Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

New Members,

Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

A few things you might want to include in your introduction are:

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location (General area is fine)
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

We're glad you've found us and look forward to sharing our adventures with you!

In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:

From @administrator
  • Overlanding is: "Vehicle Dependent Travel". Nothing else.
  • We will not further define "overlanding".
  • "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
  • You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
  • Encourage uncomplicated ventures into the great outdoors. Don't over pack.
  • Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
  • Share without reservation, trip locations, and information.
  • It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
  • We do not care about make or model.
  • We do not engage in "this is better than that" competitions.
  • We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
  • Humility.
  • We respect, fear, and protect nature.
  • "I don't know" is a great answer.
  • We don’t brag about exploits.
  • We seek answers from the community when we don’t know.
  • We engage in the very smallest of interactions.
I’m John from southwest Indiana. Retired and joined OB specifically to help me explore the Pacific Northwest. I’ve outfitted my 04 GX470 bought two years ago just for this. I’ve followed your family and Michael for some years now prior to retirement. Your daughter is really growing up.
Hallo John
Welcome to OBO
Greetings from Sweden
WBR
Bengt N

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
I’m John from southwest Indiana. Retired and joined OB specifically to help me explore the Pacific Northwest. I’ve outfitted my 04 GX470 bought two years ago just for this. I’ve followed your family and Michael for some years now prior to retirement. Your daughter is really growing up.
Hello John, welcome to Overland Bound.

Reactions: El-Dracho

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello overland peeps. Been off-roading in my 2000 Nissan Xterra for 22 years, but have only been in the overlanding gig for 1 year now and really enjoy it. I dove in head-first and did a rear seat delete and built a sleep platform and kitchen/drawer system in March of last year. Since then, I've done about a dozen overnight trips and four multi-day trips with a local group to the Fla Adventure Trail and the GA Traverse twice in opposite directions. So I'm still dialing in my rig, but as it stands right now, I'm happy with it.

Can't wait to spend more time overlanding once I retire from the military...probably within the next year. I have so many spots picked out to explore out West.

I look forward to the information that this community can provide.View attachment 277882View attachment 277879View attachment 277874View attachment 277875View attachment 277876View attachment 277877
Hello and welcome to the OB family.