Launch Member

Contributor II

Cincinnati
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
A
Member #

Hi all, joining this community from Cincinnati, OH, but spent most of my life in MI doing lots of 4-season outdoor adventures and off-roading. Working to combine my mechanical obsession with my family's backcountry camping habit. Just purchased this 2000 LX470 (100-series Land Cruiser) to slowly outfit for overlanding.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_4fcd.jpg

QBuck007

Rank 0

Contributor I

Hurricane, WV, USA
First Name
Quentin
Last Name
Buckley
New here,

1)The rig:
truck.jpg

2) Location: West Virginia

3) Rig: 2014 Ram 1500 Express 4x4, with a 3" lifting Levelling Kit and 35" BFG KO2's and some increased horsepower, otherwise stock.

4) Overlanding Experience Background: Done some light off-road travel, but basically Novice.

Aina

Rank I
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Highland Village, TX, USA
First Name
Aina
Last Name
Fairchild
Hello all! We are Aina and Danielle

Pleased to be here. My first car/rig was a 4x4 I knew right away this was for me! So I guess I'm experienced. Been treading lightly for 30+ years now.... old, so old I am. See I'm so old I talk like Yoda :P

My current rig is a 2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD PRO. Why PRO over OR or sport... well mostly because I could, and I will make use of all its features. The Build so far; UpTOP overland roof rack and bed rack, a decked bed drawer system, RTT (23Zero breezeway 62), some Plano boxes one roam box, roam awning, and Rotopax. Stock tires and suspension, I find I rarely need much of an upgrade in those areas to get where im going.

If there is a Basic B of Overlanding it's me. Also, I love PSL!! #coffeelife #PSL

16+ years ago my wife was disabled by MS and we had to give up hiking, rollerblading etc.. and focused more on enjoying the outdoors via overland travel. We have always enjoyed it but now it's the primary way we get outdoors. So without public lands and off-roading, we would not be able to enjoy nature as much. I also love to cook even when im Overlanding/camping so my camp kitchen is a bit heavy.

We are currently located in North Texas near Dallas. We have been considering a move to near Sante Fe we love it there and it's much closer to lots of outdoor things. Texas has very little public land so driving long distances just to wheel is a bit of a bummer. Places I have wheeled; Ouray, CO. Arkansas, Sante Fe, and Taos NM, Arizona, California, Texas, Oklahoma.

We are planning to be at Overland Expo West this year, so maybe we will see you there. But with the way things are going, we may not (pandemic and all)

Okay, I think I rambled enough, have a lovely day and leave it better than you found it!

Annotation 2020-05-06 073724.png

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all! We are Aina and Danielle

Pleased to be here. My first car/rig was a 4x4 I knew right away this was for me! So I guess I'm experienced. Been treading lightly for 30+ years now.... old, so old I am. See I'm so old I talk like Yoda :P

My current rig is a 2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD PRO. Why PRO over OR or sport... well mostly because I could, and I will make use of all its features. The Build so far; UpTOP overland roof rack and bed rack, a decked bed drawer system, RTT (23Zero breezeway 62), some Plano boxes one roam box, roam awning, and Rotopax. Stock tires and suspension, I find I rarely need much of an upgrade in those areas to get where im going.

If there is a Basic B of Overlanding it's me. Also, I love PSL!! #coffeelife #PSL

16+ years ago my wife was disabled by MS and we had to give up hiking, rollerblading etc.. and focused more on enjoying the outdoors via overland travel. We have always enjoyed it but now it's the primary way we get outdoors. So without public lands and off-roading, we would not be able to enjoy nature as much. I also love to cook even when im Overlanding/camping so my camp kitchen is a bit heavy.

We are currently located in North Texas near Dallas. We have been considering a move to near Sante Fe we love it there and it's much closer to lots of outdoor things. Texas has very little public land so driving long distances just to wheel is a bit of a bummer. Places I have wheeled; Ouray, CO. Arkansas, Sante Fe, and Taos NM, Arizona, California, Texas, Oklahoma.

We are planning to be at Overland Expo West this year, so maybe we will see you there. But with the way things are going, we may not (pandemic and all)

Okay, I think I rambled enough, have a lovely day and leave it better than you found it!

View attachment 152568
Welcome to Overland Bound Aina and Danielle
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Prerunner1982 and he can advise you of the meet-up in the DFW area that meets on a semi regular basis.Welcome to Overland Bound
Your Regional Director is @brien for additional help or information.

Overland Expo West is this July https://www.overlandexpo.com/west
Check out the Overland Expo happening in Loveland CO this August;
About MOUNTAIN WEST — Overland Expo®
Quick online Tread Lightly! online awareness course
Tread Lightly | Online Courses

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
What’s up everyone! Ian here, ‘15 Silverado LTZ 4x4. Live in the panhandle of FL, would like to meet up with other OB members. Novice overlander in trucks but advanced on 2 wheels!
Welcome To Overland Bound Ian.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Overland Expo East is this October. About EAST — Overland Expo®
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @radwelder

Overland Expo east is in October;
About EAST — Overland Expo®
https://www.treadlightly.org/learn/online-courses/

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
New here,

1)The rig:
View attachment 152567

2) Location: West Virginia

3) Rig: 2014 Ram 1500 Express 4x4, with a 3" lifting Levelling Kit and 35" BFG KO2's and some increased horsepower, otherwise stock.

4) Overlanding Experience Background: Done some light off-road travel, but basically Novice.
Welcome to Overland Bound!
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Overland Expo East is this October. About EAST — Overland Expo®
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @Zombie
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova
Overland Expo East is in October.
About EAST — Overland Expo®

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everyone Kim and Dan here in southern New Mexico lots of outdoor experiences behind us and looking forward to many more. 98TJ and 12JK
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Prerunner1982

Reactions: Prerunner1982

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi, new member from Oklahoma City.

2019 Ford Ranger

Oklahoma City, OK

Novice

View attachment 152549
The closest Member Representatives to you for local information are @Prerunner1982 & @Iwata77

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi all, joining this community from Cincinnati, OH, but spent most of my life in MI doing lots of 4-season outdoor adventures and off-roading. Working to combine my mechanical obsession with my family's backcountry camping habit. Just purchased this 2000 LX470 (100-series Land Cruiser) to slowly outfit for overlanding.

View attachment 152539
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Overland Expo East is this October. https://www.overlandexpo.com/east
Overland Expo Mountain West is this August. Overland Expo Mountain West is this August.https://www.overlandexpo.com/mtnwest
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Ohio Valley Overland

Reactions: Overland Omnivore

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi,
Ernesto I am a outdoors , when ever possible. Hunting, fishing and camping with my family.
2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road.
From Chandler, AzView attachment 152535
Welcome to Overland Bound Ernesto.
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Prerunner1982
Your Regional Director is @brien for additional help and he can advise you of local meet-ups if your interested.

Reactions: Prerunner1982

Overland Omnivore

US MidWest Region Local Expert
Investor

Explorer I

New Albany, IN
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Price
Member #

View attachment 152539
Nice rig!....Hope you can join us on an adventure or two after this pandemic is over!

Reactions: Kent R

Overland Omnivore

US MidWest Region Local Expert
Investor

Explorer I

New Albany, IN
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Price
Member #

2. Michigan - west side of lower peninsula, not far from Lake Michigan
3. 2001 4runner Limited
4. Novice, but lots of experience car camping and wheeling. Starting to do more combined together.

I've always loved the outdoors and it continues to refresh my soul to be in creation. Backpacking, canoeing, hunting, fishing, and exploring all seem to compliment overlanding. Looking forward to learning more from you, and hopefully contributing where View attachment 152372View attachment 152373I can.
Nice whip!....I'm hoping to get to the UP soon....I had a big trip planned up there planned for June but the Pandemic through a wrench in it....I'm still shooting for a trip there this summer at some point...hope I can run into you....

Reactions: Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello,

New member here from TX, I have always enjoyed the outdoors, specially camping with the kiddos. Looking for a new adventure in overlanding.

Rig: 2018 Runner TRD Off Road.

Experience: Novice

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
hello to all i am a new member, but i am folowing the youtube chanels about overlanding and 4WD for a time now i upgraded from backpacking and car camping to a overlander that is currently being build little by little.
i am from europe, i am a dtuchman from the netherlands that lives a fair amount of time of the year in spain. my truck i a Toyota Hilux 2.4 Diesel and i am loving it.View attachment 152467
Don't hesitate to contact your local Member Representative @Robert OB 33/48 for help or information.

Reactions: Carl Sandvik