Enthusiast III

Burbank, CA
First Name
Bryce
Last Name
Drobny
Member #

Hello,

My name is Bryce and I am a cinematographer and photographer living in LA. I grew up camping and exploring CO with family and have always have a love for car camping. My father first introduced me to Land Cruisers when I was young and he bought a 1976 FJ40. Later on I bought my first land cruiser from an old family friend: a 1993 FZJ80 with triple lockers. After the head gasket blew, I had to sell it and finish up school. A few months ago I bought my dream cruiser: a 1993 HDJ80 with the factory 5 speed, triple lockers, LHD, and AC. She came from France and is my daily.

Im excited to learn about all of the places I can now travel to in CA and the people me and my partner will meet.

best,
CFABE129-BC97-4901-86E8-D361F401A0D6.jpeg

Attachments

Last edited:

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hello,

My name is Bryce and I am a cinematographer and photographer living in LA. I grew up camping and exploring CO with family and have always have a love for car camping. My father first introduced me to Land Cruisers when I was young and he bought a 1976 FJ40. Later on I bought my first land cruiser from an old family friend: a 1993 FZJ80 with triple lockers. After the head gasket blew, I had to sell it and finish up school. A few months ago I bought my dream cruiser: a 1993 HDJ80 with the factory 5 speed, triple lockers, LHD, and AC. She came from France and is my daily.

Im excited to learn about all of the places I can now travel to in CA and the people me and my partner will meet.

best,
Hello Bryce, welcome to the OB community.

Reactions: BryceDP

Iwata77

US Multi Region Local Expert OK,KS, MO, AR, TX
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Tulsa, Tulsa County, Oklahoma, United States
First Name
Kate
Last Name
Iwata
Member #

Rig: 2013 FJ Cruiser
Experience: Super novice. Just got my FJ paid off so now wanting to take it out on the road and remote trails and learn from people that know way more then I do. Here’s to adventure and learning.
Hi Ben!
I’m in Tulsa too

We have an Oklahoma sub-forum for more local chit chat Oklahoma overlanders where ya at?

Reactions: Prerunner1982

Will Walsh

Rank 0

Contributor I

toronto
First Name
Will
Last Name
Walsh
Hi guys/gals just retired and want to get out on the road and start exploring. Totally new to this so would love some input regarding what vehicles are with looking at. Thinking a Jeep is probably best with a roof tent.
Again I’m a rookie so please feel free to other advice

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hi guys/gals just retired and want to get out on the road and start exploring. Totally new to this so would love some input regarding what vehicles are with looking at. Thinking a Jeep is probably best with a roof tent.
Again I’m a rookie so please feel free to other advice
Welcome to the OB community Will. Lots of good information on the forums and great people to offer suggestions. I drive a full size Silverado, but there are plenty of people who can talk with you about Jeeps, Tacomas, etc.

Reactions: Will Walsh

CTMountainHiker

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor III

Enfield, CT, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Hurlbut
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
AA1MH
Hi, I am Robert. I am in Connecticut - not very friendly to trails here. But, I recently traveled 11 states (CT, MA, NY, PA, OH, IN, IL, MO, OK, KS, IA) - 4000+ miles - looking for interesting places to go. I am relatively new to overlanding - much camping in the past but not with my Jeep (bought last summer). I have a 2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara. It was recently lifted and fitted with some recovery equipment (winch, etc.) while I was in Oklahoma. I am interested in exploring more of the New England area and beyond.

Instagram: @CTMountainHiker.Jeeper

RobertCTMountainHiker.jpeg

Last edited:

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Kyle (@trailboss20 ), welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. There is a meet up scheduled for April 4th in Round Rock. https://www.overlandbound.com/event/reoccurring-north-central-texas-meet-greet/
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.

Reactions: trailboss20

trailboss20

Rank I

Contributor III

Round Rock, TX, USA
First Name
Kyle
Last Name
Domark
Hello Kyle (@trailboss20 ), welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. There is a meet up scheduled for April 4th in Round Rock. https://www.overlandbound.com/event/reoccurring-north-central-texas-meet-greet/
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.
Sweet! I'll definitely check those out!

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hi, I am Robert. I am in Connecticut - not very friendly to trails here. But, I recently traveled 11 states (CT, MA, NY, PA, OH, IN, IL, MO, OK, KS, IA) - 4000+ miles - looking for interesting places to go. I am relatively new to overlanding - much camping in the past but not with my Jeep (bought last summer). I have a 2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara. It was recently lifted and fitted with some recovery equipment (winch, etc.) while I was in Oklahoma. I am interested in exploring more of the New England area and beyond.

Instagram: @CTMountainHiker.Jeeper

RobertView attachment 144878
Hi Robert, welcome to the OB community. Nice looking Jeep.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
What's up everyone! Glad to be here and see what y'all have going on.

I'm in the Austin, TX area
I have a 2020 Silverado Trail Boss
I am very new to overlanding

I'm just getting into this and I can't wait to get new ideas and tips for what I have planned!

Instagram: @trailboss20

View attachment 144879
Hi Kyle, welcome to the OB community.

WendyB

Rank 0

Contributor I

Anaheim Hills, CA
First Name
Wendy
Last Name
Barnett
Hi! My name is Wendy and I just moved from the Bay Area to Anaheim Hills, CA with two my dogs. I'm SUPER excited to be closer to the desert and the Eastern Sierras. I have a 2014 Trail 4Runner. This pic was taken before the black TRD wheels and Gobi ladder were added. It's time for a new truck glamour shot. : P I'm an overlander that would like to get much more into off-roading this year. I have plans to buy rock sliders and a skid plate before summer.
60007822_10161732798735324_6352572310880256000_o.jpg

ADV_RAV4

Rank 0

Contributor I

Rockford, IL
First Name
Peter
Last Name
Danzl-Tauer
Hello Overland Bound Community,

I consider myself fairly new to overlanding and off-pavement travel, but have been exploring the outdoors regularly over the last several years. I am currently based out of North-Central IL. My current vehicle is a 2002 Toyota RAV4 4WD and can be found on IG @ adv_rav4.

The photo below was taken in Parke County, IN or the 'Covered Bridge Capital of the World' and features 31 covered bridges.
rav063.jpg