Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi everyone!

Joining from the beautiful Pacific Northwest (Sammamish/Redmond area). Experienced campers, but novice to the overlanding scene. We got interested in overlanding by watching channels such as Lifestyle Overland and Overland Bound (Overland Bound is the reason we got the Gazelle tent). Our off-road worthy Escapod Topo teardrop trailer is ready to take on more challenging adventures, but it is a bit held back by our Subaru Ascent. It will never be a rock crawler, but a lift kit and different tires are on the wish list so that we can explore even more of the beautiful PNW.

Cheers!

View attachment 155719 View attachment 155720
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Overland Expo West is this July https://www.overlandexpo.com/west
Check out the Overland Expo happening in Loveland CO this August;
About MOUNTAIN WEST — Overland Expo®
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Good evening, and happy Memorial Day! I go by Merritt, and have been camping/hiking for as long as I can remember. Thanks to marriage and the addition of three kids I’ve had to resort to a means of expediting our adventures, and that’s where overlanding comes in. We’re in north Georgia, driving a 2006 LR3 paired with a homemade 4x6 trailer for hauling most of our gear and kayaks. Looking forward to making memories and traditions with my family that can be passed on to the next generations.
Welcome To Overland Bound Merritt
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Overland Expo East is this October. About EAST — Overland Expo®
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @NC-Trooper
Overland Expo east is in October;
About EAST — Overland Expo®

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey Everyone! We're Jody and Patricia! We've got a '18 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X! We are in the beginning stages of building out our rig, but that isn't stopping us from getting out there. We've done tons of backpacking and camping and now we're breaking into overlanding. Been trolling this site for quite some time, even before we had the rig, now we're both feet in!
Welcome to Overland Bound Jody & Patricia
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions. For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representatives; Bay Area @PapaDave, Sac/Foothills @Magic Mike, North State @Cottonwoody
There is are several members from Beal that can be found on the member map if your interested.
Also here is a local meet-up you might be interested in.
Gold Country Monthly Meet-up. Auburn CA
https://www.overlandbound.com/event/gold-country-monthly-meetup/

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi Everyone. I am a new member from Manitoba Canada. Have been following along via YouTube for the past couple of years. I have camping experience however just getting started in Overlanding. Slowly starting my first Rig build and look forward to learning from everyone’s experiences.
2011 Land Rover LR4

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello James (@Big_Roach011 ), welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. Before the lock down we had a pretty regular meet up in the DFW area so hopefully that will get going again in the near future so keep an eye out for that.
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.
If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.

Reactions: Kent R

Contributor I

Pennsylvania, USA
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Doyle
Hey everyone! Just joined up after catching a few awesome videos on YouTube. I don't have a rig yet, I'm currently shopping but will most likely be waiting until late summer/early fall to buy. Looking at the Tacoma Off-road. I had a 2000 Jeep Wrangler a long time ago and loved it. Right now I'm driving a Hyundai Sonata Sport 2.0T but I miss being able to hit up trails and get out in the middle of nowhere. I'm in the Philly burbs, not too far from King of Prussia. Really looking forward to checking out the community and getting out more with my family (wife and 2 boys).

Cheers!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everyone! Just joined up after catching a few awesome videos on YouTube. I don't have a rig yet, I'm currently shopping but will most likely be waiting until late summer/early fall to buy. Looking at the Tacoma Off-road. I had a 2000 Jeep Wrangler a long time ago and loved it. Right now I'm driving a Hyundai Sonata Sport 2.0T but I miss being able to hit up trails and get out in the middle of nowhere. I'm in the Philly burbs, not too far from King of Prussia. Really looking forward to checking out the community and getting out more with my family (wife and 2 boys).

Cheers!
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @Wawa Skittletits
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova
Overland Expo East is in October.
About EAST — Overland Expo®

turbodessel

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Durango, CO, USA
First Name
Connor
Last Name
Dessel
Member #

Hello Everyone!

My Name is Connor. I live in Durango, CO. which gives me great access to lots of popular Overlanding destinations right in my back yard. I have a 2013 Toyota Tacoma and my wife has a Jeep Wrangler.

We have been overlanding since were were kids and make a point to get out as much as possible! I know there are lots of people in my area with rigs, but I am not sure how many are hooked in to OB. I have lurked on the website and watched many of the videos for a while now and I am excited to get involved with the community!

Attachments

pramodojha

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor III

Riverside, CA, USA
First Name
pramod
Last Name
ojha
Member #

New Members,

Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

A few things you might want to include in your introduction are:

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location (General area is fine)
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

We're glad you've found us and look forward to sharing our adventures with you!

In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:

From @administrator
  • Overlanding is: "Vehicle Dependent Travel". Nothing else.
  • We will not further define "overlanding".
  • "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
  • You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
  • Encourage uncomplicated ventures into the great outdoors. Don't over pack.
  • Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
  • Share without reservation, trip locations, and information.
  • It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
  • We do not care about make or model.
  • We do not engage in "this is better than that" competitions.
  • We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
  • Humility.
  • We respect, fear, and protect nature.
  • "I don't know" is a great answer.
  • We don’t brag about exploits.
  • We seek answers from the community when we don’t know.
  • We engage in the very smallest of interactions.
I'm new to overland just try to learn from you guys

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
I'm new to overland just try to learn from you guys
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Barclay (LA) @FrankRoams (OC) @Dominic OB0158 (Inland Empire)

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello Everyone!

My Name is Connor. I live in Durango, CO. which gives me great access to lots of popular Overlanding destinations right in my back yard. I have a 2013 Toyota Tacoma and my wife has a Jeep Wrangler.

We have been overlanding since were were kids and make a point to get out as much as possible! I know there are lots of people in my area with rigs, but I am not sure how many are hooked in to OB. I have lurked on the website and watched many of the videos for a while now and I am excited to get involved with the community!
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is
@Neal A. Tew

Reactions: Neal A. Tew

Laura Daughtry

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Leadville, CO, USA
First Name
Laura
Last Name
Daughtry
Member #

Hi, all! I've been around for a little bit, but have yet to introduce myself. Better late than never, I suppose. :smile:

1) See the attached picture of my rig! She's pretty stock at the moment, but I have tons of mods planned for her. I'm still in awe of what she is capable of. The picture is from this past Memorial Day Weekend on the Cascade Creek trail near Mount Evans.
2) I re-located to Boulder from Raleigh, North Carolina almost two months ago (yes, in the middle of a worldwide pandemic); I'm glad I'm finally settling in in Colorado!
3) I have a white 2017 Toyota 4Runner (TRD Pro) that I purchased back in February '20. I've always been a huge 4Runner fan, and I am glad I finally got one for all of my future adventures.
4) I am an overlanding newbie! I'm excited to be here and part of this community.

IMG_20200522_171134_edit.jpg

ChambersFamily

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

North Plains, OR, USA
First Name
Marshall
Last Name
Chambers
Member #

Howdy! Been lurking on the OB YouTube channel for a good long while and it finally dawned on me that I should've already signed up! I'm looking forward to meeting you guys on the trail (or anywhere, for that matter)!

Picked up my '00 4Runner from a guy last year that had every intention on doing what I am now, but had too big of a family for this truck to work. I'm no stranger to the outdoors, but this is my first go at a vehicle-based setup. My girl and I are new to the PNW from FL as of last May and haven't had much of a chance to get out until now. Any advice is more the welcomed, as my off-road experience has primarily been with 4wheelers, dirt bikes, and MTB's.
Welcome to the PNW! My husband is a born and raised Oregonian and I have lived here since the age of 3, so basically a native haha -Courtney

jaydanger

Rank 0

Contributor II

San Diego
First Name
Jay
Last Name
Sloan
Member #

Hello everybody! I’m Jay and my wife and I have been doing the overland thing in San Diego for about 3 months now and absolutely love it. Drive a 2017 4runner TRD OFP. Uprgrades include BFG KO2 (285s), Full King Suspension, Gobi Rack, and running boards. Can’t wait to be a part of this group and gain valuable knowledge from interacting with the members.

jaydanger

Rank 0

Contributor II

San Diego
First Name
Jay
Last Name
Sloan
Member #

Hello everybody! I’m Jay and my wife and I have been doing the overland thing in San Diego for about 3 months now and absolutely love it. Drive a 2017 4runner TRD OFP. Uprgrades include BFG KO2 (285s), Full King Suspension, Gobi Rack, and running boards. Can’t wait to be a part of this group and gain valuable knowledge from interacting with the members.
1EC7D1E4-EDA4-4FDD-AAC7-805A250FC1E0.jpeg

OTH Overland

Local Expert Washington, USA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
Hello everyone. Travis here from Bellingham, WA. I have spent a lot of time in the woods. Until recently, a pickup has always simply been a way to haul your gear in/out. A couple years ago a good friend introduced me to the concept of Overland travel. Because of that, I have seen more new ground in the past couple years than the 10+ prior to that. So far, in addition to a ton of day trips and base camp trips, we have traveled the Washington Backcountry Discovery Route (WABDR) Conconully to Canada with a return via Canada and an epic WA, OR, ID, WY, CO, MT, Yellowstone road trip. If the COVID conditions allow it, we have WABDR Conconully to Ellensburg planned for June and a northern BC trip planned for July/August. Looking forward to getting to know you all.

View attachment 155345
Travis, Welcome to the OB community. Nice looking Ram! You are only about an hour north of us on Camano Island, hopefully we will get to meet you in person at an event or on the trail soon. Lots of great members here in the Northwest to meet.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Welcome to Overland Bound Jay.
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Barclay (LA) @FrankRoams (OC) @Dominic OB0158 (Inland Empire)

OTH Overland

Local Expert Washington, USA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
Hi everyone!

Joining from the beautiful Pacific Northwest (Sammamish/Redmond area). Experienced campers, but novice to the overlanding scene. We got interested in overlanding by watching channels such as Lifestyle Overland and Overland Bound (Overland Bound is the reason we got the Gazelle tent). Our off-road worthy Escapod Topo teardrop trailer is ready to take on more challenging adventures, but it is a bit held back by our Subaru Ascent. It will never be a rock crawler, but a lift kit and different tires are on the wish list so that we can explore even more of the beautiful PNW.

Cheers!

View attachment 155719 View attachment 155720
Remco, welcome to the OB Community from a fellow NW (Camano Island) overlander, Trailer looks like a nice setup for our typically soggy environment. Hopefully we can all get back on the trails soon.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi, all! I've been around for a little bit, but have yet to introduce myself. Better late than never, I suppose. :smile:

1) See the attached picture of my rig! She's pretty stock at the moment, but I have tons of mods planned for her. I'm still in awe of what she is capable of. The picture is from this past Memorial Day Weekend on the Cascade Creek trail near Mount Evans.
2) I re-located to Boulder from Raleigh, North Carolina almost two months ago (yes, in the middle of a worldwide pandemic); I'm glad I'm finally settling in in Colorado!
3) I have a white 2017 Toyota 4Runner (TRD Pro) that I purchased back in February '20. I've always been a huge 4Runner fan, and I am glad I finally got one for all of my future adventures.
4) I am an overlanding newbie! I'm excited to be here and part of this community.

View attachment 156088
Welcome to Overland Bound Laura.
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is
@Neal A. Tew