Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
Good morning! My name is Taylor and I’m currently living in the PNW. I’m 29 years old and work in the petroleum industry. I’m an avid camper who’s currently waiting on a 2023 Colorado trail boss to start getting into more remote areas to camp. I hope to learn a lot about navigation, gear, and want to meet people up here to plan trips with!
Taylor, Welcome to Overland Bound, we are a a bit north of you just past Seattle. Congratulations on your new rig, looking forward to seeing some photos after you get it, and as you kit it out. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions as you dig through the website or app. Keep an eye on the Calendar and Rally Point tabs for events if you looking to meet up with other folks. There are a couple of good events coming up where you can meet all kinds of other overlanding types, look at rigs and have the opportunity to take some classes and look at way to much gear that is available for sale . .lol The Northwest Overland Rally in Plain, WA (Near Leavenworth) June 15 through 18th (event published on Rally Point) and the much larger PNW Overland Expo in Redmond (Bend) OR July 7th thru the 9th, both with day or weekend passes and camping.

Dvibs

Rank 0

Contributor I

Portland, Oregon, United States
First Name
Taylor
Last Name
DeV
Good morning! My name is Taylor and I’m currently living in the PNW. I’m 29 years old and work in the petroleum industry. I’m an avid camper who’s currently waiting on a 2023 Colorado trail boss to start getting into more remote areas to camp. I hope to learn a lot about navigation, gear, and want to meet people up here to plan trips with!
Taylor, Welcome to Overland Bound, we are a a bit north of you just past Seattle. Congratulations on your new rig, looking forward to seeing some photos after you get it, and as you kit it out. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions as you dig through the website or app. Keep an eye on the Calendar and Rally Point tabs for events if you looking to meet up with other folks. There are a couple of good events coming up where you can meet all kinds of other overlanding types, look at rigs and have the opportunity to take some classes and look at way to much gear that is available for sale . .lol The Northwest Overland Rally in Plain, WA (Near Leavenworth) June 15 through 18th (event published on Rally Point) and the much larger PNW Overland Expo in Redmond (Bend) OR July 7th thru the 9th, both with day or weekend passes and camping.
Thank you so much! I will be at the PNW Overland Expo in Redmond!

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Hello everyone a beginner here
1)Coats . North Carolina
2) i dont have a rig yet but thinking about investing in Chevy equinox 2019 although didn't find much accessories for camping related stuff yet
3)overland experience: Novice.
Hallo Hemza
Welcome to OBO
Good luck with the rig hunt
Greetings from Sweden
WBR
Bengt N

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
1)Coats . North Carolina
2) i dont have a rig yet but thinking about investing in Chevy equinox 2019 although didn't find much accessories for camping related stuff yet
Hi Hemza and welcome to Oveerland Bound!

Check out the forums here and you will find plenty of useful information to get startet. And of course many members who are haopy to help if you have questions. Just ask if you like.

Greetings from Europe,
Bjoern

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
1)Coats . North Carolina
Hello Hemza, welcome to Overland Bound.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
1)Coats . North Carolina
Welcome To Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
U.S. SouthEast (AR LA MS KY TN AL NC SC GA FL)
App Tutorials
Overland Bound One App Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Take a try at adding a track or point of interest to the app.
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Check out the four Overland Expo events https://www.OverlandExpo.com
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

ScotiaJeep

Rank II

Pathfinder II

San Martin, CA, USA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Miner
Member #

IMG_5761.jpegIMG_8764.jpeg
Hello. I’m super excited to be a part of this community.
I’m a newbie to off-roading with Death Valley and Hollister Hills in California with Cal4West under my belt and soon Moab, Utah.
I have a 2022 Jeep Rubicon with a factory lift, winch and off-road tires.
I live in the Bay Area, California, love to camp and look forward to exploring Anza Borrego, Baja, Sierras, along with other states.

Last edited:

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
1)Coats . North Carolina
Hello and welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
View attachment 259171View attachment 259172
Hello. I’m super excited to be a part of this communit.
I’m a newbie to off-reading with Death Valley and Hollister Hills in California with Cal4West under my belt and soon Moab, Utah.
I love to camp and look forward to exploring Anza Borrego, Baja and other states.
Hello and welcome to the OB family.

Wandering_Scotty

Rank VII

Pioneer II

San Jose, Santa Clara County, California, United States
First Name
Scotty
Last Name
Joseph
Member #

1)Coats . North Carolina
Welcome and look forward to see what rig you end up building!

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
View attachment 259171View attachment 259172
Hello. I’m super excited to be a part of this community.
I’m a newbie to off-roading with Death Valley and Hollister Hills in California with Cal4West under my belt and soon Moab, Utah.
I live in the Bay Area, California, love to camp and look forward to exploring Anza Borrego, Baja, Sierras, along with other states.
Hi Rob,

Welcome to Overland Bound!

Greetings from Europe,
Bjoern

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Hi all,

On a plane in Denver, waiting to depart to Reno NV to buy our first Jeep! A 2019 Rubi with room to customize. I will be driving it back home to Houston soon.I will post a pick then.
Hallo David
Welcome to OBO
Great to hear about the pick up
Greetings from Sweden
WBR
Bengt N

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hi all,

On a plane in Denver, waiting to depart to Reno NV to buy our first Jeep! A 2019 Rubi with room to customize. I will be driving it back home to Houston soon.I will post a pick then.
Hi David and welcome to Overland Bound!

Greetings from Europe,
Bjoern

Wandering_Scotty

Rank VII

Pioneer II

San Jose, Santa Clara County, California, United States
First Name
Scotty
Last Name
Joseph
Member #

Hi all,

Welcome to the community! Look forward to seeing your rig.

Bad Sport

Rank V
Investor

Advocate II

National City, CA, USA
First Name
Lyle
Last Name
Mardis
Member #

Service Branch
US Navy
Hello,

I'm new to the forum, but have been watching the YT for years. I'm always looking for ways to make over landing more efficient so I can enjoy my time out in nature more and worry about my gear less. I've been lurking for a while and ya'll seem to be a decent group of people.

About me:
I enjoy helping friends I meet on the trail, but I'm not a people person ... yeah, I know, contradiction. Think of it as your favorite introverted MacGyver who would give you the shirt off their back if it meant saving your life lunch ... or something.

I travel with my family and sometimes the tactical puppy. We are always up for planning a new vacation adventure. No, we haven't found a way to stick to the plans either; I think it requires hexes and spells I haven't yet garnered in my years on this rock hurling through space. If you have any tips/tricks/hexes/spells/ai controlled terminators to help with your plans please let me know

The vehicle we currently adventure travel in is a Land Cruiser 200. We have made upgrades, I need to do more, I could probably do without some I've done. I'll find ways to share and hopefully help someone with the things I've done. I won't bore you with the things everyone has already documented 10,000 times at every corner of the internet ... I just have to actually do that interesting "nevah been done befoa" thing ...

Current Mission:
Find a way to fit my AED in a convenient place that doesn't take up "prime" real estate while still being readily available. I'm finding that I'm apparently the only crazy person whom wants to shock someone with 200 joules of electricity in the back country. I hope it's not any of you ... or me ... or anyone in my family, or anyone I know. Hell, I hope it sits in my truck and never gets used; but if/when it's needed, I hope I'm there.

/n00b post
Hi Barry. Welcome to Overland Bound.