Rank I

Contributor I

Tryon, NC, USA
First Name
Phil
Last Name
Griswold
Member #

Hi guys, I'm in Western NC. We specify the western part because it is the part with mountains and is much different than the rest of the state in many ways. If you have heard of Asheville, NC, or the Smokey Mountain National Park, you get the idea. I have a 1st Gen Tacoma 4x4 with a high-top camper cover and usually do multi-day to a week or so trips. Between here, SC, GA and TN, we have access to many National Forests, so that's my thing. Trout fishing or just riding. Retired and free and living life to the fullest. The Georgia Traverse is a great place to spend a week or so and not too far from here.

Lone Wolf 1965

Rank V

Traveler III

Casper, Natrona County, Wyoming, United States
First Name
Dale
Last Name
Gregory
Member #

Service Branch
U.S. Navy
Hi guys, I'm in Western NC. We specify the western part because it is the part with mountains and is much different than the rest of the state in many ways. If you have heard of Asheville, NC, or the Smokey Mountain National Park, you get the idea. I have a 1st Gen Tacoma 4x4 with a high-top camper cover and usually do multi-day to a week or so trips. Between here, SC, GA and TN, we have access to many National Forests, so that's my thing. Trout fishing or just riding. Retired and free and living life to the fullest. The Georgia Traverse is a great place to spend a week or so and not too far from here.
I used to live in Greenville NC. Loved the area and visited SMNP as often as I could

Reactions: Shahn and Kent R

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Hallo Phil
Welcome to OBO
WBR
Bengt N
Sweden

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Greetings from Lansing, Michigan
My name is Josh Heusinkveld, nickname Redbeard or Sasquatch, and OB #31607
I looking forward to learning a lot of new stuff to understanding more about overlanding along with many other things to learn here and on the app well.
I drive a 2008 Jeep Wrangler Sahara name Sasquatch with over 185k miles for the past two years and just stock at moment. I will have some modifications down the road to lift the suspension with 35" tires, and the list is too long to type here.

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuzF7PxI7VGSXWXQXn5jOVA
Instagram: Redbeard_Jeep_Dog

Cheers,
Josh
Hi Redbeard,

Welcome to Overland Bound!

Greetings from across the pond
Bjoern

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Dale here
Rig: 06 Chevy Trailblazer or an 05 Jeep Liberty
Experience: I would not say I’m a novice but I’m not an expert either somewhere in the middle
Hi Dale,

Greetings from Europe
Bjoern

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Howdy ‘All,…

I currently reside in the state of New Hampshire…
I drive a 1995 Mitsubishi Delica L400 Space Gear, 2.8 Turbo Intercooled Diesel & LoVe’N every minute of it!
Hi Jim,

I like those Delicas L400. That is a really great base for an overlanding rig I think. Decent space inside, good offroad capabilities and still a reasonable size for traveling. Unfortunately, the L400 4x4 was never sold in Europe, but we have still some of the previous L300 4x4 on the roads here which are also awesome. Enjoy.

Cheers,
Bjoern

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hi Phil,

Greetings from Europe
Bjoern

AirbossWiley

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger III

Holly, MI, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Wiley
Member #

I looking forward to learning a lot of new stuff to understanding more about overlanding along with many other things to learn here and on the app well.
I drive a 2008 Jeep Wrangler Sahara name Sasquatch with over 185k miles for the past two years and just stock at moment. I will have some modifications down the road to lift the suspension with 35" tires, and the list is too long to type here.

Cheers,
Josh
From A Fellow Redbearded Michigander.....Welcome

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Welcome To Overland Bound
@NC-Trooper is a great resource in your area.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Overland Bound One App Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Check out Overland Expo About EAST — Overland Expo®
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Reactions: El-Dracho and Shahn

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Howdy ‘All,…

I currently reside in the state of New Hampshire…
I drive a 1995 Mitsubishi Delica L400 Space Gear, 2.8 Turbo Intercooled Diesel & LoVe’N every minute of it!
Welcome To Overland Bound
Good looking rig!
You are in the East Region, local information can be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
Quick adult & youth Tread Lightly online awareness course.
Check out Overland Expo About EAST — Overland Expo®
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Reactions: El-Dracho and Shahn

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Dale here
Rig: 06 Chevy Trailblazer or an 05 Jeep Liberty
Experience: I would not say I’m a novice but I’m not an expert either somewhere in the middle
Welcome to Overland Bound
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in our Rocky Mountain Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Rocky Mountain Regional Director is @Neal A. Tew
RESOURCE MAP
Overland Expo; About MOUNTAIN WEST — Overland Expo®

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Cheers,
Josh
Welcome to Overland Bound Josh
RESOURCE MAP
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Check out Overland Expo https://www.OverlandExpo.com
Here is a Midwest expo in MO MOORE EXPO April 8-10, 2022

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everyone!

I've been a long time lurker but finally jumped in to drink the Kool-aide! I've had a couple rigs before this one, but this one is probably going to be my favorite due to it's capabilities out of the box and also being the one of the first to outfit it the way I'm planning to. Currently first in line for a new design to the market roof rack to support my CVT Shasta tent, and newly purchased OVS 270 awning (which I purchased months ago based on the feedback I read here), in addition to all of my other gear that is not so vehicle specific. I should have my roof rack by next week, so as soon as I get a couple free hours to mount it along with the tent and awning I will share some more pictures. I also look forward to the feedback from all the great experience here, and most importantly joining some of you on some trips soon!

I included a picture of my Bronco below, but also a few of what my day job looks like and my background in overlanding.

2) Metro Detroit
3) 2021 Ford Bronco 4DR First Edition
4)4 years in a passenger vehicle, 6+ in a RV since i'm in the industry

-Matt

View attachment 229351
View attachment 229341View attachment 229342View attachment 229343View attachment 229346View attachment 229347View attachment 229348View attachment 229350
Welcome to Overland Bound Matt
Good looking rigs!
RESOURCE MAP
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Check out Overland Expo https://www.OverlandExpo.com
Here is a Midwest expo in MO MOORE EXPO April 8-10, 2022

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hey everyone!

I've been a long time lurker but finally jumped in to drink the Kool-aide! I've had a couple rigs before this one, but this one is probably going to be my favorite due to it's capabilities out of the box and also being the one of the first to outfit it the way I'm planning to. Currently first in line for a new design to the market roof rack to support my CVT Shasta tent, and newly purchased OVS 270 awning (which I purchased months ago based on the feedback I read here), in addition to all of my other gear that is not so vehicle specific. I should have my roof rack by next week, so as soon as I get a couple free hours to mount it along with the tent and awning I will share some more pictures. I also look forward to the feedback from all the great experience here, and most importantly joining some of you on some trips soon!

I included a picture of my Bronco below, but also a few of what my day job looks like and my background in overlanding.

2) Metro Detroit
3) 2021 Ford Bronco 4DR First Edition
4)4 years in a passenger vehicle, 6+ in a RV since i'm in the industry

-Matt
Hello Matt, welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549

Cheers,
Josh
Hello Josh, welcome to Overland Bound!