SF Bay Area
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Bosma
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W6BOZ
Likewise on the waiting list if you have anyone drop out. Either way - I hope it's a great trip for everyone!

Devildawg2136

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

US
First Name
Marc
Last Name
Borel
Member #

I'd like to go but the app won't let me add my name to the attendee list. Member # 19807.

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
I'd like to go but the app won't let me add my name to the attendee list. Member # 19807.
We have an RSVP limit of 20, which is full. I’m debating about bumping it to 25 as we are dispersed camping with decent size areas to camp.

The plan for Friday night is the top of a mountain which has basically 360 degree views. Flat space at at the top is limited so members will have to level vehicles if need be, and ground tenters will need to be prepared to work the ground a little in terms of rocks. IF it is windy our second option is down in a valley at the crossroads and we can take over the flat space there, not a bad spot just not as glamourous as the first option.

The second night is a huge flat space looking up at a tremendous view of the Sierras. We will have no problems with space there. I suggest EARPLUGS as we are in high desert country and winds can hit at anytime anywhere.

Friday night campsite—option 1 New York Hill- 38.35753, -119.12540
—option 2 Crossroads 38.35457, -119.11795

Saturday Night Campsite- 38.04441, -119.19624

This photo was taken on New York Hill8968036A-D9C4-4B29-889E-C930046D0742.jpeg2EBB3AD8-7B3D-4428-A321-AD78A8DB16A1.png

Reactions: xtreme_6_7

PapaDave

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Ok I just INCREASED the RSVP to 25, if you want in time to get in

I added a GPX file for Gaia Navigation Apps, someone please confirm the download has tracks and way points. The track picks up in Oakdale CA or so as we head over Hwy 108

Depending on time we may venture over to the ghost town of Aurora that’s a little north and east of Bodie. More run down but supposedly pretty cool. It’s a there and back so we would travel back over our same tracks.

Last edited:

Edyspugedy

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Brentwood, California, United States
First Name
Eddie
Last Name
McGurn
Member #

Ok I just INCREASED the RSVP to 25, if you want in time to get in

I added a GPX file for Gaia Navigation Apps, someone please confirm the download has tracks and way points. The track picks up in Oakdale CA or so as we head over Hwy 108

Depending on time we may venture over to the ghost town of Aurora that’s a little north and east of Bodie. More run down but supposedly pretty cool. It’s a there and back so we would travel back over our same tracks.
Hey Dave, I think I might hate wind more than you hate bins, how windy do you think it will get? On another note, no issues with the gpx file and it looks like all the waypoints and tracks are there.

Reactions: PapaDave

KLTH19

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Ivins, UT, USA
First Name
Ron
Last Name
Craig
Member #

I can also confirm the .gpx file works great in Gaia - thanks for uploading. Looking forward to the trip - should be excellent!

MrTheKiller

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Norman, OK, USA
First Name
Peter
Last Name
Hoffman
Member #

What are the chances we can meet up with the group in Sonora? Do you have an ETA on when you think the caravan will be traveling through? This will be our first true Overlanding trip and are excited to get involved even though we will likely be woefully under equipped in comparison to most who have been in the hobby for any length of time.

MrTheKiller

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Norman, OK, USA
First Name
Peter
Last Name
Hoffman
Member #

What are the chances we can meet up with the group in Sonora? Do you have an ETA on when you think the caravan will be traveling through? This will be our first true Overlanding trip and are excited to get involved even though we will likely be woefully under equipped in comparison to most who have been in the hobby for any length of time.

PapaDave

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Hey Dave, I think I might hate wind more than you hate bins, how windy do you think it will get? On another note, no issues with the gpx file and it looks like all the waypoints and tracks are there.
No idea on winds, I’ve had it be no winds and totally fine, and last month 20mph winds and it snowed....hahaha
6E122194-07EB-4556-8E2C-43F9C03D0C52.jpeg
Of course I still had a civilized meal....

Reactions: Edyspugedy

PapaDave

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
So I would say we should be passing through Sonora around 3pm or so. Our HAM channel is 146.460 and we can be in touch. My mobile is listed on the Rally Point as well for eta

Reactions: MrTheKiller

Devildawg2136

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

US
First Name
Marc
Last Name
Borel
Member #

We have an RSVP limit of 20, which is full. I’m debating about bumping it to 25 as we are dispersed camping with decent size areas to camp.

The plan for Friday night is the top of a mountain which has basically 360 degree views. Flat space at at the top is limited so members will have to level vehicles if need be, and ground tenters will need to be prepared to work the ground a little in terms of rocks. IF it is windy our second option is down in a valley at the crossroads and we can take over the flat space there, not a bad spot just not as glamourous as the first option.

The second night is a huge flat space looking up at a tremendous view of the Sierras. We will have no problems with space there. I suggest EARPLUGS as we are in high desert country and winds can hit at anytime anywhere.

Friday night campsite—option 1 New York Hill- 38.35753, -119.12540
—option 2 Crossroads 38.35457, -119.11795

Saturday Night Campsite- 38.04441, -119.19624

This photo was taken on New York HillView attachment 161116View attachment 161117
Thanks for increasing the attendees. I've added my name to the list. One more thing if you don't mind this will be my first overloading trip and i was wondering if you can supply a recommended gear list.

PapaDave

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Thanks for increasing the attendees. I've added my name to the list. One more thing if you don't mind this will be my first overloading trip and i was wondering if you can supply a recommended gear list.
Good question-
Clothing- layers for warm days and possibly chilly nights
It should be obvious but good dirt shoes! We are disperse camping and rocks are everywhere...no grass....walkways... :)

A tent of some kind with rainfly, at altitude you never know. A pad cuz the ground is the ground. Earplugs if the wind kicks up, sleeping bag rated to 30 degrees or so.

Food for 3 days, the average recommendation is 2 gallons of water per person per day

A pooper/bucket/portable porcelain of some kind. We need to be able to pack it out.

Extra fuel is always a good idea but we’ll fill up right before we hit the dirt and our total distance isn’t very far

Flashlights, bundle of wood, bug spray, chairs, table. There won’t be any tables or official fire pits and such.

If anyone else has a suggestion chime in! Hope that helps

Reactions: Overlandenthusiast