Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hey everyone, my name is Hunter and im from outside of Nashville, TN. Just recently picked up a 2017 tacoma sr5 and have been wanting to get back into "overlanding" for some time, however my vehicle at the time was a limiting factor.
I've actually been overlanding since before it was really a household term. Growing up my parents had a lance slide in camper they hauled in dad's old dodge cummins and we went everywhere. Fast forward to my young adulthood and i was camping out of vehicles while in the Marine Corps, constantly setting up camp and moving out before the sun came up.
Already finding a ton of great info on the forum and site. Look forward to meeting with members in my AO.
Welcome to Overland Bound

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hello, located in Western WA, driving a 2015 Outback. Lots of camping and backpacking experience in the PNW. Getting into setting my car up to be off-grid and self-sustaining.

Reactions: Kent R

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hey Everyone!
From Edmonton Alberta
Rig is a 2019 Chevy Colorado
I would consider myself a novice Overlander but have been camping and exploring my whole life, also fun fact I did a 2 month van trip around BC and Alberta!

View attachment 119639

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
hey guys..names justin super excited to be apart of this community
from Long Island NY
rig : 2013 jeep wrangler Sahara
experience : novice
but i am willing to be apart of any community program.
thank you in advance

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Greetings everyone, I may have jumped the gun posting an intro outside this sticky thread but forgive me for I am new haha. I'm from Los Angeles, CA and I drive a 2013 Toyota Tundra Crewmax. My overland experience falls somewhere in between novice and mildly experienced. I try to be conscious of safe practices I.e gear prep, situational awareness, common sense. I tend to be very bad at uploading new pictures on the computer so I'll make an effort to be better at it haha. I prefer Function over Form which i guess is a very debatabe topic. I'm asked constantly why are my tires so small and my main response is I haven't changed my gear ratio yet. I look forward to meeting everyone!

View attachment 119711
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
US West - OverlandBound Westside LA Meetup

If you have any questions message your Regional Director on the forum at @Narbob

I am one of the U.S. West Member Representatives, if there is anything I can do to help message me at @Magic Mike
If you have any questions message your Regional Director on the forum at @Narbob

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Howdy! Greg Miller here. Bremerton, WA.
2013 Toyota Tacoma Offroad with virtually no upgrades aside from a canopy. So far :)
Complete rookie with a brand new Garmin In Reach, loads of hiking/camping gear, and 7yrs Marine Corps Infantry experience. LOL!
Also a Registered Nurse 15 1/2yrs experience, over 10 of that ER exp. I have a pretty large first aid kit! View attachment 119717
Welcome to Overland Bound from one former 0311 to another and thank you for your service...

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hello!

Rig: 2018 Jlu rubicon
Experience: Fair amount of experience camping; A good amount of experience Trail riding and crawling. Minimal experience doing both together ;).
Welcome to Overland Bound.. I love Colorado, I use to live in Wheatridge and Colorado Springs..

Morehouse Expedition

Rank VI
Launch Member

Explorer I

Utah, USA
First Name
Rick
Last Name
Morehouse
Member #

Service Branch
I.S. Navy
New Members,

Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

A few things you might want to include in your introduction are:

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location (General area is fine)
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

We're glad you've found us and look forward to sharing our adventures with you!

In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:

From @administrator
  • Overlanding is: "Vehicle Dependent Travel". Nothing else.
  • We will not further define "overlanding".
  • "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
  • You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
  • Encourage uncomplicated ventures into the great outdoors. Don't over pack.
  • Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
  • Share without reservation, trip locations, and information.
  • It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
  • We do not care about make or model.
  • We do not engage in "this is better than that" competitions.
  • We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
  • Humility.
  • We respect, fear, and protect nature.
  • "I don't know" is a great answer.
  • We don’t brag about exploits.
  • We seek answers from the community when we don’t know.
  • We engage in the very smallest of interactions.

CapDragunov

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Québec , Canada
First Name
Sebastien
Last Name
Briard
Member #

Hello everery one ! My name is Sebastien I am from Quebec , Canada, Laurentide region. I am really new to overlanding , I was more of a motorcycle guy , on and off road . I just bought a 2016 Subaru Forester , I know not the typical choice but since this is my daily driver I needed the fuel "economy". The rig is stock for now but a lift kit is already on order , what so ever the Forester is much more capable then I tought for a little SUV. Anyways hope to see you in the great outdoors , adventure is nessesery !

Ps: sorry for the bad english , not my first language.20190802_170228.jpeg20190608_110856.jpeg20190608_111018.jpeg

Morehouse Expedition

Rank VI
Launch Member

Explorer I

Utah, USA
First Name
Rick
Last Name
Morehouse
Member #

Service Branch
I.S. Navy
Hey everyone glad to be part of this community. My Name is Rick my wife is Denise. Currently the only rig we have is a 05 explorer and if you look at the pic you will understand while my daughter and I were injured we lost our beloved Jenna Jeep that we were just starting to build up but as we are new here we are beginning with a search for a new rig let’s here your suggestions simple base models are fine

Attachments

64Trvlr

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Northern AZ
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Trvlr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK7NAZ
Service Branch
MM1 US Navy
Hey everyone glad to be part of this community. My Name is Rick my wife is Denise. Currently the only rig we have is a 05 explorer and if you look at the pic you will understand while my daughter and I were injured we lost our beloved Jenna Jeep that we were just starting to build up but as we are new here we are beginning with a search for a new rig let’s here your suggestions simple base models are fine
WOW, what happened to that nice Jeep?

I hope you and your wife are ok.

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hello everery one ! My name is Sebastien I am from Quebec , Canada, Laurentide region. I am really new to overlanding , I was more of a motorcycle guy , on and off road . I just bought a 2016 Subaru Forester , I know not the typical choice but since this is my daily driver I needed the fuel "economy". The rig is stock for now but a lift kit is already on order , what so ever the Forester is much more capable then I tought for a little SUV. Anyways hope to see you in the great outdoors , adventure is nessesery !

Ps: sorry for the bad english , not my first language.View attachment 120382View attachment 120383View attachment 120384

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps

TK_Homebound

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

West Chester, PA, USA
First Name
Tomasz
Last Name
Kazimierczyk
Member #

Hey Everyone! Thanks for having me on board. My name is Tomasz, but everuone can call me Tom. I currently reside in West Chester, PA, in college right now but plan to travel all around the US and the world right after (2.5 years to go!)
My rig is a 1997 Toyota 4runner SR5, currently simply setup on 33s, bumper, and lift. I am adding heaps on mods coming up soon! My rig is special, because it is a 5 speed which is pretty uncommon on these 3rd gens, and also it is sitting at 340k miles currently, but dosent miss a beat!
Feel free to add me on Facebook, Tomasz Kazimierczyk. I plan to setup an Instagram once I start overlanding more to document everything.
Thank you.
22.jpg

Okiegonian

Rank I

Contributor III

Eugene, OR
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Macemon
IMG_4910.jpg

Hey this is Michael. I've been a backpacker, mountain biker, and skier for most of my life. Now with young kids, I'm finding that everything takes tons more planning than I'm used to. It's worth it though, and we definitely get out there. Getting away from paved roads and busy campgrounds helps my sanity, especially with good friends along for the adventure!
- Eugene, OR
- 1988 Toyota FJ62 Land Cruiser
- I guess I've been overlanding without knowing it for a long time. Currently inspired to get better organized so we can head for the woods on a whim!