Rank VI

Advocate III

Wyoming, USA
First Name
Austin
Last Name
Dulaney
Member #

Everyone, I look forwarding to gaining insight and knowledge from the group. My son and I have been camping for about a year. We are currently in Texas and have only camped in the state. Love what we've done so far but looking to branch out and cross state lines. We currently have a Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro with an RTT. I take delivery of a Schutt XV2 in May to help up our game. Storage has been my primary issue and this should help. Very novice. Lots of questions. Thanks for having me!!!
View attachment 228608
Welcome! That’s a sweet looking setup! Good job getting out there with your son. It makes such an impact and life long memories!

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Mike, I'm in Prosper, TX. Just North of Dallas. Thank you for all the amazing links. I'll be in touch. Let me look through these. I know I can use some direction and would certainly like to connect with people. Greatly appreciated!!!
Great. Lots of good folks up your way. You should have no problem getting all the direction you need.

Coreymol

Local Expert, Texas USA

Guardian I

Boerne, Texas, United States
First Name
Corey
Last Name
Molinelli
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WREM781 on GMRS
Service Branch
Army
Everyone, I look forwarding to gaining insight and knowledge from the group. My son and I have been camping for about a year. We are currently in Texas and have only camped in the state. Love what we've done so far but looking to branch out and cross state lines. We currently have a Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro with an RTT. I take delivery of a Schutt XV2 in May to help up our game. Storage has been my primary issue and this should help. Very novice. Lots of questions. Thanks for having me!!!
View attachment 228608
Welcome

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
I’m brand new to it all!!! Went looking for a used car to drive back and forth to work, and ended up with the beginnings of a touring rig. Oops.

I have an in progress 1997 Toyota landcruiser. Which diy videos sent me here.

I’ve got way more parts ordered than I would care to tell my wife, lift, wheels, tires, bumpers, roof rack, and I’m excited to share progress!
Hello Jonathan, welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hello everyone. I’m still relatively new to this. I built a camper a couple of years back and have taken it on a couple big adventures with many more to come. I look forward to meeting new people, sharing my knowledge and experiences, and learning from everyone else’s experiences.
Hello Dallas, welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hello everyone. I am finally getting into the overlanding lifestyle with a 2022 Gladiator JTR. I am sourcing a slew of add ons, camp components, and miscellaneous A/V gear to prepare for four-season exploration of the the Western USA and beyond. I had plans to get into this back in 2008 when we first purchased a Liberty, but life got in the way of those plans. Now that I work from home as an artist it affords me the ability to get out into the world and explore.

Here’s the new base for my build: Domina Fati.
Hello Matthew, welcome to Overland Bound!

Bruizer

Rank II

Member I

First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Noyes
Member #

Hello, I’m new here and I wanted to introduce myself, My Name is Daniel and I drive a 2022 Ram 2500 Power Wagon and I’m looking to do some Overlanding in it and use it for what it was built for. I Live in Chino Hills, CA. Thank You and I look forward to meeting or at least talking to all of You..
Welcome! I have a 2022 PW and love it. Many mods to come! I’m in Sacramento so maybe we could coordinate a PW meet up sometime.
Definitely!!! I think I’ll be heading up North towards Big Sur in Late May Early June..

jad3116

Rank VI

Builder II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
DeLeon
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6MGC
Vehicle:1982 Jeep CJ7
Overland Experience: Novice (As a civilian at least. I drove and lived out of Jeeps and Humvees in all sorts of interesting environments during my time in the Army)
Why Overlanding?: I want to get out on the trails and put my Jeep to use the way that it was intended. I'm just starting to build it out and to start exploring.
Welcome!

jad3116

Rank VI

Builder II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
DeLeon
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6MGC
Hello, I’m new here and I wanted to introduce myself, My Name is Daniel and I drive a 2022 Ram 2500 Power Wagon and I’m looking to do some Overlanding in it and use it for what it was built for. I Live in Chino Hills, CA. Thank You and I look forward to meeting or at least talking to all of You..
Welcome!

jad3116

Rank VI

Builder II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
DeLeon
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6MGC
View attachment 228423
1) Picture of the truck as it sits waiting for larger tires.
2) Whittier, CA
3) 2019 F150 FX4. RRO Sliders, Full CBI Skid Plates, Coilover front suspension
4) I did a lot of off-roading, camping and backpacking as a teenager and through my twenties. Looking forward to getting back into it with my wife and children.
Welcome!

jad3116

Rank VI

Builder II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
DeLeon
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6MGC
Hey Everyone, I'm Nate. I have a '19 Ford Ranger FX4 I'm making into my overlanding rig, who my 5 year old daughter has aptly named "Lyla", and is relentless about it.
I'm based out of Sacramento CA but originally from Calaveras County here in CA. I'm entirely new to the overlanding world, but excited to start exploring! Hopefully I can meet some awesome people here to learn from.
Welcome Nate!

jad3116

Rank VI

Builder II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
DeLeon
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6MGC
Hello everyone. I am finally getting into the overlanding lifestyle with a 2022 Gladiator JTR. I am sourcing a slew of add ons, camp components, and miscellaneous A/V gear to prepare for four-season exploration of the the Western USA and beyond. I had plans to get into this back in 2008 when we first purchased a Liberty, but life got in the way of those plans. Now that I work from home as an artist it affords me the ability to get out into the world and explore.

Here’s the new base for my build: Domina Fati.
Welcome!

jad3116

Rank VI

Builder II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
DeLeon
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6MGC
I’m brand new to it all!!! Went looking for a used car to drive back and forth to work, and ended up with the beginnings of a touring rig. Oops.

I have an in progress 1997 Toyota landcruiser. Which diy videos sent me here.

I’ve got way more parts ordered than I would care to tell my wife, lift, wheels, tires, bumpers, roof rack, and I’m excited to share progress!
Welcome!

jad3116

Rank VI

Builder II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
DeLeon
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6MGC
Hi all!

My name's David. I’m a San Francisco based woodworker who gets outside as much as work and family will allow. I grew up in the north bay and, thanks to my dad, got to explore some roads now long-closed to the public. I wish I could remember more of them!

My husband and I get out about once a month for a three or four day weekend. After retirement in a few years, we hope to spend three months a year exploring our amazing continent, a few miles at a time!

I daily drove my family's '71 Bronco for 35 years or so (when it was running). Did a big restomod on it a few years ago and discovered that, surprise, even with all that work it still drove like an accident aggressively trying to happen at any speed above 50. So we moved on (after a few tears) to the 2017 WK2 in my profile pic. I've installed a winch, some underbody protection and 70 series KO2's, but am trying to do more adventuring than wrenching with her. My current project is a kitchen drawer/sleeping platform that will hopefully make setting up and breaking camp a less-than an hour event.

I'm really looking forward to connecting with other members and getting out on roads less traveled.
Welcome!

jad3116

Rank VI

Builder II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
DeLeon
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6MGC
Morning y'all!! New to the forum and overlanding (only been once with a rental).
Vehicle: 2014 1500 Ram Ecodiesel (not currently setup for overlanding, working on that part as we speak....)
Location: Currently stationed on Oahu - moving to Clearwater FL this summer.

I'm using my summer move to overland across the country with my 8 year old daughter, stopping at multiple places along the way during our 2-3 week trip.

I have seen Michael's youtube channel (as well as a few others) and been researching the best gear for my travels and budget.

Current wants (by order of need/want): Rack, Tent, Awning, Bed drawers (thinking about building this one), Electrical setup, Fridge... can't think of much more right now. Thanks for letting me join on this adventure with everyone!
Welcome!

jad3116

Rank VI

Builder II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
DeLeon
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6MGC
Hello! Prior rock crawler here. Wife and I now looking to overland, hike, camp and whatever else outdoors. Recently purchased ‘21 Unlimited Rubicon XR as our rig. Based out of Houston, TX area.

Thought we wanted to overland and after recent trip to Big Bend NP we agreed we were right. Can’t wait to learn and hear others adventures.
Nice, Welcome!

Folklore

Rank II

Contributor III

Wisconsin, USA
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Bauer
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N9BWA
Service Branch
Merchant Marines
Hi Everybody!

New guy here but also not. Used to be a member a few years ago but for the life I me can't remember my login!

Not new to the great outdoors. Bushcraft, overlanding, solo canoe tripping, minimalist remote comping, hiking, and bacon. Lots of bacon. And coffee.

In Northwest Wisconsin.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hi Everybody!

New guy here but also not. Used to be a member a few years ago but for the life I me can't remember my login!

Not new to the great outdoors. Bushcraft, overlanding, solo canoe tripping, minimalist remote comping, hiking, and bacon. Lots of bacon. And coffee.

In Northwest Wisconsin.
Hello Tim, welcome to the OB family and thank you for your service.

jad3116

Rank VI

Builder II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
DeLeon
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6MGC
Hi Everybody!

In Northwest Wisconsin.
Welcome back!