Launch Member

Member I

Lancaster, PA, USA
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Autry
Member #

Hey guys! I live in Lancaster PA, but grew up in Utah on the trails. I'm running a 2004 Subaru Forester XS build, and loving it. I'm new to overlanding on my own, but grew up four wheeling in southern Utah, and going on excursions in other people's builds. Excited to get my kids out so they can enjoy the outdoors.

Attachments

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Thanks Prerunner1982!
I'm actually headed up to Oklahoma this weekend in search of some trails to camp on. Do you know of anything that might be accessible with all the COVID shutdowns going on? We were especially looking at the forest service roads around the broken bow area, such as east of the lake.

Thanks!
I think this is pretty much a requisite spot for overlanders in this area. Has a great view, though it is on the west side of the lake. Not familiar with the east side.
34.272434, -94.701220

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey guys! I live in Lancaster PA, but grew up in Utah on the trails. I'm running a 2004 Subaru Forester XS build, and loving it. I'm new to overlanding on my own, but grew up four wheeling in southern Utah, and going on excursions in other people's builds. Excited to get my kids out so they can enjoy the outdoors.
Welcome to Overland Bound!
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Overland Expo East is this October. About EAST — Overland Expo®
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @Wawa Skittletits
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova
Overland Expo East is in October.
About EAST — Overland Expo®
Quick online Tread Lightly! online awareness course
Tread Lightly | Online Courses

Reactions: Wawa Skittletits

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Howdy folks,

Miller from SC here. I’ve been dabbling in this for some years now, but the current pandemic has me pining for fields afar. Planning my great XC road trip for 2021 from the east coast to the Pacific and then making a left and driving on until Todos Santos. Currently have a full stable, though it’s probably time to part ways with my modestly built surf rig LC And focus full time on the 2019 4R. Starting with the shoes and working my way up, I’ve got a pretty decent idea of what I’m going for but still flexible as to the finished project. Look forward to connecting!
Welcome To Overland Bound Miller.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @NC-Trooper

Overland Expo east is in October;
https://www.treadlightly.org/learn/online-courses/

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi y'all, I'm Michael and come from Northwest Georgia. I'm kinda a novice to this but there's not that many trails around here like out west (That I know of). More or less a weekender for camping. I have a stock 2002 Tundra 2wd as a starting point. I am open to any and all ideas. Thanks.
Welcome To Overland Bound
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @rrjones2u

Overland Expo east is in October;
https://www.treadlightly.org/learn/online-courses/

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everyone! I'm Howard, and I'll try to follow the OP's format closely!
1) Picture View attachment 151361
2) I'm moving soon to DFW area and look forward to exploring everything within driving distance, especially in the OK and AR areas.
3) My "Rig" is just a stock 2013 Subaru Forester, but it serves my needs well and I feel very blessed to own it!
4) Experience: I'm BRAND NEW TO THIS! Most of my travel experience has been foot-based travel. I have a just a handful of offroad driving experiences and have never completed an overland trip, so I'm a blank page in this regard.

I'm interested in learning all about well-planned, responsible overland travel. I am a brand new medical doctor interested in disaster relief and expeditionary medicine to remote areas, and though I'm a long way from being capable in those environments, I'd love to be connected with any members with experiences related to remote medicine.

Thanks everyone, I'm looking forward to learning from you!

-Howard
Welcome to Overland Bound Howard.
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Prerunner1982
Your Regional Director is @brien for additional help or information.

Check out the Overland Expo happening in Loveland CO this August;
About MOUNTAIN WEST — Overland Expo®

OutlanderGT

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Oxnard, CA, USA
First Name
Mario
Last Name
Marron
Member #

Hello everyone. Im Mario from Oxnard CA. Glad to be here ive been overlanding for the past 3 years but camping my whole life . It will be great meeting you guys hopefully in the near future . I drive a 2017 Mitsubishi Outlander GT SAWC lifted with 40mm spacers and King Springs and running BFG'sIMG_20200405_194325_757.jpg

Narwhal

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler III

Georgetown, Texas, United States
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Avila
Member #

Service Branch
Navy - Submarines
Hello everyone. Im Mario from Oxnard CA. Glad to be here ive been overlanding for the past 3 years but camping my whole life . It will be great meeting you guys hopefully in the near future . I drive a 2017 Mitsubishi Outlander GT SAWC lifted with 40mm spacers and King Springs and running BFG'sView attachment 151503
Beautiful rig! I love overlanding out of Southern California.

The Meyer Life

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Bay Area, CA, USA
First Name
Erik
Last Name
Meyer
Member #

Hello y'all! We are The Meyer Life and we are from the Bay Area, California. We just purchased a 2019 Ram Rebel and we are setting it up for our overlanding adventures. We used to use our Jeep Compass but the kids (3 Boys) quickly outgrew that! We are no strangers to camping and exploring! Excited to be new members of Overland Bound!IMG_3388.jpg

Last edited:

PonoAdventures

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate I

Orange County, CA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Nguyen
Member #

Hello everyone. Im Mario from Oxnard CA. Glad to be here ive been overlanding for the past 3 years but camping my whole life . It will be great meeting you guys hopefully in the near future . I drive a 2017 Mitsubishi Outlander GT SAWC lifted with 40mm spacers and King Springs and running BFG'sView attachment 151503
Welcome and awesome rig!

Harald-J

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler II

Norrtälje - Sweden
First Name
Harald
Last Name
Joelsson
Member #

Hi everyone!

I am new here, so I better respond to the “Start Here” tread.

I live in Norrtälje that lies just outside of Stockholm Sweden.
I drive a 2010 Land Rover Defender 110

Have only done a few trips with the family to Norway, Denmark and Åland. Nearly no off roading.IMG_3301.jpg

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi everyone!

I am new here, so I better respond to the “Start Here” tread.

I live in Norrtälje that lies just outside of Stockholm Sweden.
I drive a 2010 Land Rover Defender 110

Have only done a few trips with the family to Norway, Denmark and Åland. Nearly no off roading.View attachment 151572
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Robert OB 33/48
Your Regional Director is @Polaris Overland for additional help or information.

Reactions: Harald-J

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions. For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representatives; Bay Area @PapaDave, Sac/Foothills @Magic Mike, North State @Cottonwoody
Overland Expo West is this July https://www.overlandexpo.com/west
Tri-Valley Livermore CA Meet-up.
US West - Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
2016 Jeep JKU
Menlo Park, California
Spent the last couple years building with limited trail experience.
Hoping this is the year to get out and explore!
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions. For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representatives; Bay Area @PapaDave, Sac/Foothills @Magic Mike, North State @Cottonwoody
Overland Expo West is this July https://www.overlandexpo.com/west
Tri-Valley Livermore CA Meet-up
US West - Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA