Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
hello to all i am a new member, but i am folowing the youtube chanels about overlanding and 4WD for a time now i upgraded from backpacking and car camping to a overlander that is currently being build little by little.
i am from europe, i am a dtuchman from the netherlands that lives a fair amount of time of the year in spain. my truck i a Toyota Hilux 2.4 Diesel and i am loving it.View attachment 152467
Welcome to Overland Bound!
Don't hesitate to contact your local Member Representative @Robert OB 33/48 for help or information.
Quick online Tread Lightly! online awareness course
Tread Lightly | Online Courses

Reactions: Carl Sandvik

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
North of Phoenix in Anthem AZ
Happy to be a part of the community
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Prerunner1982
Your Regional Director is @brien for additional help or information. Brien can also advise you of the local meet-ups in your area

Overland Expo West is this July https://www.overlandexpo.com/west
Check out the Overland Expo happening in Loveland CO this August;
About MOUNTAIN WEST — Overland Expo®

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Finally decided to join and I'm sure glad I did. I recently started getting into camping/overlanding/offroading to get out with my family and see mother nature. Specially for my 5 yr old son. Got rid of my BMW to get a 02 4runner Limited just for that. I look forward to meeting some of you here near Fullerton, CA.View attachment 152453
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Barclay (LA) @FrankRoams (OC) @Dominic OB0158 (Inland Empire)

Overland Expo West is this July https://www.overlandexpo.com/west
Check out the Overland Expo happening in Loveland CO this August;
About MOUNTAIN WEST — Overland Expo®

Reactions: Carl Sandvik

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Sergio (@MOUSTRO14 ), welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.
If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.

Prerunner1982

Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Ernest (@Digdognesto ), welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. When things get back to some form of normal keep an eye out for an East Valley meet up in Gilbert.

Reactions: Kent R

Prerunner1982

Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Darin (@JetEngr19 ), welcome from Navina, Oklahoma.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups

Prerunner1982

Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Kim and Dan (@oldemandan ), welcome from Oklahoma. If you aren't already familiar with it, check out the Enchanted Rockies Trail.

Prerunner1982

Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Aina (@Aina), welcome from Oklahoma. Nice looking truck. Rendezvous in the Ozark is in mid October at Byrd's Adventure Center. It is not an OB sponsored event but many members from the area do attend, if you are interested.

Reactions: Aina and Kent R

LndXrsr

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Cincinnati
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
A
Member #

Nice rig!....Hope you can join us on an adventure or two after this pandemic is over!
Would love to at some point. Hoping to get out a little this weekend at least, maybe down toward Daniel Boone and Red River Gorge. Also have plans for the UP in August, more backcountry hiking than overlanding, also up in the air like yours.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
2. Michigan - west side of lower peninsula, not far from Lake Michigan
3. 2001 4runner Limited
4. Novice, but lots of experience car camping and wheeling. Starting to do more combined together.

I've always loved the outdoors and it continues to refresh my soul to be in creation. Backpacking, canoeing, hunting, fishing, and exploring all seem to compliment overlanding. Looking forward to learning more from you, and hopefully contributing where View attachment 152372View attachment 152373I can.
Hello Drerrin, welcome to the OB community. As a former West Michigander, Grand Rapids, I'm wondering where you are from? Loved the Lake Michigan coast, especially Grand Haven.

Rollin_Stock

Rank 0

Contributor I

Portland, OR, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Burks
Hello from Portland Oregon, new member Aaron.
I recently purchased my first 4x4 and Im really interested in exploring the NW. I have a 19' 4Runner SR5 and so far the only thing I have done to it is install some AT tires and built a DIY awning which has been really helpful in its couple uses so far. I have camped and backpacked my whole life around the Mt Hood National Forrest but have only been a passenger in off road trips. I have discoverer overlanding through YouTube and forums and I have to say I'm hooked. I look forward to crossing paths with you guys and learn to be a successful overlander.

IMG_20200302_111242-01.jpeg

Polaris Overland

Ambassador, Europe

Pioneer I

Newtonhill, Stonehaven, Aberdeenshire, UK
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Spinks
Member #

Service Branch
Royal Navy Veteran
Hi all, new member, looking for inspiration and ideas for my first build. Currently have a fair bit of time on my hands thanks to pandemic. Prior off road is mainly motorbikes but im not getting anh younger.
Hi Lee welcome to our region.
Like you many of us are finding ourselves with time on our hands and sadly many of our planned meets are either cancelled or postponed but all the member are chomping at the bit to get out exploring again.

So keep an eye on the Rally Point Events for our region and if you are an FB fan we have a West Europe page.

Exciting times coming with the new OB app currently being beta tested and soon to be published which will be one of the strongest if not the strongest Overlanding tool on the market making staying in contact with members, following upon the latest events and route planning.

There is a lot of experience throughout the membership so feel free to ask for advice or even offer advice as the best way to get the full benefit of your membership is to be active and involved.

Look forward to discussing more with you and meeting up.
If you can let me know your location I can let you know who your nearest representative is and if you have any questions about your membership or anything else please do not hesitate to contact me.

Polaris Overland

Ambassador, Europe

Pioneer I

Newtonhill, Stonehaven, Aberdeenshire, UK
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Spinks
Member #

Service Branch
Royal Navy Veteran
Hi all, new member, looking for inspiration and ideas for my first build. Currently have a fair bit of time on my hands thanks to pandemic. Prior off road is mainly motorbikes but im not getting anh younger.
Hi Lee welcome to our region.
Like you many of us are finding ourselves with time on our hands and sadly many of our planned meets are either cancelled or postponed but all the member are chomping at the bit to get out exploring again.

So keep an eye on the Rally Point Events for our region and if you are an FB fan we have a West Europe page.

Exciting times coming with the new OB app currently being beta tested and soon to be published which will be one of the strongest if not the strongest Overlanding tool on the market making staying in contact with members, following upon the latest events and route planning.

There is a lot of experience throughout the membership so feel free to ask for advice or even offer advice as the best way to get the full benefit of your membership is to be active and involved.

Look forward to discussing more with you and meeting up.
If you can let me know your location I can let you know who your nearest representative is and if you have any questions about your membership or anything else please do not hesitate to contact me.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
I recently purchased my first 4x4 and Im really interested in exploring the NW. I have a 19' 4Runner SR5 and so far the only thing I have done to it is install some AT tires and built a DIY awning which has been really helpful in its couple uses so far. I have camped and backpacked my whole life around the Mt Hood National Forrest but have only been a passenger in off road trips. I have discoverer overlanding through YouTube and forums and I have to say I'm hooked. I look forward to crossing paths with you guys and learn to be a successful overlander.

View attachment 152635
Welcome Aaron ,
I am the Northwest Regional Director for Overland Bound. @Gabriel Bozeman is your closest Member Representative.

Due to “Social Distancing” and “Shelter In Place” practices during the COVID-19 Pandemic, we have temporarily postponed group meetups, trail rides, and Campouts. Instead the Northwest Member Rep Team has incorporated weekly conference calls each Sunday at 7:30 PM PST (8:30) Mountain Time). A full list with scheduling can be found at Sunday Night Regional Conference Call

Welcome once again
Stay well, stay safe

Mike Roseu
NW Director
Overland Bound

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

View attachment 152635
Welcome to the community! I'm your closet Member Rep, and I'm just north of Seattle. We're hoping to get a Member Rep for the Portland area soon!

In the meantime, here are a few tips to get you started:
-Check out the local region's forums for events and meetups in your area.
-Check out the Rally Point system and the Member Map for events and other people around you. Super helpful.
-Our region also has a FB page.

If you need anything, feel free to PM me or tag me in the forums at @Gabriel Bozeman.

Cheers!
Gabe Bozeman
NW Member Rep

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

hello to all i am a new member, but i am folowing the youtube chanels about overlanding and 4WD for a time now i upgraded from backpacking and car camping to a overlander that is currently being build little by little.
i am from europe, i am a dtuchman from the netherlands that lives a fair amount of time of the year in spain. my truck i a Toyota Hilux 2.4 Diesel and i am loving it.View attachment 152467
Dag Arjan,

Van harte welkom hier. Als je wat nodig hebt aan info, dan kun je mij altijd een PB sturen.
Kijk ook voor veel info op de Mid Europe FB pagina.

Welcome Arjan, have a nice time here and for any questions and info, please send me a PB.

Greetings from Robert

Solo Saga

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Crouse, NC, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Binderup
Member #

Hey All! New member, Dave/Norsefalconer #23453. I have some experience, but not much. My most recent overlanding trips have been by motorcycle. Health reasons have "encouraged" a return to 4 wheels. For that I have a '92 Hilux Ext Cab. It needs gone through mechanically, and some upgrades added before I'll be secure taking it exploring.

Goal: Be actively involved with the group, make friends and memories

Attachments

Reactions: Iwata77 and Kent R

Lampshade

Rank 0

Contributor I

Laurel, MD, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Hawkins
Hello all!

I'll try to dig up pics at some point, but none are on this laptop at the moment. I've got a nearly-stock 2006 4Runner Sport and a far-from-stock 2011 BMW R1200GSA. I have a couple decades of camping experience, but not necessarily any that has been done under the banner of "overlanding." I don't feel like I get out enough anymore, and would like to change that.

I live in the suburban purgatory between Baltimore and DC in Maryland now, but I lived in Albuquerque for a while, and grew up in Kansas City (MO side). Most of my outdoors experience has been in and around the Ozarks. Although I still drive back to KC a few times a year, I spend most of my time on the east coast.

Whenever this quarantine ends, I'd like to get out and do something outdoorsy!

Lampshade

Mikeblack

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Philadelphia, PA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Jones Jr
Member #

hello from Philadelphia oh, my name is Mike I've been playing with the idea of Overland for a long time now. My interest piqued when I was deployed in Afghanistan and saw those old Toyota trucks rolling around with the Afghan army. They will go up and down those mountains with ease while our vehicles struggle with all of the gear. I'm looking at purchasing a 4Runner next year and since I'm a newbie at this, definitely have open ears and an open mind to everyone here and all their experience and wisdom they can part my ways. Learn from others so I did not repeat their mistakes.

I've been watching Overland bound videos for a while and decided to take my foot and Dive Right In. I love the setup in the places that can be explored beyond the hardball.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
hello from Philadelphia oh, my name is Mike I've been playing with the idea of Overland for a long time now. My interest piqued when I was deployed in Afghanistan and saw those old Toyota trucks rolling around with the Afghan army. They will go up and down those mountains with ease while our vehicles struggle with all of the gear. I'm looking at purchasing a 4Runner next year and since I'm a newbie at this, definitely have open ears and an open mind to everyone here and all their experience and wisdom they can part my ways. Learn from others so I did not repeat their mistakes.

I've been watching Overland bound videos for a while and decided to take my foot and Dive Right In. I love the setup in the places that can be explored beyond the hardball.
Welcome to Overland Bound Mike.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Overland Expo East is this October. About EAST — Overland Expo®
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @Wawa Skittletits
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova
Overland Expo East is in October.
About EAST — Overland Expo®