Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

Contributor I

Greenville, SC, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Haro
Hey all. I'm sure i'll get some backlash about my vehicles, but, i'm Mike, and this is my 98 Subaru Legacy Outback, and my 98 Honda Crv.

The subaru is lifted 1.5inches all around (soon will be 2/2.5") Automatic, with a Center differential lock, 4.44 gearing, and skid plates. 215/75/15 AT tires will be mounted soon The crv is lifted 2"/2.5", manual transmission, 2010 honda element rear differential, low compression jdm B20 engine, and 225/75/16 Yokohama geolandar g015s

Attachments

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
@armyRN Welcome Paul. I am excited you decided to join Overland Bound. I see you are from Longview Washington. As you probably know, you are in the Northwest Region. The Regional Director is @Kent R . We currently have 4 Member Representatives. @Gabriel Bozeman is the closest to you, he is always planning some kind of adventure, so feel free to message him to find out what he has planned. @Munga Brown is the Member Rep for the Oregon Coast. I (@Slimpartywagon) am the Eastern Oregon Member Representative. @Sandpoint Steve is the Member Representative for Idaho.
The Member Reps are here to help you stay informed on activities going on throughout our region. The director makes sure we are informed as well as knowledge on what is going on in other regions.

Overland Bound has much to offer besides just the forums. By becoming a member, you have access to the Rally Point, where you can set up trips, meetups, or classes. You can also view up coming events on the Rally Point. Member Maps shows you members in your area, trusted shops, campgrounds, dispersed camping, and lots more. Then the biggest advantage (for me at least) is keeping this forum alive.

Reoccurring events in our area:

Tri-Cities Reoccurring Monthly Meetup February 22nd hosted by

Treasure Valley Winter Conference Call and Meetup every 3rd Sunday at 1900 hours Mountain Time; hosted by @ButDad

Inland Northwest Monthly Conference Call on the third Sunday of each month @ 1900 hours PST; hosted by @Sandpoint Steve

Reoccurring 3rd Friday Beer and Gear times and locations change each month; Hosted by @David C Gibbs

La Grande, Oregon: Monthly Coffee, Rigs, and Trails every 3rd Saturday; hosted by @Slimpartywagon

Some key events coming up in 2020:

March 7th Mike and Keys Hamfest in Paullyup, Washington. Doors open at 9:00 am PST. Swap meet, food, and a good time.

June 15-18 WBDAR (Washington Backcountry Discovery Route) Sections 1-3. Starting at “The Bridge of the Gods” explore the Washington Backcountry Route on your way to Plain, Washington for the Northwest Overland Rally.

June 18-21 Northwest Overland Rally in Plain, Washington. Great for new and experienced Overlanders a like.Camping, Classes, trail rides, and great times. Preregistration is open now through March 31st tickets will also be available at the gate. RSVP by May 31stto camp with fellow Overland Bound members, Families and Friends.

July 3-6 4th of July Weekend at 2 Rivers Ranch in Dayville, Oregon. Join @2RiversRanchExpeditions as they host the adventure of the summer. the adventure starts on July 3rd with a potluck dinner, campfire, and camping at 2 Rivers Ranch. Drive through Dayville in the 4th of July Parade as we take to the trails for 3 more days of exploring and camping.

September 4-7 Labor Day Weekend, First Northwest Overland Bound Regional Campout. This event is still in the planning stages with exact times and locations still be worked on.

Keep checking the Member Meetups for things coming up in your area.

Overlanding by Region also has trips and destinations along with other news for The Northwest Region.

Mike Rose

OB #20990

Northwest Overland Member Representative

Reactions: Kent R

AdventureGuy

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

San Antonio, TX, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Paul
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N4SAP
@armyRN Welcome Paul. I am excited you decided to join Overland Bound. I see you are from Longview Washington. As you probably know, you are in the Northwest Region. The Regional Director is @Kent R . We currently have 4 Member Representatives. @Gabriel Bozeman is the closest to you, he is always planning some kind of adventure, so feel free to message him to find out what he has planned. @Munga Brown is the Member Rep for the Oregon Coast. I (@Slimpartywagon) am the Eastern Oregon Member Representative. @Sandpoint Steve is the Member Representative for Idaho.
The Member Reps are here to help you stay informed on activities going on throughout our region. The director makes sure we are informed as well as knowledge on what is going on in other regions.

Overland Bound has much to offer besides just the forums. By becoming a member, you have access to the Rally Point, where you can set up trips, meetups, or classes. You can also view up coming events on the Rally Point. Member Maps shows you members in your area, trusted shops, campgrounds, dispersed camping, and lots more. Then the biggest advantage (for me at least) is keeping this forum alive.

Reoccurring events in our area:

Tri-Cities Reoccurring Monthly Meetup February 22nd hosted by

Treasure Valley Winter Conference Call and Meetup every 3rd Sunday at 1900 hours Mountain Time; hosted by @ButDad

Inland Northwest Monthly Conference Call on the third Sunday of each month @ 1900 hours PST; hosted by @Sandpoint Steve

Reoccurring 3rd Friday Beer and Gear times and locations change each month; Hosted by @David C Gibbs

La Grande, Oregon: Monthly Coffee, Rigs, and Trails every 3rd Saturday; hosted by @Slimpartywagon

Some key events coming up in 2020:

March 7th Mike and Keys Hamfest in Paullyup, Washington. Doors open at 9:00 am PST. Swap meet, food, and a good time.

June 15-18 WBDAR (Washington Backcountry Discovery Route) Sections 1-3. Starting at “The Bridge of the Gods” explore the Washington Backcountry Route on your way to Plain, Washington for the Northwest Overland Rally.

June 18-21 Northwest Overland Rally in Plain, Washington. Great for new and experienced Overlanders a like.Camping, Classes, trail rides, and great times. Preregistration is open now through March 31st tickets will also be available at the gate. RSVP by May 31stto camp with fellow Overland Bound members, Families and Friends.

July 3-6 4th of July Weekend at 2 Rivers Ranch in Dayville, Oregon. Join @2RiversRanchExpeditions as they host the adventure of the summer. the adventure starts on July 3rd with a potluck dinner, campfire, and camping at 2 Rivers Ranch. Drive through Dayville in the 4th of July Parade as we take to the trails for 3 more days of exploring and camping.

September 4-7 Labor Day Weekend, First Northwest Overland Bound Regional Campout. This event is still in the planning stages with exact times and locations still be worked on.

Keep checking the Member Meetups for things coming up in your area.

Overlanding by Region also has trips and destinations along with other news for The Northwest Region.

Mike Rose

OB #20990

Northwest Overland Member Representative
Michael,

Unfortunately I'm in San Antonio, TX. I love the NW and get up there as often as I can. Looks like a lot of activities in your region. I'll have to check out the Texas and SW areas.

Thanks

Reactions: Kent R and M Rose

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Michael,

Unfortunately I'm in San Antonio, TX. I love the NW and get up there as often as I can. Looks like a lot of activities in your region. I'll have to check out the Texas and SW areas.

Thanks
Scott, there are also a lot of activities in your area. You are in the Southwest Region, check out Overland By Region-Southwest for information about what is going on in your area.

also check out Overland Bound Meetups for campouts, meet and greets, trail rides, and other activities going on in your area.

@brien is your Regional Director f contact him with your questions regarding who your closest member rep is as well as information regarding activities that might not yet be posted.

One last thing , as a paid member you have access to the Rally Point where you can create your own events. Most of the events I post are events put on by regular paid members who let me know what they are doing so I can in turn promote these activities to the newcomers to get maximum exposure.

if you have any more questions feel free to direct message me @Slimpartywagon and I will gladly help you out however I can, and for what I don’t know, I can find the answers for you.

TRUBRIT

Rank 0

Contributor I

Boone, NC, USA
First Name
Roland
Last Name
Bubb
Greetings all. I have travelled a bit on 2 and 4 wheels and afloat. Still consider myself a Novice at off the beaten track stuff. First big trip was out West in '16 to Montana, Wyoming and Colorado. 5200 mIles and 12 States. The trip was a success but barely scratched my Travel itch. Work got in the way the past 3 years but this June we are West bound again to the GC and Utah. Looking to make use of the info on here from you seasoned Aventurers. Rig specs below, still a work in progress.
2015 Tundra 1794
3/1 lift. Spacers all round. 34" BFG KO2s on stock rims.
APEX offroad Steel rack with Tepui Autana sky with annex.
Decked drawer system with Front runner gas and water can mounts on the deck. Full size spare sits in the bed.

Attachments

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Greetings all. I have travelled a bit on 2 and 4 wheels and afloat. Still consider myself a Novice at off the beaten track stuff. First big trip was out West in '16 to Montana, Wyoming and Colorado. 5200 mIles and 12 States. The trip was a success but barely scratched my Travel itch. Work got in the way the past 3 years but this June we are West bound again to the GC and Utah. Looking to make use of the info on here from you seasoned Aventurers. Rig specs below, still a work in progress.
2015 Tundra 1794
Decked drawer system with Front runner gas and water can mounts on the deck. Full size spare sits in the bed.
Welcome To Overland Bound

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @NC-Trooper

For your trip West, our Rocky Mountain Director is @Cendee

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey all. I'm sure i'll get some backlash about my vehicles, but, i'm Mike, and this is my 98 Subaru Legacy Outback, and my 98 Honda Crv.

The subaru is lifted 1.5inches all around (soon will be 2/2.5") Automatic, with a Center differential lock, 4.44 gearing, and skid plates. 215/75/15 AT tires will be mounted soon The crv is lifted 2"/2.5", manual transmission, 2010 honda element rear differential, low compression jdm B20 engine, and 225/75/16 Yokohama geolandar g015s

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @NC-Trooper

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Howdy from Florida.

I’d say I’m an beginner overlander. My wife and I have done some camping and off-roading around the country. I recently stumbled on to the world and community of overlanding. I’m looking forward to learning more and making some new friends.

Jeep JK, lightly modded
GMC Sierra k1500 4x4

Thanks for having me,
G

Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @radwelder

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi I'm Paul. I'm in SW WA.

My main rig is a very modified 98 Jeep TJ, and a little home-made trailer.

I'm somewhat experienced. Seems like I was doing this before it was called "Overlanding". I'm hoping to do more of it.
View attachment 139482
Welcome to Overland Bound!
Currently I am your Regional Director @Kent R, don't hesitate to contact me for help or information. The NW Member Representatives are @Gabriel Bozeman WA, @Sandpoint Steve ID, @Slimpartywagon Eastern OR, @Munga Brown OR Coast.

Nice set up.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello All,

Out of order, but here it is...

• I'm in Conifer Colorado
  • I have a 2016 4Runner
  • I'm really a novice at overlanding, but looking to learn and do more. I do have experience with off-roading, camping and just enjoying myself out in nature.

Welcome to Overland Bound!

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Cendee for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Neal A. Tew

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello,

1) No picture yet, I'll work on that
2) Simpsonville, SC
3) '02 Tacoma Prerunner
4) No experience, looking for some easy roads to start while I look for 4x4's to get into it deeper

Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Reactions: mdhenninger

Munga Brown

US Northwest Region Member Rep Oregon
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Central OR Coast
First Name
Martin
Last Name
S.
Member #

Hi I'm Paul. I'm in SW WA.

My main rig is a very modified 98 Jeep TJ, and a little home-made trailer.

I'm somewhat experienced. Seems like I was doing this before it was called "Overlanding". I'm hoping to do more of it.
View attachment 139482
Hey Paul, sweet set up! I'm one of your member reps, along with @Gabriel Bozeman, @Slimpartywagon, & @Sandpoint Steve (if you move your cursor under the names, you'll see they're links & you can use the link to send a direct message). If you have any questions, don't hesitate to give one of us a shout. Welcome to OB!

Munga Brown

Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Central OR Coast
First Name
Martin
Last Name
S.
Member #

No backlash! Nice, capable unit. Welcome to OB!

Munga Brown

Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Central OR Coast
First Name
Martin
Last Name
S.
Member #

2015 Tundra 1794
Welcome! Grab yourself a backscratcher and get to work! There's a lot of great folks with a ton of information here. Enjoy!

Sweethome7374

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Apollo Beach, FL, USA
First Name
Trey
Last Name
Ray
Member #

Good afternoon. My name is Trey and I am new to overlanding. We currently live in the Tampa area. I am prepping for a trip with my father to the White Rim Trail. It is a bucket list trip for him. My wife and kids are excited about the trip. I currently own a 97 FZJ 80 we are restoring and a 2015 Tundra Crewmax we are building.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Good afternoon. My name is Trey and I am new to overlanding. We currently live in the Tampa area. I am prepping for a trip with my father to the White Rim Trail. It is a bucket list trip for him. My wife and kids are excited about the trip. I currently own a 97 FZJ 80 we are restoring and a 2015 Tundra Crewmax we are building.
Welcome Trey