Rank II

Contributor III

Durango, CO, USA
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
HansonWeller
Member #

Hello everyone. I am finally getting into the overlanding lifestyle with a 2022 Gladiator JTR. I am sourcing a slew of add ons, camp components, and miscellaneous A/V gear to prepare for four-season exploration of the the Western USA and beyond. I had plans to get into this back in 2008 when we first purchased a Liberty, but life got in the way of those plans. Now that I work from home as an artist it affords me the ability to get out into the world and explore.

Here’s the new base for my build: Domina Fati.

Attachments

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Wow, so many new members again. That's really great! It's not easy to get everything here when you're on the road and you therefore do not look in here every day.

I am just back from a fantastic 2 week trip around the English Channel. So: a warm welcome to all new OB members here!!!

Greetings from Europe
Bjoern

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Everyone, I look forwarding to gaining insight and knowledge from the group. My son and I have been camping for about a year. We are currently in Texas and have only camped in the state. Love what we've done so far but looking to branch out and cross state lines. We currently have a Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro with an RTT. I take delivery of a Schutt XV2 in May to help up our game. Storage has been my primary issue and this should help. Very novice. Lots of questions. Thanks for having me!!!
View attachment 228608
Hello Christopher (@cstoon ), welcome to Overland Bound. I am one of your Southwest Region Member Rep for Texas. The other is Corey (@Coreymol). What part of Texas are you from? I know it's a small state, but..... :tearsofjoy:
Depending on your location, there are a few DFW area meetups you can check out here: DFW OB meet and greet & DFW - Meet & Greet & Ft Worth West Meetup

There is a San Antonio meetup here: San Antonio Monthly Meetup - Eisenhauer Park

The Houston area has this meetup here: Recurring Bryan College Station Meet-up

The one we attend is in Round Rock: Recurring - North Central Texas Meet & Greet

Local information and involvement opportunities can be found here: Southwest Region (AZ/NM/TX/OK)

Looking to meet fellow members? Check out the Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups

Events in the SW region can be found here: Overland Bound Events SW Region

Want to know what members are planning? You can find out here: Overland Trip Planning

If you have any questions, please just let me know.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello everyone. I am finally getting into the overlanding lifestyle with a 2022 Gladiator JTR. I am sourcing a slew of add ons, camp components, and miscellaneous A/V gear to prepare for four-season exploration of the the Western USA and beyond. I had plans to get into this back in 2008 when we first purchased a Liberty, but life got in the way of those plans. Now that I work from home as an artist it affords me the ability to get out into the world and explore.

Hello Matthew, welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
I’m brand new to it all!!! Went looking for a used car to drive back and forth to work, and ended up with the beginnings of a touring rig. Oops.

I have an in progress 1997 Toyota landcruiser. Which diy videos sent me here.

I’ve got way more parts ordered than I would care to tell my wife, lift, wheels, tires, bumpers, roof rack, and I’m excited to share progress!
Hello Jonathan, welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello everyone. I’m still relatively new to this. I built a camper a couple of years back and have taken it on a couple big adventures with many more to come. I look forward to meeting new people, sharing my knowledge and experiences, and learning from everyone else’s experiences.
Hello Dallas, welcome to the OB family.

loper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Creator III

Nampa, Idaho
First Name
Carl
Last Name
Hendricks
Member #

Everyone, I look forwarding to gaining insight and knowledge from the group. My son and I have been camping for about a year. We are currently in Texas and have only camped in the state. Love what we've done so far but looking to branch out and cross state lines. We currently have a Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro with an RTT. I take delivery of a Schutt XV2 in May to help up our game. Storage has been my primary issue and this should help. Very novice. Lots of questions. Thanks for having me!!!
View attachment 228608
Welcome! Looks like you have a lot of covered space with that tent setup!

loper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Creator III

Nampa, Idaho
First Name
Carl
Last Name
Hendricks
Member #

I’m brand new to it all!!! Went looking for a used car to drive back and forth to work, and ended up with the beginnings of a touring rig. Oops.

I’ve got way more parts ordered than I would care to tell my wife, lift, wheels, tires, bumpers, roof rack, and I’m excited to share progress!
Welcome. Nice ride!

loper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Creator III

Nampa, Idaho
First Name
Carl
Last Name
Hendricks
Member #

Welcome!

cstoon

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Texas, USA
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Sdun
Member #

Hello Christopher (@cstoon ), welcome to Overland Bound. I am one of your Southwest Region Member Rep for Texas. The other is Corey (@Coreymol). What part of Texas are you from? I know it's a small state, but..... :tearsofjoy:
Depending on your location, there are a few DFW area meetups you can check out here: DFW OB meet and greet & DFW - Meet & Greet & Ft Worth West Meetup

There is a San Antonio meetup here: San Antonio Monthly Meetup - Eisenhauer Park

The Houston area has this meetup here: Recurring Bryan College Station Meet-up

The one we attend is in Round Rock: Recurring - North Central Texas Meet & Greet

Local information and involvement opportunities can be found here: Southwest Region (AZ/NM/TX/OK)

Looking to meet fellow members? Check out the Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups

Events in the SW region can be found here: Overland Bound Events SW Region

Want to know what members are planning? You can find out here: Overland Trip Planning

If you have any questions, please just let me know.
Mike, I'm in Prosper, TX. Just North of Dallas. Thank you for all the amazing links. I'll be in touch. Let me look through these. I know I can use some direction and would certainly like to connect with people. Greatly appreciated!!!

ObiShawnKenobi

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Collinsville, IL, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Moore
Member #

Welcome!

ObiShawnKenobi

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Collinsville, IL, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Moore
Member #

Hello everyone. I’m still relatively new to this. I built a camper a couple of years back and have taken it on a couple big adventures with many more to come. I look forward to meeting new people, sharing my knowledge and experiences, and learning from everyone else’s experiences.
Welcome!

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn

Hello Jonathan, welcome to Overland Bound.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn

Hello Matthew, welcome to Overland Bound.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
View attachment 228608
Hello Christopher, welcome to Overland Bound.

SixOverland

Rank VI
Investor

Steward I

Riverside, California, United States
First Name
Grant
Last Name
Peters
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WD6IQX
Service Branch
Army [ABN] 01-05
View attachment 228608
Welcome! Lots of experience in this group. You’ve come to the right place!

Six Overland

SixOverland

Rank VI
Investor

Steward I

First Name
Grant
Last Name
Peters
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WD6IQX
Service Branch
Army [ABN] 01-05
View attachment 228423
1) Picture of the truck as it sits waiting for larger tires.
2) Whittier, CA
3) 2019 F150 FX4. RRO Sliders, Full CBI Skid Plates, Coilover front suspension
4) I did a lot of off-roading, camping and backpacking as a teenager and through my twenties. Looking forward to getting back into it with my wife and children.
That truck’ll do it! Welcome from Riverside!

Six Overland

SixOverland

Rank VI
Investor

Steward I

First Name
Grant
Last Name
Peters
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WD6IQX
Service Branch
Army [ABN] 01-05
Hello! My name is John. I just recently moved to Coeur D Alene, ID. Originally from Santa Barbara, Ca.

I drive a 2021 Toyota Tacoma Off-road.

I'm a beginner to off-roading, but not to the outdoor life. I'm an avid backpacker and hiker. I've been on several trips so far, with the most recent being in Sept. 2021 with a trip to the Overland Expo in Arizona. What a blast! Got to meet the people that got me started on this adventure (Lifestyle Overland, Expedition Overland, etc). The overland community has been very gracious and helpful.
Great community to be a part of. Post up any questions you may have or dig into the forums to find all sorts of tips, tricks or rig specific advice. Welcome!

Six Overland

SixOverland

Rank VI
Investor

Steward I

First Name
Grant
Last Name
Peters
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WD6IQX
Service Branch
Army [ABN] 01-05
Vehicle:1982 Jeep CJ7
Overland Experience: Novice (As a civilian at least. I drove and lived out of Jeeps and Humvees in all sorts of interesting environments during my time in the Army)
Why Overlanding?: I want to get out on the trails and put my Jeep to use the way that it was intended. I'm just starting to build it out and to start exploring.
I count Army overlanding experience. Lol. Definitely gives you a leg up in a lot of aspects of the lifestyle. You’ve come to the right place for all the rest.
Airborne brotha!
Welcome!
Six Overland

Hey Grandad

Rank IV

Traveler III

Goodlettsville, Davidson County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Cottom
Member #

Service Branch
Army

Welcome to the forum. A wealth of information here. Am located over in Goodlettsvile.