Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
My name is Eddy. I work at the fillin' station.

Rig: 2014 FJ Cruiser, family has a bunch of stuff including a 94 white Bronco, a 2017 4-runner, a unimog....
Experience: some
Welcome to Overland Bound Eddy
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in our Rocky Mountain Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
OB Members Colorado
Your Rocky Mountain Regional Director is @Neal A. Tew
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check out Overland Expo https://www.OverlandExpo.com
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Hello all, VINNY VT here, out of Manassas, VA. Total novice, enjoy the outdoors and camping, hoping to meet like minded individuals. 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee, Trailhawk, bone stock and is my daily driver. Looking forward to learning from here!
Hallo Vincent
Welcome to OBO
WBR
Bengt N
Sweden

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all, VINNY VT here, out of Manassas, VA. Total novice, enjoy the outdoors and camping, hoping to meet like minded individuals. 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee, Trailhawk, bone stock and is my daily driver. Looking forward to learning from here!
Welcome To Overland Bound Vinny
You are in the East Region, local information can be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
Quick adult & youth Tread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check out Overland Expo https://www.OverlandExpo.com
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Reactions: Shahn and El-Dracho

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Greetings all,
My name is Brian. I'm fairly new to the wider overlanding community.
Just moved up to the Pacific NW, in the greater Seattle area, and am excited to get out and explore all that it has to offer.
My rig is a '21 Ford Ranger XL/STX 4x4 that I'm in the early stages of building into my dream vehicle.
So far, I've added...
- Old Man Emu (Heavy Load) Nitrocharger shocks, coilovers, and leaf springs
- Black Rhino Arsenal (Sand on Black) in 16x8 with a -10et
- Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac 285/75R16
- RTR Fender Flares/Vents
- CoverKing Saddle Blanket Seat Covers
- Clearview Original Gen towing mirrors
Hi Brian and welcome to Overland Bound!

That is a nice looking Ford Ranger. Just out of curiosity, how are these vehicles powered in the US? We currently only have them new in Europe with small 4-cylinder diesels (there used to be a 3.2 5-cylinder as well).

Greetings from Europe
Bjoern

Reactions: Kent R and Shahn

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Trey here from southeast Missouri. My rig is a 2016 Toyota 4Runner Trail edition. Just getting started in overlanding and getting all the gear for my rig. Looking forward to many great adventures all across the U.S.
Hi Trey,

Welcome to Overland Bound!

These new 4Runners look damn good. Unfortunately they are not officially available here at Toyota, only via an import with all the disadvantages.

I wish you great trips and safe travels with it.

Greetings from Europe
Bjoern

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hi all
So-cal resident
2015 chevrolet express 2500 2wd

Novice or below overland experience.

Im fascinated by overlanding. Im currently just enjoying camping out of the van.

I look forward to some casual events to meet some new folks.
Hi Garret and welcome to Overland Bound!

I think a van like this has a lot of potential for a great overlanding rig.

Enjoy your camping trips with the van.

Bjoern

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Howdy. First name is Erik.

Located in Texas, San Marcos area for now. But getting ready to hit the road for a while. Sabbatical I guess you would say.

2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4. Lift, tires, wheels, and all the various bits to support a long trip.

Would say I'm "novice +" maybe? Or Moderate? Was a COLT Platoon Sergeant and team chief in the Army for the 3rd ACR plus a longtime offroader in Jeeps (currently own my 13th - a '99 XJ). Have done trips to the Big Bend Region and a trip up to Wyoming and back through the Alpine Loop area, so definitely more than a "beginner". But the trip I'm prepping for is going to be my first time traveling for weeks to months since I received my DD-214.

Don't yet have a website/blog/etc. set up but do have a Facebook page, Thrive Overland, and the usual instagram, thrive_overland.

The pic is my setup from my trip last summer. I have since moved on to a bedrack+RTT.

View attachment 221352
Hi Erik,

Welcome to Overland Bound.

Great setup. Will follow your trip on instagram.

Bjoern

Polaris Overland

Ambassador, Europe

Pioneer I

Newtonhill, Stonehaven, Aberdeenshire, UK
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Spinks
Member #

Service Branch
Royal Navy Veteran
Hi all
So-cal resident
2015 chevrolet express 2500 2wd

Novice or below overland experience.

Im fascinated by overlanding. Im currently just enjoying camping out of the van.

I look forward to some casual events to meet some new folks.
Don’t make the mistake of thinking Overlanding is just 4wd off road travel.

Having Overlanded extensively in a Land Rover Defender much of those travels could have been done in 2wd vehicles and we saw many people doing just that including a London Double decker bus doing the Mongol Rally.

We still have our Defender but now also run a VW Transporter

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Any Pink Floyd fans out there?
I'm in the PWN / King County.
So, I'm both new and old to overlanding. Before I had real kid's I had a 79 Jeep CJ5. Like a child when you feed a rig green stuff it grows up. Started with a stock rig and grew up to run 4:10's, w/ an arch-locker on 35's... a shackle swap and spring over lift. What a great crawler.
Now I'm all in and full size with a new to me F150. What's in the mail? FOX 2.0 suspension, RSI SmartCap, BedRug. S2 Baja design revers lights. In the cart... a cheap steal bumper that I can cut-up/modify for an integrated swing away Recon bike rack. A solar kit (still working on that spec) AUX power control system, some big tires. Maybe 35's but probably 33's. I'll figure the rest out as I go.

Any Fullsize fit-out suggestions are welcome.

Why Overland... My daughter and I travel to race mountain bikes and we ski for fun. From Virgin UT to Whistler BC and everything between, to and fro. Such great adventures!
Hi James and welcome to Overland Bound!

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Sup folks,

Really excited to be here! Just got into overlanding recently, but all in. I reside in West TN and am hoping to hit up LBL and the ozarks very soon!

In the last month I added a lift and 33's to my 07 taco along with the yakima bedrack/rtt system. Hoping to install my usoffroad bumper and SB winch this weekend and hit trails asap.

Looking forward to meeting some fellow enthusiasts and learn from the pros!
Hi Brian and welcome to Overland Bound!

Look around here in the forum and you will find plenty of good information about overlanding. And I guess there will be also members in your area who are happy to meet and help.

Bjoern

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hi,

My name is Matt. I am currently out of Travelers Rest, SC. I just purchased a 2013 jku wrangler. She is called ,"The Black Pearl."

I have the approach of only fix it if it is broken or if it's something I just want or something that would make traveling with my wife and 2 toddlers a little easier.

When it comes to the outdoors of camping, hiking, etc, I have a lot of experience. However, when it comes to overlanding and off-roading, I am quite new.

I love to learn and have a lot of questions, especially for those who are women and those who travel with kids.
Hi Matt and welcome to Overland Bound!

Nice Jeep! Enjoy the trips with it.

Greetings from Europe
Bjoern