Muscatine, Iowa, United States
First Name
Dallas
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KF0ISW
Hi guys, I'm in Western NC. We specify the western part because it is the part with mountains and is much different than the rest of the state in many ways. If you have heard of Asheville, NC, or the Smokey Mountain National Park, you get the idea. I have a 1st Gen Tacoma 4x4 with a high-top camper cover and usually do multi-day to a week or so trips. Between here, SC, GA and TN, we have access to many National Forests, so that's my thing. Trout fishing or just riding. Retired and free and living life to the fullest. The Georgia Traverse is a great place to spend a week or so and not too far from here.
Welcome to the group Phil.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hey everyone!

I've been a long time lurker but finally jumped in to drink the Kool-aide! I've had a couple rigs before this one, but this one is probably going to be my favorite due to it's capabilities out of the box and also being the one of the first to outfit it the way I'm planning to. Currently first in line for a new design to the market roof rack to support my CVT Shasta tent, and newly purchased OVS 270 awning (which I purchased months ago based on the feedback I read here), in addition to all of my other gear that is not so vehicle specific. I should have my roof rack by next week, so as soon as I get a couple free hours to mount it along with the tent and awning I will share some more pictures. I also look forward to the feedback from all the great experience here, and most importantly joining some of you on some trips soon!

I included a picture of my Bronco below, but also a few of what my day job looks like and my background in overlanding.

2) Metro Detroit
3) 2021 Ford Bronco 4DR First Edition
4)4 years in a passenger vehicle, 6+ in a RV since i'm in the industry

-Matt

View attachment 229351
View attachment 229341View attachment 229342View attachment 229343View attachment 229346View attachment 229347View attachment 229348View attachment 229350
Hello Matt, welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Greetings from Lansing, Michigan
My name is Josh Heusinkveld, nickname Redbeard or Sasquatch, and OB #31607
I looking forward to learning a lot of new stuff to understanding more about overlanding along with many other things to learn here and on the app well.
I drive a 2008 Jeep Wrangler Sahara name Sasquatch with over 185k miles for the past two years and just stock at moment. I will have some modifications down the road to lift the suspension with 35" tires, and the list is too long to type here.

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuzF7PxI7VGSXWXQXn5jOVA
Instagram: Redbeard_Jeep_Dog

Cheers,
Josh
Hello Josh, welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Dale here
Rig: 06 Chevy Trailblazer or an 05 Jeep Liberty
Experience: I would not say I’m a novice but I’m not an expert either somewhere in the middle
Hello Dale, welcome to the OB family and thank you for your service.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hi guys, I'm in Western NC. We specify the western part because it is the part with mountains and is much different than the rest of the state in many ways. If you have heard of Asheville, NC, or the Smokey Mountain National Park, you get the idea. I have a 1st Gen Tacoma 4x4 with a high-top camper cover and usually do multi-day to a week or so trips. Between here, SC, GA and TN, we have access to many National Forests, so that's my thing. Trout fishing or just riding. Retired and free and living life to the fullest. The Georgia Traverse is a great place to spend a week or so and not too far from here.
Hello Phil, welcome to the OB family.

Fireskyte

Rank V

Advocate II

San Leandro, CA, USA
First Name
Rochelle
Last Name
Czajka
Member #

Hello everyone!
Just joined up and glad to be here! Mostly drive off road to get to trout streams but am looking forward to doing some more extensive travel especially in the US Southwest as my folks live in Santa Fe NM.
1. 2020 LR Defender 110 with a couple small mods. Looking to do more.
2. Live in Minneapolis MN
3. Always looking to wet a fly line
Welcome, I’m approaching my 1 year anniversary and love the group.

Fireskyte

Rank V

Advocate II

San Leandro, CA, USA
First Name
Rochelle
Last Name
Czajka
Member #

Hello everyone my name is Charles.

Located in south west Ohio
Currently a 2016 Mazda CX-5 though looking to upgrade this year to something more rugged and tow capable.
I have little to no overland experience though I have a ton of camping experience. All tent camping though I recently picked up a pop-up trailer.
Welcome! I am approaching 1 year in a few days. I have made so many friends and been on multiple trips. Here is an entire community to help you “get mobile”. Find your local group and hit a meet up.

Fireskyte

Rank V

Advocate II

San Leandro, CA, USA
First Name
Rochelle
Last Name
Czajka
Member #

I’m brand new to it all!!! Went looking for a used car to drive back and forth to work, and ended up with the beginnings of a touring rig. Oops.

I have an in progress 1997 Toyota landcruiser. Which diy videos sent me here.

I’ve got way more parts ordered than I would care to tell my wife, lift, wheels, tires, bumpers, roof rack, and I’m excited to share progress!
Welcome to the group, hook up with your local meetup and meet some really great people. Be warned tho, you will see some amazing rigs so get your excel spread sheet ready for the list of mods you want and need.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello
How’s it goin y’all!

1. Central Texas, moving to Ft. Carson in about a year!
2. 2003 4Runner Sport, 4x4 V8
3. Novice Overlander. I’ve gone on one trip with my buddies relatively close to home, and one with the wife a bit further away. Nothing too crazy or steep, yet. I’ve got some parts back in the states to throw on the rig once I get home, and am shopping around for some recovery gear for both TX and CO. I’m open to any and all advice!
David, welcome to Overland Bound. Thank you for your service.

Soarer_Dave

Rank I

Contributor III

Colorado Springs, El Paso County, Colorado, United States
First Name
David
Last Name
Lewis
Service Branch
Army
Howdy ‘All,…

I currently reside in the state of New Hampshire…
I drive a 1995 Mitsubishi Delica L400 Space Gear, 2.8 Turbo Intercooled Diesel & LoVe’N every minute of it!
Welcome to Overland Bound, i’m new here myself haha. That’s a sweet rig!!

Fireskyte

Rank V

Advocate II

San Leandro, CA, USA
First Name
Rochelle
Last Name
Czajka
Member #

Hello, all!

I'm Lee.

1. Nashville, Tennessee
2. 2022 4Runner TRD ORP, no major (expensive) upgrades yet
3. New to overlanding (just gone some places I shouldn't have with Civic/Accord--and got away with it)
Welcome into the group, check out rally points near you and meet up with some folks. I’m just shy of being a 1 year member and have been on 6 trips with my local group.

Rav4_Overland

Rank VIII

Steward I

Kyle, Texas, United States
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Lindquist
Member #

Greetings from Lansing, Michigan
My name is Josh Heusinkveld, nickname Redbeard or Sasquatch, and OB #31607
I looking forward to learning a lot of new stuff to understanding more about overlanding along with many other things to learn here and on the app well.
I drive a 2008 Jeep Wrangler Sahara name Sasquatch with over 185k miles for the past two years and just stock at moment. I will have some modifications down the road to lift the suspension with 35" tires, and the list is too long to type here.

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuzF7PxI7VGSXWXQXn5jOVA
Instagram: Redbeard_Jeep_Dog

Cheers,
Josh
Welcome to the OB family!

Rav4_Overland

Rank VIII

Steward I

First Name
Scott
Last Name
Lindquist
Member #

Howdy!

I'm Ben, from West Texas/Southern NM. My main rig for now is a 1987 Jeep Comanche with a 2.5, 2.5" of lift, and 31's. I'll post pics as soon as I can. As far as experience, I'd say I'm moderately experienced, as I've done a fair bit of overlanding for work as an archaeologist. Thanks for letting me join!

Rav4_Overland

Rank VIII

Steward I

First Name
Scott
Last Name
Lindquist
Member #

How’s it goin y’all!

1. Central Texas, moving to Ft. Carson in about a year!
2. 2003 4Runner Sport, 4x4 V8
3. Novice Overlander. I’ve gone on one trip with my buddies relatively close to home, and one with the wife a bit further away. Nothing too crazy or steep, yet. I’ve got some parts back in the states to throw on the rig once I get home, and am shopping around for some recovery gear for both TX and CO. I’m open to any and all advice!

Rav4_Overland

Rank VIII

Steward I

First Name
Scott
Last Name
Lindquist
Member #

Hello Everyone! I am finally in a position to start my 2008 FJ cruiser Overland build! I've owned her since she had only 6 miles, and now at 130k its time for some upgrades! Im doing a 3 1/2 in. lift, front and rear bumpers, skid plates and rock rails, warn 10k winch, 34" tires, roof rack, rooftop tent, 270 awning. I already have a Dometic CFX75 DZ that i want to incorporate along with a Bluetti ac200p power station and 350 watt folding solar panel. I dont want to build a battery system just yet and want to keep it mobile for now.

I am currently fixing any rust and giving her a raptor coat paint job for some durability, looking to have it done for a trip to Colorado June 1st. If anyone has suggestions about setting up the cargo area in an FJ im all ears! Also want to add some smaller lights around.

Look forward to meeting everyone ! Happy Trails!
Welcome to the OB family! cant wait to see some pictures.

Rav4_Overland

Rank VIII

Steward I

First Name
Scott
Last Name
Lindquist
Member #

Hello, I’m new here and I wanted to introduce myself, My Name is Daniel and I drive a 2022 Ram 2500 Power Wagon and I’m looking to do some Overlanding in it and use it for what it was built for. I Live in Chino Hills, CA. Thank You and I look forward to meeting or at least talking to all of You..
Welcome to OB!

Salt

Rank V

Advocate III

Phoenix, AZ, USA
First Name
Brad
Last Name
Flecke
Member #

Hello from the desert of southern Arizona (I'm the one on the right with the hat)!
My rig is a 2013 Nissan Xterra PRO-4X. Got it a month ago. Just getting started with modifications.
I'm an overlanding noob, but I have some knowledge and experience related to camping and ultralight backpacking. We'll see how much of that is translatable.
Looking forward to contributing to the group!

Attachments