Hey PA guy looking for trails

• HTML tutorial

Hazelwoodjr

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Quarryville Pennsylvania
Member #

It’s not much of an overland trip.... but it is fun to explore. They have two properties open.
Rausch creek offroad park tremont pa 17981 Schuylkill County, Pennsylvania Rausch Creek Off-Road Park is devoted to providing a fun, legal place for off-road enthusiasts to go four-wheeling with their four-wheel drive Jeep, truck, or SUV. The park consists of 3,000 acres of easy, intermediate, and difficult trails - featuring rocks, bowls, hills, club friendly trails, and free, on-site camping. with over 60 miles of trails for almost every type of four-wheel drive vehicle; from stock to pro rock buggies. Our trail system consists of four different sections – our east, west, south, and northeast properties. All of which vary in types of terrain and obstacles.

http://rc4x4.org

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: GratefulFozzie

Slippery Chuck

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Buckeye, AZ, USA
First Name
Charlie
Last Name
Finn
Member #

No problem! Gaia is a very commonly used map application. It’s great for exploring since it has roads/trails that typically don’t show up on a regular GPS. It’s also great since I can share routes with you.
Skittletits, curious if you are willing to share some of your Gaia routes with me. I typically find myself in ANF and I'd like to start exploring more to the east. Thanks!

Wawa Skittletits

Local Expert East Region USA
Staff member
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Wilkes-Barre, PA, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Hawley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRBZ674
Service Branch
USN veteran
Skittletits, curious if you are willing to share some of your Gaia routes with me. I typically find myself in ANF and I'd like to start exploring more to the east. Thanks!
Always glad to share. DM me your email and I’ll send some your way.

Wawa Skittletits

Staff member
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Wilkes-Barre, PA, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Hawley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRBZ674
Service Branch
USN veteran
I tend to travel around R.B. Winter state park. After 2 years I still have yet to go travel every trail available. Bonus is you can camp at the park and waste a weekend traveling around the mountain.
I knew I had seen that name but couldn't place it. Its a beautiful area and it just goes to show you how large Bald Eagle State Forest is.

Lackawander

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Scranton PA
First Name
Kyle
Last Name
Mervau
Member #

I am in the Scranton area. Very new to overlanding in my 09 Tacoma. I would travel to central PA, but does anyone know of some good simple trails in the NEPA region?

Reactions: Wawa Skittletits

Wawa Skittletits

Staff member
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Wilkes-Barre, PA, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Hawley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRBZ674
Service Branch
USN veteran
I am in the Scranton area. Very new to overlanding in my 09 Tacoma. I would travel to central PA, but does anyone know of some good simple trails in the NEPA region?
Hey neighbor. There are a lot of trails around my way... if you’re ok with questionable conditions, pin stripes, and grey area legality.

Coal country has its rewards and there are 3 areas near me that are littered with trails.

0F73C476-8E59-438D-A350-A9E698C84CCC.jpeg