Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hi all!
I am new to overlanding and have just finished my build (are we really ever finished)

I was hoping to head to the southwest in May, but COVID-19 had other plans.

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!

View attachment 148499

2) Location
Greenville, NC

3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU

4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)
I've camped a ton but am moving into RTT with my new rig.
Welcome to Overland Bound, super nice set up

Reactions: Kent R and Broke

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hi Kent,
Cheers for the intro much appreciated.

Hi Simon,
Glad to see the Jeeps are getting kitted. Nice rig.
You can PM or Kent and his team is currently working on a UAE page. Which will be ideal when completed.
Welcome to Overland Bound

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Thank you! I did submit my request to join Overland Bound - Southwest already and I'm super excited to start connecting with people. I appreciate the tips!

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hi there!

Thanks for the add!

My wife and I have some camping experience and were looking into start overlanding this year (2020), but Covid-19 put a stop to it.

We are still learning as much as we can about rig setup, gear, budget, etc. There is soo much good content out there (and there is bad too lol).

One of my friends from work sent me to the Overland Bound community.

I hope to learn from you all and soon to be on the road with my family to create great experiences and connection with mother nature.

Cheers,

Paulo

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Thanks Kent. Looking forward to meeting locals for some new adventures. I see your in P’ville.
Welcome to Overland Bound, I am one of your U.S. West member representatives. if you have any questions or concerns feel free to contact me @Magic Mike, or you can contact our Regional Director @Narbob if the need arises.

Make sure to browse the New member threads for some great information that will help you navigate the Overland Bound website. Also make sure to keep an eye on Rally Points and the member calendar for upcoming trail runs. local meetups and trainings.

I look forward to meeting out on the trail...

Mike

kooner2k

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

GLADE SPRING, VA, USA
First Name
Marc
Last Name
Koontz
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JLT
Hi all!
I am new to overlanding and have just finished my build (are we really ever finished)

I was hoping to head to the southwest in May, but COVID-19 had other plans.

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!

View attachment 148499

2) Location
Greenville, NC

3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU

4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)
I've camped a ton but am moving into RTT with my new rig.
Nice Jeep, I am hoping to be relocating to the Virginia / Tennessee area in the next year or so.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Trevor here, LVRider, started out with a rzr and a 18 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk. Loved getting on the trails but found myself wanting to get more out of the experience. Went and bought a 2020 Rubicon. Love the trails now. They are so capable. Was out on the trail the second day. Have about a third of my breakin miles off-road. my GSP loves the fact that we go out all the time. I look forward to meeting new people and sharing info related to Overlanding.
Hello Trevor, welcome to the OB community,

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
What’s going on good people?
My name is Chase.
I have been following OB on YouTube for quite awhile now and finally joined the forum for even more great info, meeting great people and going on adventures.

I live in Orange County Ca.

You may have guessed it my rig is an 03 Ford Econoline. (Slowly turning into a self built “Sportsmobile”)

I am a novice when it comes to Overlanding, but I’m excited to build my rig so my family and I can build some memories. View attachment 148480
Hello Chase, welcome to the OB community.

Gypsy049

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Davisville, MO, USA
First Name
Gypsy
Last Name
Albin
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Hello, my name is gypsy, I am from the Ozarks, in an effort to appease my wife I just sold my former overlanding rig a 1987 Jeep YJ on 37's that I built and pretty much loved for the last decade, my brother bought it so I can still play with it from time to time but a Subaru Forester right before this all started haven't had a chance to take it off road and figure out what mods I want to do to begin with. Former wildland firefighter which is how I got into overlanding

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Thanks for including me. I have just ordered my Member package.
Hello Marc, welcome to the OB community. I like your rig and your wing man. I'm curious so I must ask about your family because my mom's maiden name was Koontz. So, is there any chance you were raised in So. Cal or you have family that are from that area? Who know's maybe we are distant relatives.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hello, my name is gypsy, I am from the Ozarks, in an effort to appease my wife I just sold my former overlanding rig a 1987 Jeep YJ on 37's that I built and pretty much loved for the last decade, my brother bought it so I can still play with it from time to time but a Subaru Forester right before this all started haven't had a chance to take it off road and figure out what mods I want to do to begin with. Former wildland firefighter which is how I got into overlanding
Hello Gypsy, welcome to the OB community.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
What’s up gang. Newbie here and it’s my time to say hello. I herd about the site from Trail Recon. As you all know, overloading is a deeeep Rabbit hole. I love the community and can’t wait for some adventure with cool people.
Current rig- 2000 Jeep TJ, big long list of equipment and upgrades. We typically would be in Moab this week:(.
Live In Rocklin Ca. It’s at the base of the Sierra Nevada’s if your not from the area. I’m very luck to have the Rubicon trail and others in my back yard.

look forward to meeting up with you locals soon.
RayView attachment 148016
Hello Ray, welcome to the OB community.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hi all.

Been a member since early last year but only just signed up to the forums. I live in Perth, Western Australia and we get out and explore every chance we get. My wife and I own Australia's oldest 4WD magazine, Western 4W Driver, which has been telling our readers "where to go" for the last 31 years. Looking forward to meeting other members both online and (when the restrictions are lifted) on the tracks. We took the photo below on a family trip last year up to Broome when we stopped for a few days at 80 Mile Beach. We were having a play on the sand with some other friends that were travelling with us. The tide was out so we had plenty of room and there was hardly anyone else on the beach.

View attachment 148004

Image: Our Toyota LC200 Sahara on 80 Mile Beach, Western Australia.
Hello Chris, welcome to the OB community. Lot's of good information on the forums.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hey y'all. New to Overlanding over here, but have been following Overlander videos and reading a lot about it for about 6 months now. moved from big city of Miami over to North Georgia. Traded in the '16 Tacoma for a '19 Tundra SR5 4x4 (still bone stock) and ready to turn it into a decent Overlanding rig (once all this CoVid-19 stuff is over with of course). Just stopping by to say hi, grab some ideas from you folks and also in the near future do some meetups and start my Overlanding journey with my family in tote.
Hi David, welcome to the OB community.