Lifestyle Overland Presents: The Enchanted Rockies Trail

• HTML tutorial

TheDarkKnight

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Harrisburg, NC
Member #

I am going to be traveling through this area around May 10-20th. Do you have any idea about road conditions currently or can anyone please point me in the right direction to try and figure out if these certain roads will be open? Any help would be appreciated cause I'm really looking forward to doing this trail!

Reactions: Lifestyle Overland

Lifestyle Overland

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

United States
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
McCuiston
Member #

I am going to be traveling through this area around May 10-20th. Do you have any idea about road conditions currently or can anyone please point me in the right direction to try and figure out if these certain roads will be open? Any help would be appreciated cause I'm really looking forward to doing this trail!
What portion of the trail were you looking into? New Mexico should be fine, it's when you get up into Colorado when it can get tricky.

VisualUniverse

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Frisco, TX
Member #

I appreciate everything Lifestyle Overland has done to document this trail and share the route. Residing in the Dallas, TX area, it isn't easy for me to go scout routes in NM/CO/AZ/UT. Thanks to LO, the ERT route details helped me plan 2 separate trips...one in NM, and one in CO. I used the route as a basis for each, but sometimes chose a different path in various sections. First trip took place March 2017 with a group of guys I usually travel with. We named the trip "Enchanted Rim Trail" -- we started in Corona, NM and worked our way south over 4 days, ending in Carlsbad & Guadalupe Mountains NP. Photos from this trip:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/visual-universe/sets/72157678220073193

Next trip was my 4 week solo adventure to Canyonlands NP, Yellowstone NP, Glacier NP, Canada, and finishing with the solar eclipse in central Wyoming. When I got to CO, I hopped on a section of the ERT and headed north for 2 days. A few photos from that portion of the trip:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/visual-universe/albums/72157666012942567 <-- Colorado ERT photos (not a lot, as it was raining a lot)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/visual-universe/albums/72157687884065126 <-- entire 4 week trip

Eventually I hope to cover the entire route.

TheDarkKnight

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Harrisburg, NC
Member #

Pecos to Angel fire to gsdnp and maybe Corona if the roads are bad in Colorado since I was trying to do some trails in telluride

Sent from my Pixel 2 using OB Talk mobile app
Does anyone have any information on trail info for Angel fire to gsdnp? I will not be doing any other the other sections and I will be leaving in almost 2 weeks and I want to reserve campsite at gsdnp unless anyone knows some pull of spots around that area that I could possibly camp at and not have to pay for a campground

Sent from my Pixel 2 using OB Talk mobile app