Vance
Last Name
Ely
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRNX949 is my GMRS, haven't taken my test yet but working on the HAM
Service Branch
USAF BRAT
We just created an account so we wanted to say hello!

Background: We recently pulled off the road after 7 years. Alaska to Argentina from May 2015 to May 2019, US and Mexico until May 2022. While we are re-integrating back into work and a sticks and bricks, we will be using our weekends and vacations to explore. We have lived in Florida for the majority of our lives so we are moving to Eastern Tennessee this weekend. No matter where we have traveled, we always get pulled to the Appalachians. Our blog abruptly stopped after our first crossing into Chile but it's purpose was to assist others that were embarking on a similar journey. We have been panelists at Expo and are considering applying for Expo East since we will be very close but we also wanted to join here to make ourselves available for anyone who may want to talk to yet another Pan-Am veteran. We have a slight inkling for Africa but our funds need to be replenished first.

Rig: 2001 Ford 7.3 E350 with Ujoint Offroad 4x4 and Sportsmobile Penthouse top. We converted the van to a camper ourselves and were quite surprised it all held up extremely well. Our rig is in need of some TLC so we will also be spending our free time sorting out all of the issues that have cropped up over the years. At some point we will gut it and maybe build it out more suited for the US but as it is it functions fine, albeit our canvas is getting pretty ragged.
View attachment 232643

Other: We left social media in 2020 but we have missed being connected with the community. I (John) have always preferred forums so it's great to see that there is a rather large one focused around what has been one of the largest defining moments in our lives. One of the greatest take-aways from our years on the road is that the overlanding lifestyle is much more about people than places. We enjoy assisting others and are known amongst our road-friends as being the planners. We also field a lot of questions regarding budget so that is our pathetic claim to fame, as if there is any. We are not off-roaders but we do love harder to reach places, no cell service is better. Our van, fully loaded, is right at 9,500lbs but we plan to pull a bunch of gear out of it which should make her a bit happier.

Enough of that. We are normal people who had never traveled before setting off to drive Alaska to Argentina. One of our favorite things is to answer emails from those that have questions or who just need a bit of encouragement to back away from the ledge. We have mentors whom we leaned on and we are wanting to pay it forward. Hopefully we can contribute to this community while simultaneously gaining knowledge related to our future endeavors.

-JaM
WELCOME to Overland Bound!

strpr1oc

Rank II
Investor

Member I

Mission Viejo
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Durand
Member #

Hi Everyone.
I am new to the Overland Bound community. I am in Orange County,Ca. I have done a lot of day trips and I have a few weekend trips under my belt but have not been out on any major trips. Moab is on my wish list!
I have been building my rig into a very capable truck. I have a 2016 Tacoma Sport. I will be learning a lot from this community and look forward to being apart of the Overland Bound experience.

nnnnnnn.jpg

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Hi Everyone.
I am new to the Overland Bound community. I am in Orange County,Ca. I have done a lot of day trips and I have a few weekend trips under my belt but have not been out on any major trips. Moab is on my wish list!
I have been building my rig into a very capable truck. I have a 2016 Tacoma Sport. I will be learning a lot from this community and look forward to being apart of the Overland Bound experience.

View attachment 232653
Hallo Dave
Welcome to OBO
WBR
Bengt N
Sweden

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Background: We recently pulled off the road after 7 years. Alaska to Argentina from May 2015 to May 2019, US and Mexico until May 2022. While we are re-integrating back into work and a sticks and bricks, we will be using our weekends and vacations to explore. We have lived in Florida for the majority of our lives so we are moving to Eastern Tennessee this weekend. No matter where we have traveled, we always get pulled to the Appalachians. Our blog abruptly stopped after our first crossing into Chile but it's purpose was to assist others that were embarking on a similar journey. We have been panelists at Expo and are considering applying for Expo East since we will be very close but we also wanted to join here to make ourselves available for anyone who may want to talk to yet another Pan-Am veteran. We have a slight inkling for Africa but our funds need to be replenished first.

Rig: 2001 Ford 7.3 E350 with Ujoint Offroad 4x4 and Sportsmobile Penthouse top. We converted the van to a camper ourselves and were quite surprised it all held up extremely well. Our rig is in need of some TLC so we will also be spending our free time sorting out all of the issues that have cropped up over the years. At some point we will gut it and maybe build it out more suited for the US but as it is it functions fine, albeit our canvas is getting pretty ragged.
View attachment 232643

Other: We left social media in 2020 but we have missed being connected with the community. I (John) have always preferred forums so it's great to see that there is a rather large one focused around what has been one of the largest defining moments in our lives. One of the greatest take-aways from our years on the road is that the overlanding lifestyle is much more about people than places. We enjoy assisting others and are known amongst our road-friends as being the planners. We also field a lot of questions regarding budget so that is our pathetic claim to fame, as if there is any. We are not off-roaders but we do love harder to reach places, no cell service is better. Our van, fully loaded, is right at 9,500lbs but we plan to pull a bunch of gear out of it which should make her a bit happier.

Enough of that. We are normal people who had never traveled before setting off to drive Alaska to Argentina. One of our favorite things is to answer emails from those that have questions or who just need a bit of encouragement to back away from the ledge. We have mentors whom we leaned on and we are wanting to pay it forward. Hopefully we can contribute to this community while simultaneously gaining knowledge related to our future endeavors.

-JaM
Hallo John and Mandi
Welcome to OBO
WBR
Bengt N
Sweden

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hi, I'm new as well. We're living in the SF Bay Area and have a 2021 4Runner that we like taking on trips to deserts (DV, Utah) and mountains. Over the last 1.5 years we've slowly converted the 4Runner to a pretty convenient camping setup, and we'll be adding a bumper and winch soon. When we're not on the trail I love to do woodworking. We're not very experienced overlanders (a handful of short and longer solo trips), but we did tackle the Lippincott Pass in our stock 4Runner :blush: . Excited to get more involved in the community!

Gwen (& Esther)

View attachment 232619
View attachment 232620
Hello Gwen and Esther, welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hi Everyone.

View attachment 232653
Hello Dave, welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF

View attachment 232643

-JaM
Hello JaM, welcome to the OB family.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn

View attachment 232643

-JaM
Hello John & Mandi, welcome to Overland Bound.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hi Everyone.

View attachment 232653
Hello Dave, welcome to Overland Bound.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi Everyone.

View attachment 232653
Welcome to Overland Bound
Nice rig!
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information.
Some contacts for local information is @FrankRoams (OC/SD) & www.Riggedfordirt.com
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Overland Bound One App Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check out Overland Expo About WEST — Overland Expo®
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Reactions: Shahn

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

View attachment 232643

-JaM
Welcome To Overland Bound John and Mandi
That was some great interaction with Eric from @Hourless Life on his thread.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members. @Hank Outdoors is a great resource in TN.
RESOURCE MAP
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Check out the four Overland Expo events https://www.OverlandExpo.com
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Hourless Life

Rank VI
Investor

Explorer I

Fulltime Travelers
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Highland
Member #

Love this you guys. Welcome to Overland Bound and thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and experiences on our thread about our drive around the world. It is great to have folks like you on the platform and I hope many folks here take the time to get to know you.

~ Eric

View attachment 232643

-JaM

Hourless Life

Rank VI
Investor

Explorer I

Fulltime Travelers
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Highland
Member #

Love this you guys. Welcome to Overland Bound and thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and experiences on our thread about our drive around the world. It is great to have folks like you on the platform and I hope many folks here take the time to get to know you.

~ Eric

View attachment 232643

-JaM

World Traveler III

Nokomis, FL, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Fazio
Welcome To Overland Bound John and Mandi
That was some great interaction with Eric from @Hourless Life on his thread.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members. @Hank Outdoors is a great resource in TN.
RESOURCE MAP
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Check out the four Overland Expo events https://www.OverlandExpo.com
Thanks Kent!
Once we’re settled in TN we will definitely be looking into the meetups and gatherings. There are a lot of Pan-Am veterans in the area…it might be becoming the southeast’s overland retirement home.

Reactions: Shahn and Kent R

H!VLTG

Rank II

Member I

Gaston County, North Carolina, United States
First Name
Jordan
Last Name
Shrum
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
Greetings from The Queen City (Charlotte) North Carolina!

I am originally from the Bay Area of CA and moved out East over the past 8 years. Lived in KY, East TN, and now in NC. I do miss CA and plan on doing adventures and head back out west to explore.

I have been wanting a Jeep Wrangler Rubicon for ever and finally I jumped on a JLUR 4XE! One month owner of it so far and I have code named it H!VLTG.

I am a novice to over landing and getting started and expanding my knowledge here.

Planning a trip for a short 2 day trip with my son for Father’s Day weekend.

Attachments

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549

View attachment 232643

-JaM
Greetings John and Mandi, welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hi Everyone.

View attachment 232653
Greetings Dave, welcome to Overland Bound!

Reactions: Kent R

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Greetings from The Queen City (Charlotte) North Carolina!

I am originally from the Bay Area of CA and moved out East over the past 8 years. Lived in KY, East TN, and now in NC. I do miss CA and plan on doing adventures and head back out west to explore.

I have been wanting a Jeep Wrangler Rubicon for ever and finally I jumped on a JLUR 4XE! One month owner of it so far and I have code named it H!VLTG.

I am a novice to over landing and getting started and expanding my knowledge here.

Planning a trip for a short 2 day trip with my son for Father’s Day weekend.
Greetings Jordan, welcome to Overland Bound!

Reactions: Kent R and H!VLTG

Joe Badlans

Rank I

Contributor III

California, USA
First Name
Jose
Last Name
Alba
Hello everyone

I'm new to overlanding/off-roading activities but not to the outdoor. I love fishing, hiking and camping. Recently purchase a Bronco Sport Badlands and started make some modification so I can enjoy some overlanding.
I joined the forum to get some inside on the community and the dos and don'ts. Looking forward to interact with some of you and maybe in the near future share trip. Thank you