Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Brian Swehla
Rig: 2020 Tacoma
I’ve been enjoying the outdoors for a number of years and after acquiring a 4wd truck I’ve combined my love for being outside with vehicular adventure.
Hello Brian, welcome to the OB family.

Reactions: Shahn and Kent R

D4R4x4

Rank V
Investor

Pathfinder III

Sumner County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Darrell
Last Name
Timmons
Member #

Hello my name is Bryce and I and very new to over landing and camping as a whole. So far I have camped in Mt. Charleston and Lytle Creek California, both with my amazing and beautiful girlfriend. We are traveling in a new to me 2013 Chevy Silverado with a bed tent. We have built a raised platform for a queen sized bed so we have ample room in the back. We live in Las Vegas and hope to explore all around.
Bryce, welcome to the OB community.

D4R4x4

Rank V
Investor

Pathfinder III

Sumner County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Darrell
Last Name
Timmons
Member #

Brian Swehla
Rig: 2020 Tacoma
I’ve been enjoying the outdoors for a number of years and after acquiring a 4wd truck I’ve combined my love for being outside with vehicular adventure.
Welcome to the OB community. I have always liked that Tacoma color.

Last edited:

Tom Cole

Rank VIII
Launch Member

Inventor III

Weatherford, Texas, USA
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Cole
Member #

Hey now, I'm Josh from Gilbert,AZ. I've been exploring for a few years. I'm on my second rig build, a 2013 FJ and I love it. I'm looking forward to meeting with you all someday, somewhere.
You can follow my adventures on the Insta @trippingtheoutside.

Welcome Josh. I used to own a 2013 FJ, i absolutely loved it and cried for a whole month after selling it. Enjoy it and never give it up. Welcome to OB and glad you're apart of the community. Now go do a trip... meet some people, clean a few trails, and have a great time.

Kozysnack

Rank VII
Investor

Expedition Master I

Austin, Travis County, Texas, United States
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Ely
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRNX949 is my GMRS, haven't taken my test yet but working on the HAM
Service Branch
USAF BRAT
Hello everyone my names Robert I’ve been overlanding for little over a year, I’m based out of Los Angeles CA. I have a 2004 Dodge Ram 2500 with a ikamper mini.
Welcome Robbie

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Hello Everyone
Rig: 2018 Tundra CM.
Overland Experience: Novice.
Great truck! Glad you said hello and welcome. I am the Bay Area member rep and I can help connect you to meet ups that are happening near you. In Turlock CA there is a meet up on the first Sunday’s of the month and it has a great regular turn out and active.
This is the regular meet up info. @Motomikeca and @beck4u are a great resource to be in touch with!
US West - Central Valley-Turlock Monthly Meetup

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Hello everyone. My Name is Ryon. I am retiring from the military in January 2022 and moving back home to Oregon. I just got a new (to me) 2013 Lexus GX 460, and I'm looking forward to getting her off road and doing some camping. If you have any recommendations for the Central Oregon area, I'm all ears.

Ryon
Hello Ryon , Welcome to Overland Bound and thank you for your service. I served 15 years in the Army as well.
I am the Northwest Director. @Big G is your closest member representative.

To help navigate through the forums, here are some links that can be filtered by “Region” prefix. We are in the Overland Bound North America US Northwest Region (US Northwest for short).

Overland Bound Meetups- is where all member generated rally points are posted in forum format for discussion of Rally Point and other types of Meetups. A meetup can be as simple as a group getting together for coffee, a trail ride, or a full in expedition with other Overland Bound Members.

Overland Bound Trip Planning- is a great place to talk about planning a trip wether by your self or as a group.

Overland Bound Routs: Downloadable- is exactly what it sounds like. Search, or share your GPX files here with a description of the route and POIs.

Share your Overland Routes- is similar time the downloadable posted above, but doesn’t require you to share the actual GPX file.

Overland Bound By Region < North America < US Northwest- is where you can find regional members discussing local events, Overland News, and general topics. It’s a great recourse to mete others in the regions.

Member Maps- a great trip planning tool. It can also be used to send out messages to members near your location, or a location you plan to visit.

Rally Point- a tool used to creat Meetups or send out an SOS.

Any questions, don’t hesitate to ask myself or your member representative team. Again welcome and hope to see you on the trails.

Mike Rose
Northwest Director
Overland Bound

WesternExplorer

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Phoenix, AZ, USA
First Name
Patrick
Last Name
Gaylor
Member #

Patrick G. here……
Experience: always been an outdoor enthusiast….but new to overlanding
Vehicle: 2021 Powerwagon that I’m currently rigging out for trips

interested in getting some experience with seasoned pros in anticipation of my first father son trip down the Baja Peninsula this Summer. would love to join a caravan if anyone is going down Baja this summer?

Attachments

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hello everyone. My Name is Ryon. I am retiring from the military in January 2022 and moving back home to Oregon. I just got a new (to me) 2013 Lexus GX 460, and I'm looking forward to getting her off road and doing some camping. If you have any recommendations for the Central Oregon area, I'm all ears.

Ryon
Hello Ryon welcome to the OB community. Thank you for your service to our country. I saw that Mike Rose mentioned I am your closest Member Rep, and I may be but I am in Southern Oregon, Grants Pass to be specific. I would be glad to answer any questions you may have so reach out any time. I'm not exactly sure where you are located but glad to help no matter what. Have a blessed and Happy New Year.

AnthonyBroussard

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Lafayette, Lafayette Parish, Louisiana, United States
First Name
Anthony
Last Name
Broussard
Member #

Hello people. My name is Anthony Broussard and my wife is Karen Broussard. We are just getting into overlanding. We are from Lafayette LA aka Cajun Country. We drive a 2012 Ford Raptor named Rex. We are looking forward to seeing many parts of the United States in our future travels. Not sure where to start but can’t wait. Looks like this might be the place for useful info.

Attachments

WesternExplorer

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Phoenix, AZ, USA
First Name
Patrick
Last Name
Gaylor
Member #

Hello Robbie, welcome to Overland Bound.
Robbie, how are you? I see you are in Phoenix as well. I’m finishing up my truck and hoping to do a few trips both short and longer this year. Are you aware of any people who meet up for trips? Would like to do a couple of shorter trips with some more seasoned people to pick up some tips before a bigger trip down Baja this early summer. Look forward to hearing from you. Patrick.

WesternExplorer

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Phoenix, AZ, USA
First Name
Patrick
Last Name
Gaylor
Member #

Robbie, how are you? I see you are in Phoenix as well. I’m finishing up my truck and hoping to do a few trips both short and longer this year. Are you aware of any people who meet up for trips? Would like to do a couple of shorter trips with some more seasoned people to pick up some tips before a bigger trip down Baja this early summer. Look forward to hearing from you. Patrick.
Sorry, guess I meant to respond to you, John Anderson…..!!

Reactions: Kent R