Enthusiast III

Buckeye, AZ, USA
First Name
Charlie
Last Name
Finn
Member #

That link won’t play for me.?
I think you'll need to join that Facebook group. Or check out AOAAtrails.com and Trailheadcampground.com. The campground will have a discount if you mention your with MtnRoo. You'll have to fill out the waiver from AOAA and they have easy-difficult trails. They haven't posted any event specific details yet.

GratefulFozzie

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Pittsburgh
Member #

I think you'll need to join that Facebook group. Or check out AOAAtrails.com and Trailheadcampground.com. The campground will have a discount if you mention your with MtnRoo. You'll have to fill out the waiver from AOAA and they have easy-difficult trails. They haven't posted any event specific details yet.
I went on Facebook, and joined the mid Atlantic chapter. Didn’t see a specific event yet either.

Wawa Skittletits

Local Expert East Region USA
Staff member
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Wilkes-Barre, PA, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Hawley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRBZ674
Service Branch
USN veteran
We’re fortunate to have MtnRoo Midatlantic and Northeast chapters nearby. It’s great that you also joined Midatlantic but this particular event is hosted by the Northeast chapter @GratefulFozzie

Reactions: GratefulFozzie

Pick Teej

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Smethport, Pennsylvania
Member #

i think were covering something like 170 miles in 2 days. checking out henstep, sheep pen, knob ridge, poe paddy and a whole lot more. the guy hosting it really likes to drive around and see as much as possible

Blue Moser

Rank IV
Launch Member

Explorer I

Milton, Pennsylvania
Member #

So your running the south side. Depending on your travel path. I could meet up with you around poe paddy / poe valley or if your traveling in east to RB winter / Mcall Dam

Reactions: Pick Teej

7mmremmag

Rank III

Advocate II

Youngsville, PA, USA
Member #

Wanted to bump this to add that the old Corydon township unmaintained roads can be fun to explore off of 59 near Rimrock/Morrison hiking trailhead and Mckean Ranger District office. Just drive down 59 between Warren and Bradford and watch for the small travel at your own risk signs.

Last edited:

Slippery Chuck

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Buckeye, AZ, USA
First Name
Charlie
Last Name
Finn
Member #

Wanted to bump this to add that the old Corydon township unmaintained roads can be fun to explore off of 59 near Rimrock/Morrison hiking trailhead and Mckean Ranger District office. Just drive down 59 between Warren and Bradford and watch for the small travel at your own risk signs.
Some of those trails could use a little clean up. Anyone opposed to a little tree trimming? The vegetation is starting to take over, I don't mine the pinstripes but eventually it'll be unpassable for wider vehicles.

Reactions: utherjorge

7mmremmag

Rank III

Advocate II

Youngsville, PA, USA
Member #

I'll check it out when the weather breaks/trucks back together. I don't know exactly what the forest service would think about it but it is definitely needed (I am a local IMBA member and help out so I'm sensitive to that side of things).

Some of those trails could use a little clean up. Anyone opposed to a little tree trimming? The vegetation is starting to take over, I don't mine the pinstripes but eventually it'll be unpassable for wider vehicles.

GratefulFozzie

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Pittsburgh
Member #

Are these the oil pump trails?

7mmremmag

Rank III

Advocate II

Youngsville, PA, USA
Member #

Are these the oil pump trails?
I am pretty sure they link up with them, been a while since I've been on them. They get low enough traffic that grass grows on them, while the oil pump stuff tends to be full dirt. They're labeled something like Corydon Township, Non-Maintained, Travel at your own risk. If you are on 59, near the Bradford Ranger Station keep an eye on the side of the road opposite side of the Ranger Station.

7mm, the little truckee is still busy not catching fire, but this is right up the road from me. I'd be all for it.
Awesome, I would like to explore and GPS them. I might be picking up a clean Mazda Tribute already setup with good, up sized tires. Might be a good test run for it if my truck is still apart. Spent all day yesterday behind the Mig Gun on the truck though.

Reactions: AdenturingLD