Rank III

Enthusiast I

Tempe, Arizona, United States
First Name
Jacq and Jeremy
Last Name
Davis
Member #

It doesnt REALLY matter, though, right?! We are all after the same thing and I mean it that's a kick@$$ ride
Totally agree with you! That is why I joined the group too.

Zyra hates having the "doggles" on, we are trying to train her to wear it more often to protect her eyes from thorny brushes in AZ when we go on rides.

Last edited:

MrWilsonWJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Kennewick, WA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

Totally agree with you! That is why I joined the group too.

Zyra hates having the "doggles" on, we are trying to train her to wear it more often to protect her eyes from thorny brushes in AZ when we go on rides.
Off topic for this thread, but have you tried training her without the lenses in? When we got some for our dog we spent the first month or so taking her for walks without the lenses to get her used to wearing them, then put in the clear and finally moved to the smoked.

Annnd so the mods don't get mad here's a picture of my full sized on the trail, not usually it's job but the jeep was down and I wanted to go camping so the big girl went to the woods.

20200705_171416.jpg

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
Just the lower plastic air dam. 2 small notches had to be made.
I pulled the air dam off, because I kept hitting it. The bar is one that is often used on cop cars, so it used the stock recovery hook openings to tie into the frame.
I like that Warn tray you have. Similar to an idea I’ve had for a while.

Attachments

j2dxplr

Rank III

Enthusiast I

Tempe, Arizona, United States
First Name
Jacq and Jeremy
Last Name
Davis
Member #

Off topic for this thread, but have you tried training her without the lenses in? When we got some for our dog we spent the first month or so taking her for walks without the lenses to get her used to wearing them, then put in the clear and finally moved to the smoked.

Annnd so the mods don't get mad here's a picture of my full sized on the trail, not usually it's job but the jeep was down and I wanted to go camping so the big girl went to the woods.

View attachment 226007
She does not mind the lenses, but hates the feel of the goggle frame on her face. I think it itches her.

Reactions: Desert Runner

Desert Runner

Rank VII
Launch Member

Expedition Master III

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
She does not mind the lenses, but hates the feel of the goggle frame on her face. I think it itches her.
My sister and BIL's dog loves them, because it means seat time in the SxS utv. She gets very excited.............., lets go, lets go,.......go now:sunglasses: . She will climb aboard by herself and sit in the passenger seat waiting. Some dogs just take it as a way to an end, so they at least tolerate them, until it means something they look forward too.

Reactions: j2dxplr

NBeard78

Rank III
Investor

Enthusiast II

Red Lodge, MT, USA
First Name
Nicholas
Last Name
Beard
Member #

My 2008 ford f150 is almost "done". Pretty happy how it's shaping up.

Attachments

Caliber1

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Los Alamitos CA
First Name
Javier
Last Name
Mejia
Member #

So things are moving slowly but moving at least. New cheap tires are on. Waiting for driveline to be finished then maybe I can get out in a week or two. Been trying to find someone (female) who wants to go camping but seems very hard to find these days. Seems like not a whole lot going on in Oregon anytime soon for Overlanding.
View attachment 201141
I have big trail girl almost like yoursLake Hemet.JPG

Chain

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Manito, IL, USA
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Thompson
Member #

Last two rigs were Tundras DCLB.
Now building a Ram 3500 DCLB Diesel

Installing soon
Method 704's
King bypass all 4 corners
2.5 leveling
White knuckle sliders

Attachments

Last edited:

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
Last two rigs were Tundras DCLB.
Now building a Ram 3500 DCLB Diesel

Installing soon
Method 704's
King bypass all 4 corners
2.5 leveling
White knuckle sliders
What type of motorcycle carrier do you have? I use a MotoTote but yours looks like it swings down and would be more manageable solo? Thanks!

Traildog44

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

North Fort Myers, FL, USA
First Name
Charles
Last Name
Oliver
Member #

My 2008 ford f150 is almost "done". Pretty happy how it's shaping up.
Looks like you've done a great job on the Ford.
Have you had it on a trail yet?
Does the extra weight and the height of the roof top tent make much difference in handling on a full-size truck?
I've got a suburban 2500, but I'm thinking of going with a truck to get a little better mileage (I'm getting 8-11 mpg) and I have an idea for a homemade camper/topper.

MidOH

Rank IV

Off-Road Ranger I

Mid Ohio
First Name
John
Last Name
Clark
Ham/GMRS Callsign
YourHighness
You'll notice it in a half ton. Itll be invisable on the one ton trucks.

I suggest the F250 stx with rear elocker, 7.3l engine, and 4.30 gears. 35" tires with room to spare, on a box stock truck. But recommend upgrading shocks to at least Fox2.0.

Reactions: Traildog44