Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi and looking forward to meeting you all! Love to overland, really anything that has to do with the outdoors is my happy place. I’m looking forward having more adventures with amazing people!
Rig: 2015 Rubicon JK
Welcome to Overland Bound
A great local contact is @Speric who organizes a local meetup in Rohnert Park
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members. There is a very active meet-up in Livermore that meets monthly, they can be found on the map and calendar.
RESOURCE MAP
U.S. West (HI CA NV)
App Tutorials
Overland Bound One App Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Take a try at adding a track or point of interest to the app.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip
Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check out Overland Expo About WEST — Overland Expo®
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Good morning, good life.

Re joining this community after a few years off. Looking at going Over Landing FULL TIME... Yes, renting the house and hitting the road for awhile starting this summer. First stop is Expo West in May. Driving from Denver to Flagstaff with trails in between. Reach out if you are able to join me on the trail this May.

Best, j
Here is a link to our full time member section of the forum, @Magic Mike, @Firemom, @Kelly are great contacts for the full timers in the US.
Full-time & Long Term Overland Travel
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
As you travel you can use the Member Map to find other members and events near your location. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
App Tutorials
Check out the four Overland Expo events https://www.OverlandExpo.com
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey guys.

I’d like to introduce myself to the group.

I’m a novice to Overlanding and just completed a build out on my Audi Q7 TDI.

I live in the Lake Norman area near Charlotte and have a number of trails and a couple local Overlanding groups to get up with but am excited to be here as well.

I couldn’t me more happy with the outcome. Eurowise Performance in Charlotte, NC did a fantastic job for me.

❇Custom blacked out honeycomb grill
❇3” lift kit from Eurowise
❇Rotiform STL 18s
❇Falken Wildpeak 265/65r18 AT3
❇Eurowise roof rack with 38” light bar and custom Trigger 4 wireless control
❇DPF delete, AGR delete, ECU tune
❇new transmission Mount
Welcome To Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
U.S. SouthEast (AR LA MS KY TN AL NC SC GA FL)
App Tutorials
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi, Alex here from Vallejo, CA. I drive an 05 Land Rover LR3. Lots of traveling around the world as a kid and have been overlanding for a couple of years now. Still outfitting the rig with mostly DIY stuff and exploring the west coast. I have my wife and 3 young kids with me. Mountain biking, SUP and hiking with the kiddos seem to be most of the activities that take up our time. Long time fan of OB and hope to continue to reach out to this community.
View attachment 253873
A great local contact is @TrailHawkGuy who organizes the East Bay meetup.
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members. There is a very active meet-up in Livermore that meets monthly, they can be found on the map and calendar.
RESOURCE MAP
U.S. West (HI CA NV)
App Tutorials
Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi! My name is Alicia and I’m living in Mesa, Arizona and part time in Rocky Point, MX. I’m not new to being a member but just got a new 2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport JL 4x4 and really didn’t do much before with my Jeep Renegade.

I’m excited to get out and have some fun. Have been adding mods already and tires was one of my firsts still am working on a lift, any advice where without breaking the bank would be amazing!

Nice to meet you all!
Welcome to Overland Bound Alicia
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
U.S. SouthWest (AZ NM TX OK)
App Tutorials
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Our Local Expert in your area is @freak4life
Check out Overland Expo https://www.OverlandExpo.com

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello from near Denver, CO. Lots of desert camping as a kid, Coast Guard, Kodiak, San Diego, WA south Fl (1980''s). Rig is a 2020 4Runner, C4 Lowpro front with a super winch, full skid plate, plenty of light, Cold Air Intake and Magnum exhaust for a little more air at altitude. Thanks for being here, plenty for me to learn here.
RESOURCE MAP
U.S. Rocky Mountain (MT ND SD NE KS CO UT WY)
App Tutorials
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in our Rocky Mountain Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
OB Members Colorado
Check out Overland Expo About MOUNTAIN WEST — Overland Expo®

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello there,

View attachment 253750
1) Here is a picture of my rig.
2) Location: Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
3) Rig: 2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser
4) Overlanding Experience Background: I won't say I'm an experienced overlander, but I'm not a novice either. I have traveled all over Saudi Arabia and some Gulf countries in the last few years. Desert Exploration is my life and specialty. I love going where no one can go in the desert.
By the way, I speak Arabic as well as English. So Arab people, you can contact me in Arabic if you like.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
RESOURCE MAP
North America
App Tutorials
Local information for any of our regions can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey. I'm Trent. From Arkansas, US "The Natural State"! Im a US Army veteran and work for the city doing networking and communication for traffic systems. So going outdoors is big for me. Have had a few 4x4 rigs. Currently building an SF5 '01 Subaru Forrester for light to medium trails. Mostly building this rig as my "outdoors" rigs. (Carrying my kayaks, camping gear, climbing gear, etc). I have plans to build a 2nd gen Taco as a full-blown overland rig. I remember seeing OB when it was in its infancy. But finally decided to go for it. Getting my membership once I the subie is back together (trans and motor are torn to pieces)
Hey. I'm Trent. From Arkansas, US "The Natural State"! Im a US Army veteran and work for the city doing networking and communication for traffic systems. So going outdoors is big for me. Have had a few 4x4 rigs. Currently building an SF5 '01 Subaru Forrester for light to medium trails. Mostly building this rig as my "outdoors" rigs. (Carrying my kayaks, camping gear, climbing gear, etc). I have plans to build a 2nd gen Taco as a full-blown overland rig. I remember seeing OB when it was in its infancy. But finally decided to go for it. Getting my membership once I the subie is back together (trans and motor are torn to pieces)
Welcome To Overland Bound Trent
@BlueLineOverland is your our Local Expert in your area.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
RESOURCE MAP
App Tutorials
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey y'all, Paul from North Georgia here. I was really glad to find this group and I'm excited to get back out there. I recently made the move back to the truck world when I acquired a new 4Runner TRD Offroad. I originally purchased it to haul my fishing kayak since some of the spots I go to are off the beaten path as they say but I've found that I really enjoy the off roading aspect. I'm looking forward to meeting some new folks and actually using all the capabilities of this machine. I can already tell I'm heading down the rabbit hole lol
Welcome To Overland Bound Paul
@k9sar is the Local Expert in your area that can help you get started
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
RESOURCE MAP
App Tutorials
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone. Oliver from Virginia here. My rig is a 2021 Toyota Tacoma Off Road. It is my daily driver so I don't do too many of the really challenging trails but I'll do some that are not the easiest. When it comes to going off road "local" for me is up to about four hours one way to get to a trail head. I'm in the Richmond area so this includes some of West Virginia, Maryland and possibly into Pennsylvania. I'm still building out my kit to enjoy some overnight trips. Hopefully I can get the gear I need by early summer '23.

The only group I have gone off roading with so far has been with the monthly meet up for Rigs and Coffee meet up with Terra Overland in McGaheysville, VA (38.374729, -78.731915).
Welcome To Overland Bound Oliver
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
RESOURCE MAP
App Tutorials
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Greeting to all; I don’t know if I introduced myself or if went through or what, so I will do it again. I am Dan have 2021 gladiator eco diesel, 4:56 gears air lockers and 37s, roofnest RTT and ready to go. I drive my rig daily and trail ride every chance, rocks, whatever I can climb or go through I will try…lol
Welcome to Overland Bound Dan
RESOURCE MAP
App Tutorials
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Here is a Midwest expo in MO MOORE OVERLANDING AND OFF-ROAD EXPO // APRIL 21-22, 2023 // OZARK EMPIRE FAIRGROUNDS – SPRINGFIELD, MO

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello All Overlanders,

This is very exciting to be apart of such a great community, Thank You Michael(0000).

My first 4x4 (Overlanding) experience was with my dad as a kid and his 1976 Jeep CJ-5. Growing up, I never really did any overloading or 4x4'ing, just "camping".

My first 4x4 purchase was a 1992 Jeep YJ in 2009, and I still have it today.

In November of 2022, I purchased a 2014 JKU which is in the shop now getting new axles, lift kit, tires, and so on.

Can't wait to get out and start Overlanding and seeing the sights. Hopefully, I will see some of you out there.

1) My Rig:
View attachment 253361
2) Napa, CA
3) 2014 Jeep JK Unlimited Sport (but, upgraded to be better than a Rubicon) Named: TrlMixx
4) I'm between Novice and Experienced. I know some stuff, but need more experience (training) for sure.

Thank You

KRAMER
@trlmixx
Welcome to Overland Bound Kramer
A great local contact is @Speric who I think has already messaged you about the meet up he organizes.
RESOURCE MAP
U.S. West (HI CA NV)
App Tutorials
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello! I am an active duty Army recruiter based out of Indianapolis, Indiana. I have been all over the country and parts of the world. I love to overland, hike, & camp. I run a group here in Indy by the name of “Indy Overlanders.” Happy to be here!
RESOURCE MAP
App Tutorials
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Here is a Midwest expo in MO MOORE OVERLANDING AND OFF-ROAD EXPO // APRIL 21-22, 2023 // OZARK EMPIRE FAIRGROUNDS – SPRINGFIELD, MO

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello! My name is Cole, i have followed this community for a good while now and now finally becoming a member. I frequently go offroading/overlanding in my 1991 FJ80 “The Onion” and i am a professional mechanic specializing in wiring, older and obscure fuel injection, and fabrication. Thank you!
Welcome to Overland Bound Cole
Don't hesitate to contact the SoCal Local Expert @Narbob for help or information.
Some contacts for local information are @Barclay (LA) @FrankRoams (OC/SD) & www.Riggedfordirt.com @Dominic OB0158 (Inland Empire)
RESOURCE MAP
U.S. West (HI CA NV)
App Tutorials
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Super excited to be here! Retired Fire. I am slowly converting an ambulance into a camper. Goal is to just hit the roads and explore as much as possible and meet cool people along the way!
We see lots of converted ambulances on the trail. I have a different name for them but this is a family audience ;-)
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
RESOURCE MAP
App Tutorials
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi. I guess I'm supposed to post all this stuff here :)

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
View attachment 253094
2) Location (General area is fine)
Austin, TX area
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
2021 4Runner Venture
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)
Basically zero. I've done a lot of backroading and dirtroading, and a little bit of camping, but I've never really combined the two. And never solo, like I'm planning now.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region. There is a meet up in your area on the map.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Some Local Experts are; in Texas @roots66 & @Coreymol, and in the DFW area you can also contact @Prerunner1982
RESOURCE MAP
App Tutorials

ThorM465

Rank I

Contributor III

Madison, AL, USA
First Name
Cory
Last Name
Clark
FNG here from North Alabama. I found this forum while researching places to take my wife and kid overlanding in N AL, E TN, & N GA. I like the idea of being able to take my family camping away from the traditional campsites and all the people. To be able to pull my rig up to a little fishing hole and set up camp away from others would be heaven.

No experience overlanding yet, but I did grow up a farm kid doing more than my share of going off-road.

2015 F350 Fx4 6.7 Powerstroke
52EED103-73F8-455E-B48B-98E59D125B89.jpeg891830EB-D87A-4B0C-9298-379F786A0BC4.jpegCC3FA6E5-7D35-4E9F-A921-E0D07E5CB88C.jpegBB7CCB19-7E25-496F-B5AA-E74D23E8F916.jpeg40023EF8-F5ED-442D-9F58-0A1A82848D2D.jpeg

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

FNG here from North Alabama. I found this forum while researching places to take my wife and kid overlanding in N AL, E TN, & N GA. I like the idea of being able to take my family camping away from the traditional campsites and all the people. To be able to pull my rig up to a little fishing hole and set up camp away from others would be heaven.

No experience overlanding yet, but I did grow up a farm kid doing more than my share of going off-road.

View attachment 254559View attachment 254560View attachment 254562View attachment 254563View attachment 254564
Hallo Cory
Welcome to OBO
Greetings from Sweden
WBR
Bengt N

NotGumby

Local Expert Germany
Investor

Influencer II

Frankfurt, Germany
First Name
Rick
Last Name
Vinnie
Member #

Service Branch
Army Veteran 11B 54E

View attachment 254559View attachment 254560View attachment 254562View attachment 254563View attachment 254564
Welcome Cory!

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Off-Road Ranger III

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE

Hi Cory,

Welcome to Overland Bound!

Greetings from Europe,
Bjoern