First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hi there Overlanders!

My name is Robert and I am a pretty novice overlander. I've done Australia, Balkans, Baltics and Ukraine till now. This in a Suzuki Grand Vitara and Prado 120. Now for the coming 2-3 years I'll be living and overlanding in Mongolia.

I'll be starting from scratch. I just bought a Land Cruiser 200 V6 (2008). Which is kind of stock. That is, it now has a 140 Liter petrol Tank and a 6th wheel rack. With 125k kilometers on the clock it's still young. It was mainly used in the city.

The plan:
Roofrack with tent
Old Man Emu BP51 Shocks
Drawers
Power supply
AT tires, maybe some Mud ones too.

I hope Overland Bound can be of help, though currently it looks like it's aimed at US only and no metric system. Lack of a metric system will be annoying, especially if i add sights to the App as signs will be in metric.

Helping to build the App in Mongolia will be a goal of that is somehow possible. But i haven't gone that deep in the App yet.

Anyways, hope to see you on the forum soon, or maybe even on the road?! Plenty of events i noticed.

Nice to meet you,
Robert
Greetings Robert, welcome to Overland Bound!

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hi there Overlanders!

My name is Robert and I am a pretty novice overlander. I've done Australia, Balkans, Baltics and Ukraine till now. This in a Suzuki Grand Vitara and Prado 120. Now for the coming 2-3 years I'll be living and overlanding in Mongolia.

I'll be starting from scratch. I just bought a Land Cruiser 200 V6 (2008). Which is kind of stock. That is, it now has a 140 Liter petrol Tank and a 6th wheel rack. With 125k kilometers on the clock it's still young. It was mainly used in the city.

The plan:
Roofrack with tent
Old Man Emu BP51 Shocks
Drawers
Power supply

I hope Overland Bound can be of help, though currently it looks like it's aimed at US only and no metric system. Lack of a metric system will be annoying, especially if i add sights to the App as signs will be in metric.

Helping to build the App in Mongolia will be a goal of that is somehow possible. But i haven't gone that deep in the App yet.

Anyways, hope to see you on the forum soon, or maybe even on the road?! Plenty of events i noticed.

Nice to meet you,
Robert
Hello Robert, welcome to Overland Bound.

Omar.IntotheWild23

Rank II

Contributor III

Ventura, CA, USA
First Name
Omar
Last Name
Ochoa
Member #

Service Branch
Retired Navy
Greetings from Ventura, CA. I’m Omar and I‘m new to this website and to the overlanding community. I just got my ‘22 4-Runner Off Road Pro last Sept while living in the Washington DC area. I drove across the country for a new job in Feb23. Now that I’m in CA, I really want to get into overlanding; I’m definitely a novice (unless watching YouTube videos count). Then again, if it weren’t for watching a video by Lifestyle Overland, I might not have found this site and community, so I’m grateful for his vid and channel for helping me get one step closer to making my overlanding goals a reality! I‘ve still got work to do on my setup, but this is a pic of my rig (The Gaucho) in Newport, RI back in Dec ‘22.

IMG_0928.jpeg

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Greetings from Ventura, CA. I’m Omar and I‘m new to this website and to the overlanding community. I just got my ‘22 4-Runner Off Road Pro last Sept while living in the Washington DC area. I drove across the country for a new job in Feb23. Now that I’m in CA, I really want to get into overlanding; I’m definitely a novice (unless watching YouTube videos count). Then again, if it weren’t for watching a video by Lifestyle Overland, I might not have found this site and community, so I’m grateful for his vid and channel for helping me get one step closer to making my overlanding goals a reality! I‘ve still got work to do on my setup, but this is a pic of my rig (The Gaucho) in Newport, RI back in Dec ‘22.

View attachment 258641
Hallo Omar
Welcome to OBO
Greetings from Sweden
WBR
Bengt N

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Hi there Overlanders!

The plan:
Roofrack with tent
Old Man Emu BP51 Shocks
Drawers
Power supply

Nice to meet you,
Robert
Hallo Robert
Welcome to OBO
Greetings from Sweden
Bengt N

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn

View attachment 258641
Hello Omar, welcome to Overland Bound.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

View attachment 258641
Welcome to Overland Bound Omar
Don't hesitate to contact the SoCal Local Expert @Narbob for help or information.
Some contacts for local information are @Barclay (LA) @FrankRoams (OC/SD) & www.Riggedfordirt.com
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
U.S. West (HI CA NV)
App Tutorials
Overland Bound One App Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Take a try at adding a track or point of interest to the app.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check out Overland Expo About WEST — Overland Expo®
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi there Overlanders!

The plan:
Roofrack with tent
Old Man Emu BP51 Shocks
Drawers
Power supply

Nice to meet you,
Robert
Welcome To Overland Bound Robert
Some good resources for you might be @Polaris Overland and @El-Dracho, they can probably turn you on to other resources that might be helpful for your project.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
North America
App Tutorials
Local information for any of our regions can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Check out the four Overland Expo events https://www.OverlandExpo.com
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello,

I'm new to the forum, but have been watching the YT for years. I'm always looking for ways to make over landing more efficient so I can enjoy my time out in nature more and worry about my gear less. I've been lurking for a while and ya'll seem to be a decent group of people.

About me:
I enjoy helping friends I meet on the trail, but I'm not a people person ... yeah, I know, contradiction. Think of it as your favorite introverted MacGyver who would give you the shirt off their back if it meant saving your life lunch ... or something.

I travel with my family and sometimes the tactical puppy. We are always up for planning a new vacation adventure. No, we haven't found a way to stick to the plans either; I think it requires hexes and spells I haven't yet garnered in my years on this rock hurling through space. If you have any tips/tricks/hexes/spells/ai controlled terminators to help with your plans please let me know

The vehicle we currently adventure travel in is a Land Cruiser 200. We have made upgrades, I need to do more, I could probably do without some I've done. I'll find ways to share and hopefully help someone with the things I've done. I won't bore you with the things everyone has already documented 10,000 times at every corner of the internet ... I just have to actually do that interesting "nevah been done befoa" thing ...

Current Mission:
Find a way to fit my AED in a convenient place that doesn't take up "prime" real estate while still being readily available. I'm finding that I'm apparently the only crazy person whom wants to shock someone with 200 joules of electricity in the back country. I hope it's not any of you ... or me ... or anyone in my family, or anyone I know. Hell, I hope it sits in my truck and never gets used; but if/when it's needed, I hope I'm there.

/n00b post
Welcome To Overland Bound
Could you edit your profile to include a city or town, this will allow the app and members to get you local information.
Also good luck finding a place for the AED, great tool to cary for that unknown situation.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
RESOURCE MAP
North America
App Tutorials
Local information for any of our regions can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
New member from Gallatin, TN. 2004 Lexus GX470. 3" OME lift.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
RESOURCE MAP
U.S. SouthEast (AR LA MS KY TN AL NC SC GA FL)
App Tutorials
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi everyone - My name is Grant but my friends call me Bruzo.
I live in Botswana and drive a 2014 LC 200.
Love overlanding and we certainly have some of the best in the world.
There is a great resource in SA that you might want to contact, @Get Out GO is our African Ambassador.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
RESOURCE MAP
North America
App Tutorials
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
https://www.treadlightly.org/learn/online-courses/

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi all. Another Noobe here. I currently have 3 Jeeps, but the 2023 Jeep/AEV JL370 Rubicon will be my off pavementexploration vehicle. I live in the DC Metro area on the MD side. I used to do promative camping/overlanding in the 90's, before the term overlanding was so popular, but will consider myself a novice for now.View attachment 258202View attachment 258203.
Great looking Rubicon!! Those Rock Slide Engineering sliders are the best.
You are in the East Region, local information can be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
RESOURCE MAP
U.S. East (VA WV MD DE NJ PA NY CT RI MA NH VT ME)
App Tutorials
Quick adult & youth Tread Lightly online awareness course.
Check out Overland Expo About EAST — Overland Expo®

Polaris Overland

Ambassador, Europe

Pioneer I

Newtonhill, Stonehaven, Aberdeenshire, UK
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Spinks
Member #

Service Branch
Royal Navy Veteran
Hi there Overlanders!

The plan:
Roofrack with tent
Old Man Emu BP51 Shocks
Drawers
Power supply

Nice to meet you,
Robert
Hi Robert welcome to OB.
Whilst OB started in the US I can assure you there is a big active OB Community out with the USA.

I'm jealous you are getting to spend so much time in Mongolia exploring. How are you getting there, is it an overland trip to get there?
We drove there from the UK back in 2018 and enjoyed 2 months exploring the country. 2 Years wouldn't actually be enough though and I could and would quite happily spend 2 years there.

I did start adding some of our Wild Camps to the app so make sure to check them out as these were the cream of the crop from our time there although all were exceptional. Mongolia is a nomadic country so wild camping is normal but be prepared to have a Mongolian family rock up 3 deep on a motorbike to check you out and smile a lot.

For our trip to Mongolia we changed our set up to be more suitable for Mongolia travel so I'm always happy to help, discuss and advise where I can.

Look forward to seeing your trips and following your progress.

Any questions etc give me a shout

Dave

Get Out GO

Ambassador, Africa

Influencer III

Randburg, South Africa
First Name
Christoff
Last Name
Eilerd
Member #

Hi everyone - My name is Grant but my friends call me Bruzo.
I live in Botswana and drive a 2014 LC 200.
Love overlanding and we certainly have some of the best in the world.
Welcome Grant, great to see you here! Just shout if you need any help with anything!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549

View attachment 258641
Greetings Omar, welcome to Overland Bound!

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE

View attachment 258641
Hi Omar and welcome to Overland Bound!

Greetings from Europe,
Bjoern

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hi there Overlanders!

The plan:
Roofrack with tent
Old Man Emu BP51 Shocks
Drawers
Power supply

Nice to meet you,
Robert
Hi Robert,

Welcome to Overland Bound!

Based in Mongolia you have some great options to go on awesome overlanding trips.

I have been to Mongolia twice, 2010 by dual sport bike and 2018 by 4x4 (and both times further on east then to Vladivostok). Great area for overlanding trips.

While it was still very remote on our first trip, when we hardly met any other overlanders and even in the capital it was not easy to find a service or something similar for the bikes and equipment, in recent years an overlander scene has been established in Mongolia So, there are several contact points for overlanders. Due to C19 and the lack of travellers during that time, things have changed of course. I still have a few local points of contact.

If you need any help, also on how to use the forum here or the app, feel free to get in touch. I'm happy to help.

Bjoern

Explorer I

Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Dutch
Member #

Hi there Overlanders!

The plan:
Roofrack with tent
Old Man Emu BP51 Shocks
Drawers
Power supply

Nice to meet you,
Robert
Hi Robert,

Welcome to Overland Bound!

Based in Mongolia you have some great options to go on awesome overlanding trips.

I have been to Mongolia twice, 2010 by dual sport bike and 2018 by 4x4 (and both times further on east then to Vladivostok). Great area for overlanding trips.

While it was still very remote on our first trip, when we hardly met any other overlanders and even in the capital it was not easy to find a service or something similar for the bikes and equipment, in recent years an overlander scene has been established in Mongolia So, there are several contact points for overlanders. Due to C19 and the lack of travellers during that time, things have changed of course. I still have a few local points of contact.

If you need any help, also on how to use the forum here or the app, feel free to get in touch. I'm happy to help.

Bjoern
Thank Bjoern, covid indeed seems to have had quite the impact. No tourists, therefore less overlanding, which in turn has an impact on the whole suplly and service chain. Even now, end of May, when most Mongolians haven't started planning yet, lots of equipment is out of stock and garages with expertise are few.

However, some higher and mid quality places survived. Maybe 5 or so. Sufficient to get most things done.

If you are in the running to build a rig, the time is now in Mongolia. Stock of the previous years is still around which were bought at a considerably lower price compared to the new stock coming in. Can be hundreds of Euro/Dollar dif. I bought a roofrack for 600(Patriot (AUS)), the same model, but yet to be imported will be almost 900. Rhino are sold out, ARB is close to 1500-2000.

Unfortunately i am on a tight schedule to get the rig ready before the 10th of June for my 1st 6 week trip.

Tires are my biggest worry. The rain and snow made horrible mud tracks where my current AT won't be able to get through. So I might go for Mud tires. Maxxis as they are the only one carrying my size. Then again, there will probably also be quite a bit of asphalt, desert and gravel to be done. Lots of airing down i guess. I think I'll go for the safety of the mud tire and leave the AT home for now. /rant

Omar.IntotheWild23

Rank II

Contributor III

Ventura, CA, USA
First Name
Omar
Last Name
Ochoa
Member #

Service Branch
Retired Navy
Welcome to Overland Bound Omar
Don't hesitate to contact the SoCal Local Expert @Narbob for help or information.
Some contacts for local information are @Barclay (LA) @FrankRoams (OC/SD) & www.Riggedfordirt.com
RESOURCE MAP
U.S. West (HI CA NV)
App Tutorials
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Check out Overland Expo About WEST — Overland Expo®
Thanks so much for the great welcome and the contact info.
V/r- Omar