don’t have “overland experience”. I have done plenty of hunting and camping through my life.  In the next month I will become an empty Nester and I’m interested in doing a whole lot more vehicle camping and exploring. Im from the southern SF bay area. I drive a 2013 Jeep JK that I have set up for sleeping inside. My Jeep has mostly been used to go to the family ranch and hunt and do some off-roading.

Attachments

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Hi all this is Dirttraveler. I joined a couple weeks back. I went to my local meetup last Saturday. It was great to see and meet so many nice people there. I don’t have “overland experience”. I have done plenty of hunting and camping through my life.  In the next month I will become an empty Nester and I’m interested in doing a whole lot more vehicle camping and exploring. Im from the southern SF bay area. I drive a 2013 Jeep JK that I have set up for sleeping inside. My Jeep has mostly been used to go to the family ranch and hunt and do some off-roading.
Hallo Steve
Welcome to OBO
Greetings from Sweden
WBR
Bengt N

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hi Steve,

Welcome to Overland Bound!

Greetings from Europe,
Bjoern