Just got settled in Prescott AZ and want to get out and do some trails and overnight trips.

• HTML tutorial

old_man

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Loveland, Colorado
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Houston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WØNUT Extra
I just got settled in Prescott Arizona and want to start getting out and doing Arizona and possibly southern Utah excursions. I get a three day weekend every other weekend. I like to pull my trailer and can drop it at a base camp to explore or if it is a moderate trail, pull it along. I am not adverse to doing a single day outing sans trailer. I have 40 years experience doing what you guys call overlanding and I am well equipped and provisioned.

Iwata77

US Multi Region Local Expert OK,KS, MO, AR, TX
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Tulsa, Tulsa County, Oklahoma, United States
First Name
Kate
Last Name
Iwata
Member #

Welcome from Oklahoma Tom!

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

@freak4life is your closest Region Member Rep so if you have any questions please reach out.
If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
I just got settled in Prescott Arizona and want to start getting out and doing Arizona and possibly southern Utah excursions. I get a three day weekend every other weekend. I like to pull my trailer and can drop it at a base camp to explore or if it is a moderate trail, pull it along. I am not adverse to doing a single day outing sans trailer. I have 40 years experience doing what you guys call overlanding and I am well equipped and provisioned.
Hello Tom, welcome to Prescott, sounds like biscuit, :) once the capitol of Az, when we were just a territory.

Reactions: Neuvik

Neuvik

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Grass Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Trent
Last Name
W
Member #

I did Smiley Rock that was fun single day near you. I wouldn't take a trailer though.

And past Jerome on the river Verde there's tons of tracks to just drive on and explore. Not to mention BLM land some with petroglyphs and caves. Tons to explore in your neck of the woods! Have fun