How has the Covid-19 virus affected your adventures?

• HTML tutorial

User 53244

Rank 0
Yup can’t go to any of the parks around where l am, Parks Canada closed them all to the public because no one was listening about social distancing and the rcmp are now handing out $1000 tickets to anyone who is not 6 feet apart that includes in grocery stores even the one l work at.
Also being told not to leave your house unless it’s for work or essentials... pretty sure it’s the same for most of the world.

Reactions: Billiebob

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
I bought a Subaru Forester and sold my jeep just before this all happened and never got to take it out to figure out what mods I wanted to do.
At least you'll have time now to plan it out and maybe change your mind a time or two before you leap into something without much thought like wr sometime do. Happy dreaming !

Gypsy049

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Davisville, MO, USA
First Name
Gypsy
Last Name
Albin
Member #

Service Branch
Army
I bought a Subaru Forester and sold my jeep just before this all happened and never got to take it out to figure out what mods I wanted to do.
At least you'll have time now to plan it out and maybe change your mind a time or two before you leap into something without much thought like wr sometime do. Happy dreaming !
I was planning to see how it handled stock first.

Ive got a good idea. From building my jeep and just jumping first I remember how that turned out.

RideFlyDiveJeep

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate I

Shawnee, KS 66217, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Peterson
Member #

I've been taking and inventory of everything and making sure what's in there has dual purpose or is a unique and critical. Picked up a few new build items and getting them installed. A JLEDock, GMRS, fridge, and slide. Going to try building my own deck to mount the slide.

Attachments

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
I dug out the 4x4 Van project that Ive been saying I was gonna get back on for a couple of years. I got it all tuned up and now Im working on the inside.
Yeah, get us some pics of your project. Something always emerges good from what some think is bad. Go man go !

Billiebob

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

earth
First Name
Bill
Last Name
William
Member #

I don’t see a statistically significant risk of allowing locals like county level, provincial, parish, etc citizens use of their public property
You are right, in BC that was the previous directive, play outside and stay in your own backyard. But there are always those who bend the rules and figure the world is their playground ruining it for the locals and everyone else.

Without an over riding rule that says closed, no admittance, it is impossible to police it. So, thanks to the minority of idiots who read the law verbatim rather than by its intention, we all lose.

The new phrase, "bend the curve, not the rules".

Over stressed ? Depends on your definition, groups of people less than 6' apart, yes overstressed. Police unable to disperse those groups due to no clear ruling, yes the Police are definitely over stressed. When dealing with idiots who prefer to argue rather than listen, you need clarity in the law.
We got that yesterday in BC.

Last edited:

SquishBang

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Washington, USA
First Name
JuicyJ
Last Name
Wiggler
Without an over riding rule that says closed, no admittance, it is impossible to police it. So, thanks to the minority of idiots who read the law verbatim rather than by its intention, we all lose.
People who read the law verbatim are not "idiots". The people who wrote the law are.
You are literally supposed to read a law verbatim, not between the lines or for implied intent.

I get what you mean though, there's a minority of people who continue to be generally stupid, and it is up to the more intelligent people to "tolerate" laws/rules written for idiots. To an extent. The government has to deal with the "lowest common denominator".

DadJokes

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

KY
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Kil
Service Branch
US Air Force
You are right, in BC that was the previous directive, play outside and stay in your own backyard. But there are always those who bend the rules and figure the world is their playground ruining it for the locals and everyone else.

The new phrase, "bend the curve, not the rules".

Over stressed ? Depends on your definition, groups of people less than 6' apart, yes overstressed. Police unable to disperse those groups due to no clear ruling, yes the Police are definitely over stressed. When dealing with idiots who prefer to argue rather than listen, you need clarity in the law.
We got that yesterday in BC.
I was referring to the medical side mainly. IE, no high risk rock climbing etc. Are there that many covid cases that the local hospitals are anywhere near capacity there?

Families and those living in the same household can be less than 6’. How many idiots have there been that are not living together and not social distancing when they show to public lands? Quantifiable? So there’s evidence to substantiate moves for closure or is it something else?

These are just some rational questions that run through my mind.

SquishBang

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Washington, USA
First Name
JuicyJ
Last Name
Wiggler
I was referring to the medical side mainly. IE, no high risk rock climbing etc. Are there that many covid cases that the local hospitals are anywhere near capacity there?

Families and those living in the same household can be less than 6’. How many idiots have there been that are not living together and not social distancing when they show to public lands? Quantifiable? So there’s evidence to substantiate moves for closure or is it something else?

These are just some rational questions that run through my mind.
The last thing I do when on public lands is get all up in other people's personal space, which out in the open is probably way more than 6 feet! I think even 12 feet would feel too "close" to other people out in the boonies.

Billiebob

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

earth
First Name
Bill
Last Name
William
Member #

92376971_2845438692169885_1517102918484885504_o.jpg

Banff, AB

Banff emergency services are stopping vehicles at checkstops to discourage visitors from going into the townsite. Businesses are closed, only providing essential services for residents, and vehicle access is closed to national park trailheads. Travel creates too great a risk of coming in contact with, or spreading, COVID-19. Checkstops are providing public health information, such as this message from Dr. Theresa Tam, Chief Medical Officer of Canada:
“During important religious observances such as Easter, we need to not let down our guard. That means dinners and celebrations need to be restricted to your existing household members only. Make arrangements now for virtually connecting with others through phone and on-line methods.”

Stay home, stay safe.
https://banff.ca/CivicAlerts.aspx?AID=1182

Rath

Rank IV
Launch Member

Member III

Manitoba, Canada
First Name
Rath
Last Name
Adventures
Member #

Hasn't really affected my plans... yet.
I usually don't plan out any trips until the weather is consistently good, which we're still getting snow and cold days as of right now.

Ontario has closed down crown land camping now, and if Manitoba follows suite then that will definitely mess with my planned plans.

PCO6

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Newmarket, Ontario
First Name
Stew
Last Name
Beatty
Member #

Hasn't really affected my plans... yet.
I usually don't plan out any trips until the weather is consistently good, which we're still getting snow and cold days as of right now.

Ontario has closed down crown land camping now, and if Manitoba follows suite then that will definitely mess with my planned plans.
I believe this took effect last Thursday or Friday and it has no end date. Ontario Provincial Parks were closed about 3 weeks ago up to the end of April. I fully expect the closure will go beyond that and may be open ended too.

Rath

Rank IV
Launch Member

Member III

Manitoba, Canada
First Name
Rath
Last Name
Adventures
Member #

I believe this took effect last Thursday or Friday and it has no end date. Ontario Provincial Parks were closed about 3 weeks ago up to the end of April. I fully expect the closure will go beyond that and may be open ended too.
only time will tell. Manitoba has closed facilities within provincial parks, however they're still open to go on hikes and what not. For now.
Nothing on crown land yet, and hopefully there isn't. I'd like to escape to the bush at least for a weekend if that's all I can get.

Reactions: F8OO