• HTML tutorial

pdxplorer15

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Beaverton, OR
Member #

Hi All,

My name is Fred and my wife (aka co-conspirator and navigator) is Chylo. I finally got off of my behind and joined up. I'm very much looking forward to being part of this growing community!

Rig: 2015 Toyota 4Runner Trail Premium, aka Mergatroid!
Overlanding Experience: Intermediate, perhaps? I've done a fair bit of 4-Wheeling over the years (more years than I want to admit). Previous rigs have been 3 Jeeps and 3 Cruisers. I've only owned one car, my first vehicle, and I think it unlikely I'll ever own another. I've spent a fair bit of time backcountry exploring, camping, backbacking and hiking. However, self-contained/extended vehicle-based travel is something relatively new to me. I think I've always been an overlander at heart, I just didn't have a name for it. :wink:

Here are a couple photos of Mergatroid, one from last summer's trip to Painted Hills, OR and another from last weekend exploring the forest in the Coast Range. We've had him for about a year and are making slow, but steady progress in getting him outfitted. Cheers!

TheMcCalls

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Auburn, WA
Member #

Hi All,

My name is Fred and my wife (aka co-conspirator and navigator) is Chylo. I finally got off of my behind and joined up. I'm very much looking forward to being part of this growing community!

Overlanding Experience: Intermediate, perhaps? I've done a fair bit of 4-Wheeling over the years (more years than I want to admit). Previous rigs have been 3 Jeeps and 3 Cruisers. I've only owned one car, my first vehicle, and I think it unlikely I'll ever own another. I've spent a fair bit of time backcountry exploring, camping, backbacking and hiking. However, self-contained/extended vehicle-based travel is something relatively new to me. I think I've always been an overlander at heart, I just didn't have a name for it. :wink:

Here are a couple photos of Mergatroid, one from last summer's trip to Painted Hills, OR and another from last weekend exploring the forest in the Coast Range. We've had him for about a year and are making slow, but steady progress in getting him outfitted. Cheers!

Welcome! Sweet rig!.

We're up near Seattle. If you ever want to come stomp around up here, hollar!

Reactions: pdxplorer15

WCO_Ryan

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Napa ca
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Hackett
Member #

Hi All,

welcome to the family! great rig!

pdxplorer15

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Beaverton, OR
Member #

Welcome! Sweet rig!.

We're up near Seattle. If you ever want to come stomp around up here, hollar!
@TheMcCalls Thank you for the welcome! Definitely! I've done no exploring up there yet, but I do come up to Seattle every so often. I'll ping you if/when I do. Likewise, if you're ever down here, drop me a note!

welcome to the family! great rig!
@Northern_XS Thank you as well for the welcome and compliment! Mergatroid is probably blushing right now. :smile:

jkxranger

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Oregon
First Name
Adrian
Last Name
Simms
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC7CJB
Hi All,

Welcome to the group, good to see Oregon is being represented here.

HoneyBadgerXJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Irvine, CA, USA
First Name
Joey
Last Name
Treadwell
Member #

IMG_0050.JPG Hello everyone! Im Joey and I'm super excited to be a part of the overland community. I consider myself to be kind of in between a novice and intermediate overlander. I've been overlanding for about a year now with my 1996 Cherokee XJ named Honey Badger. I try to hit trails and any kind of non paved environment as much as possible. I've been enjoying the outdoors since I was a kid growing up in Maine. I love to camp and go hiking and really anything outdoors. I live in Lemoore California at the moment.

Rogue Beardsman

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Rotonda West, Florida
Member #

View attachment 9570 Hello everyone! Im Joey and I'm super excited to be a part of the overland community. I consider myself to be kind of in between a novice and intermediate overlander. I've been overlanding for about a year now with my 1996 Cherokee XJ named Honey Badger. I try to hit trails and any kind of non paved environment as much as possible. I've been enjoying the outdoors since I was a kid growing up in Maine. I love to camp and go hiking and really anything outdoors. I live in Lemoore California at the moment.
Welcome to the group!

Reactions: HoneyBadgerXJ

Billy "Poserlander" Badly

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

PDX, OR, USA
Member #

Hi All,

Beastly looking rig! Really love those 4Runners...

Kelly

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Member Rep
Launch Member

Traveler III

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Kelly
Last Name
Herrin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KFØDEX
View attachment 9570 Hello everyone! Im Joey and I'm super excited to be a part of the overland community. I consider myself to be kind of in between a novice and intermediate overlander. I've been overlanding for about a year now with my 1996 Cherokee XJ named Honey Badger. I try to hit trails and any kind of non paved environment as much as possible. I've been enjoying the outdoors since I was a kid growing up in Maine. I love to camp and go hiking and really anything outdoors. I live in Lemoore California at the moment.
Hi Joey! Welcome to the group! I was born in Wasco. I've got relatives in Lemoore. Steve Perry (Journey) was in my cousins band...
IMG_3533.jpg
My cousin on drums. Steve on the left.

Kelly

Launch Member

Traveler III

First Name
Kelly
Last Name
Herrin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KFØDEX
Hi All,

Hi Fred. Nice rig. Welcome!

Reactions: pdxplorer15

Kelly

Launch Member

Traveler III

First Name
Kelly
Last Name
Herrin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KFØDEX
I became a member a few weeks ago but just now getting around to introducing myself! Excited to be apart of the group and look forward to learning new stuff. A bit about me:

Rig 1: 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee limited. 5.7 HEMI. Quadradrive II.
Rig 2: 1990 Jeep XJ lifted with other goodies. (For sale)

Experience: mostly just off-roading on trails. Taking my first true Overlanding trip in March with the wife. Driving from Northern VA to Utah in the Grand Cherokee. Rig is currently stock but putting on an OME kit, JBA arms,and tires soon. Good to meet you all and can hopefully meet some folks out on the trails!
Welcome Fellow Grand Cherokee Driver!!! Great to have you aboard!

pdxplorer15

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Beaverton, OR
Member #

Hi Joey, I'm new here too, but welcome. Digging your XJ! That was my first Jeep and I still miss her. Yours looks quite a bit more built than mine was. Cheers! :)

Reactions: HoneyBadgerXJ

pdxplorer15

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Beaverton, OR
Member #

Armostunt

Rank III
Launch Member

Member III

First Name
Yego
Last Name
Tadevosyan
Member #

Hello I'm Eric from Glendale CA.
I have a 2016 4runner and a 2016 f150 FX4 that I use for work. I'm a plumber. Still thinking which truck to mod. 4runnee is my family car, we have 3 daughters under 5 years old. I know 4 runner is better, but don't want to lose the trunk space because of the kids. The f150 is 5.0 crew cab 6.5 bed. It's long and turning socks. I love the outdoors and any kind of overland.

Kelly

Launch Member

Traveler III

First Name
Kelly
Last Name
Herrin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KFØDEX
Hello I'm Eric from Glendale CA.
I have a 2016 4runner and a 2016 f150 FX4 that I use for work. I'm a plumber. Still thinking which truck to mod. 4runnee is my family car, we have 3 daughters under 5 years old. I know 4 runner is better, but don't want to lose the trunk space because of the kids. The f150 is 5.0 crew cab 6.5 bed. It's long and turning socks. I love the outdoors and any kind of overland.
Welcome Eric!

Jim Newell

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Good day all.
Happy to be part of this community. I can't get overlanding off my mind.
Love to build rigs.
Currently enjoying the fruits of my labour on a 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD.

I still have my 1984 SWB G Wagon if I need to get "off the charts" serious:)

Looking for other East Coast like minded folks.

I'll likely try to visit this site as much as possible. Keep up the good energy.

Cheers,
Jim

m$_35.JPGP8111988.JPGP8111990.JPG

Kelly

Launch Member

Traveler III

First Name
Kelly
Last Name
Herrin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KFØDEX
Good day all.
Love to build rigs.

I'll likely try to visit this site as much as possible. Keep up the good energy.

Cheers,
Jim

mView attachment 9603View attachment 9604View attachment 9605
Welcome Jim! Great to have you on board. Nice-looking rig!!!

Reactions: Jim Newell

O.Dfj

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Foothill Farms
Member #

Good day all.
Love to build rigs.

Cheers,
Jim

mView attachment 9603View attachment 9604View attachment 9605
@Rubilocal you need to step up your liberty game.