Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hi

My name is Jakes, although in the Army I am known as 'Van'
I have a family of three (growing to 4 in September) and a dog, ex Army Search dog who has suspiciously taken to retirement VERY well!
I drive a 2016 Ford Ranger Wildtrak, 3.2l i5 Diesel
My experience is varied in overlanding, I grew up in South Africa where we did long expeditions in SA and to Mozambique but I now reside in the UK so am cutting about Europe.

My Set-up currently looks like:
View attachment 145211View attachment 145212

We had plans to go explore Northern Spain and France for three weeks starting next Friday but that has now been cancelled due to current events. We are however ready to go once travel restrictions are lifted! in the mean time I will be carrying on the 'build' and planning trips in the UK
Welcome to Overland Bound

Reactions: Kent R

BradButlerCO

Rank 0

Contributor I

Castle Pines, CO, USA
First Name
Brad
Last Name
Butler
Hi, I'm Bradley and I'm a 17 year old based out of Colorado. I love off roading, and after getting a 2015 Jeep Wrangler figured the only reasonable place to go would be to set it up for overlanding. I got a minimum wage job to help pay the bills and am slowly making my way to my dream rig. My experience is limited in overloading, but not my outdoors experience. I'm an avid hiker, hunter, and fisher, and can't wait to see what experiences overlanding has set for me.

David H

Local Expert Southern ID

Traveler III

Boise, ID, 83713 USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Hopkins
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRKQ684
Service Branch
U.S.A.F.
Hello all, glad we found this Forum
Ride a 2013 Silverado
Been Exploring Many Ways
And, many years
The Older I get the Faster I Use To BeView attachment 145249
Welcome to the Overland Bound community. I hope we can provide the information, points of contact and enthusiasm to help you in every way...

David H

Local Expert Southern ID

Traveler III

Boise, ID, 83713 USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Hopkins
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRKQ684
Service Branch
U.S.A.F.
Hi, I'm Bradley and I'm a 17 year old based out of Colorado. I love off roading, and after getting a 2015 Jeep Wrangler figured the only reasonable place to go would be to set it up for overlanding. I got a minimum wage job to help pay the bills and am slowly making my way to my dream rig. My experience is limited in overloading, but not my outdoors experience. I'm an avid hiker, hunter, and fisher, and can't wait to see what experiences overlanding has set for me.
Hey Brad - Welcome to the Overland Bound community. I live in Idaho now, but grew up in Colorado and miss my mountains soooo much. I've 4-wheeled and camped all over Colorado, and I'm looking to do the same here in the Northwest. I can't wait to get back to Colorado for some awesome adventuring. Again, welcome to Overland Bound and happy adventuring...

David H

Local Expert Southern ID

Traveler III

Boise, ID, 83713 USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Hopkins
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRKQ684
Service Branch
U.S.A.F.
Howdy all, My name is Tim, I am outta western Colorado. However, I travel all over.
93 Ford Bronco,
15 Ford Super Duty,
Welcome to the community... Love Colorado (lived there 1/2 my life). Hope to see you out adventuring this great country of ours...

David H

Local Expert Southern ID

Traveler III

Boise, ID, 83713 USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Hopkins
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRKQ684
Service Branch
U.S.A.F.
Hi there. New to the forum and fairly new to the community.

Rig: 2013 LR4
Experience: Lifetime of camping/backpacking and being outdoors. Fairly new to the overlanding community. First trip in the rover was last year to SW Colorado. More planned this year virus pending...
Welcome from a Missouri transplant (now in Boise Idaho).

OTH Overland

Local Expert Washington, USA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
Howdy! Dipping my toe in the water here... my name is Bruce, I live in Lake Stevens Washington. My rig is a 97 Ford Ranger. I have no experience with overlanding but am excited to learn and get out there. Thanks in advance!
H Bruce, Welcome to the group, we are just a little ways NW of you on Camano Island, You will find a great bunch of helpful folks on here happy to answer any questions you may have, offer suggestions or just visit. Keep an eye on the Rally Point for local events that are occurring. Hope to see you on the trails.

David H

Local Expert Southern ID

Traveler III

Boise, ID, 83713 USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Hopkins
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRKQ684
Service Branch
U.S.A.F.
Howdy! Dipping my toe in the water here... my name is Bruce, I live in Lake Stevens Washington. My rig is a 97 Ford Ranger. I have no experience with overlanding but am excited to learn and get out there. Thanks in advance!
Hey Bruce. Welcome from Idaho to the Overland community. If you have any questions or need any help/guidance, feel free to contact me @David H or the US Northwest Regional Director, @M Rose

Rove Again

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Southern California - Inland Empire
First Name
Rodney
Last Name
Anderson
Member #

Hello OB! Glad to join. I admire the "community" created here. Met Michael in Costa Mesa a few weeks ago at the Adventure Expo and decided then to join. Hope to learn a lot, meet cool peeps and participate in some fun. Overlanding wasn't a word to me a year ago. I have some camping and off road experience but I'm no expert. My veh is a 2004 discovery 2, so I'm a mechanic in training as well!! Lol. It's called Rove Again because this is my second disco. it's a love/hate thing for sure.

David H

Local Expert Southern ID

Traveler III

Boise, ID, 83713 USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Hopkins
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRKQ684
Service Branch
U.S.A.F.
Hello OB! Glad to join. I admire the "community" created here. Met Michael in Costa Mesa a few weeks ago at the Adventure Expo and decided then to join. Hope to learn a lot, meet cool peeps and participate in some fun. Overlanding wasn't a word to me a year ago. I have some camping and off road experience but I'm no expert. My veh is a 2004 discovery 2, so I'm a mechanic in training as well!! Lol. It's called Rove Again because this is my second disco. it's a love/hate thing for sure.
Welcome from Idaho... Once you become a professional mechanic for the Rover, that'll make you a novice as a Jeep Mechanic... :tonguewink: lol
Again - welcome to the Overland Bound community...

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hi

My name is Jakes, although in the Army I am known as 'Van'
I have a family of three (growing to 4 in September) and a dog, ex Army Search dog who has suspiciously taken to retirement VERY well!
I drive a 2016 Ford Ranger Wildtrak, 3.2l i5 Diesel
My experience is varied in overlanding, I grew up in South Africa where we did long expeditions in SA and to Mozambique but I now reside in the UK so am cutting about Europe.

My Set-up currently looks like:
View attachment 145211View attachment 145212

We had plans to go explore Northern Spain and France for three weeks starting next Friday but that has now been cancelled due to current events. We are however ready to go once travel restrictions are lifted! in the mean time I will be carrying on the 'build' and planning trips in the UK
Welcome to the OB community Jakes. Nice looking set up you have. Too bad about your trip but hopefully sooner rather than later things will get back to some sense of normalcy.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hello Rodney, welcome to the OB community.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hi Bradley, welcome to the OB commnity.