Lifestyle Overland Presents: The Enchanted Rockies Trail

• HTML tutorial

TrooperATX

Rank I

Contributor III

Subscribed! Sharing w/the wife; maybe we'll hit up this same route. Not new to the outdoors (I backpack, kayak, and kayak camp multiple nights), but new to Overlanding. Just got a new 2016 4Runner SR5 (3"/2" lift) and ready to hit the trails.

Thanks for some inspiration.

Reactions: Lifestyle Overland

Lifestyle Overland

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

United States
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
McCuiston
Member #

Here's an early Christmas present from the Lifestyle Overland family!
Part II is now live on the YouTubes!

Merry Christmas to you all!

Reactions: Todd H2os

Lifestyle Overland

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

United States
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
McCuiston
Member #

Me and my wife really liked this first video. Seems like we do pretty a similar style of overlanding as you guys. Just had our second kid so getting excited for a big trip in May 017'. Were you serious about doing an Alaska trip next year when you posted in the Dream destination thread?
Yes, we are seriously looking at Alaska. We still need a few things to line up though.
Congrats on the addition! Where are you headed in '17?

Loved it! Can't wait for the next one.
Thanks! Part II is now live! (See post above!)

Reactions: Ontario Overland

Lifestyle Overland

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

United States
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
McCuiston
Member #

Subscribed! Sharing w/the wife; maybe we'll hit up this same route. Not new to the outdoors (I backpack, kayak, and kayak camp multiple nights), but new to Overlanding. Just got a new 2016 4Runner SR5 (3"/2" lift) and ready to hit the trails.

Thanks for some inspiration.
Awesome! Thanks for the feedback and hope you all get to run this route sometime!

Ironhide Fx4

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

VT
Member #

Great job on the videos. I stumbled onto them yesterday on YouTube. How do you feel about your RTT with a family? I'm going to look at a CVT Mt. Rainier tomorrow.

C.L.Gravy

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Krum, Tx
Member #

Great job on the videos. I stumbled onto them yesterday on YouTube. How do you feel about your RTT with a family? I'm going to look at a CVT Mt. Rainier tomorrow.
Great videos. The wife, boy and I are planning on hitting this trail in the early summer. Probably stop around Colorado Springs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: Ironhide Fx4

Lifestyle Overland

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

United States
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
McCuiston
Member #

@Ironhide Fx4 Love having an RTT for the family! Just have to train the little ones some ladder safety and keep the screen zipped when they are up top.
How many kids do you have? Have you looked at the 23Zero tents? I have some comments on the CVTs we can discuss offline.

Lifestyle Overland

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

United States
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
McCuiston
Member #

Great videos. The wife, boy and I are planning on hitting this trail in the early summer. Probably stop around Colorado Springs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using OB Talk mobile app
That's so awesome! We are going to focus on getting the GPS data finalized by the end of February. Feel free to email or message us with any questions!

Reactions: C.L.Gravy

Ironhide Fx4

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

VT
Member #

@Ironhide Fx4 Love having an RTT for the family! Just have to train the little ones some ladder safety and keep the screen zipped when they are up top.
How many kids do you have? Have you looked at the 23Zero tents? I have some comments on the CVTs we can discuss offline.
I have a 3 month old now. Planning on a second soon. Ladder safety was one of the concerns. I found a used cvt mt. Rainier for cheap.

I wouldn't mind hearing what you have to say. PM me when you have a chance.

Colorado Yeti

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Fort Collins, Colorado
Member #

Watched your video a few nights ago. Haven't seen the videos from the Estes Park area yet, but look forward to it, seeing as it's nearly in my backyard. I enjoy seeing families on adventures, especially with young kids. I have 4 kids of my own and bring them along on many of our trips, but it seems like many of the Overlanders leave the kids at home. Keep it up.

Ironhide Fx4

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

VT
Member #

Watched your video a few nights ago. Haven't seen the videos from the Estes Park area yet, but look forward to it, seeing as it's nearly in my backyard. I enjoy seeing families on adventures, especially with young kids. I have 4 kids of my own and bring them along on many of our trips, but it seems like many of the Overlanders leave the kids at home. Keep it up.
It does seem that way. My wife and I always liked camping. However we are doubling down on overlanding BECAUSE we have a child. I want her to experience the world any way she can. This is the best way for us to give her that.

Colorado Yeti

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Fort Collins, Colorado
Member #

It does seem that way. My wife and I always liked camping. However we are doubling down on overlanding BECAUSE we have a child. I want her to experience the world any way she can. This is the best way for us to give her that.
That's great. I feel the same way. Every year we try to do a couple bigger trips with all 6 of us in the pop-up, but then I'll take the 2 boys out into the backcountry for a couple of nights, sometimes with a few other friends. The girls stay home and pamper themselves. Then I'll do the same with the 2 girls a few weeks later and the boys will stay home with my wife and do boy stuff. It works for us now and everyone enjoys it. I think I'd need a Land Cruiser, or the like, with a RTT and then a trailer with another RTT to fit us all, or install a lift and some mud terrains on the pop-up. ;-) In my world right now, our kids are pretty young (4,7,8,10) and so the adventures with the kids are great to watch and be a part of. Maybe that's why those videos and Overlanders hit close to home.

Lifestyle Overland

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

United States
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
McCuiston
Member #

Thanks for the feedback! We love traveling as a family and hope to encourage more people to get out there and instill a sense of adventure in their own kids. We've already gotten so many emails and messages saying things like, "I showed this to my wife and we are going to start taking our *insert 4WD vehicle* on weekend adventures!" or "Your video sealed it, we are getting a tent and hitting the trails.". It is so awesome to be a part of a growing community that seeks to disconnect with hectic life and plug into adventure.

Reactions: Steve and C.L.Gravy