Launch Member

Member III

Happy Valley, OR, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Hoffman
Member #

Oh yeah to also you better handle the weight of the camper. I decided to do a poor man titan swap ordered the wrong axle shaft, so I’m waiting on those and then I can get around to trimming and making a call on what pound springs to go with.IMG_2364.jpegIMG_2358.jpegIMG_2357.jpegIMG_2355.jpeg

Smileyshaun

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Happy Valley, OR, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Hoffman
Member #

Budget Titan swap is all done , still need to make new top hats to gain 2” more uptravel . It’s a little oversprung and bouncy on some bumps but a huge improvement over the spacer on stock suspension. Hoping the extra spring rate will help when the camper is on . IMG_2533.jpegIMG_2536.jpegIMG_2534.jpegIMG_2535.jpegIMG_2531.jpegIMG_2532.jpegIMG_2537.jpegIMG_2538.jpegIMG_3114.jpeg

Smileyshaun

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Happy Valley, OR, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Hoffman
Member #

Well as the only normal constant in life is that it’s inconsistent . Once again big life changes are happening. The other half is moving back to the east coast to be closer to her family and start a new life there so the camper has been sold my silverado is up for sale and unfortunately the frontier is going up for sale soon to simplify my life and eliminate debt . Not sure what the next vehicle will be but new adventures will be happening soon once the dust settles and life gets back to a bit more normality. IMG_3431.jpeg

Smileyshaun

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Happy Valley, OR, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Hoffman
Member #

Well, I got the Silverado sold and still debating on the frontier, but took the now not so little one up to a local OHv area and let her drive around and work on throttle/clutch control. She had a blast IMG_3805.jpegIMG_3814.jpegIMG_3822.jpeg

Reactions: syncro

DintDobbs

Rank V

Advocate III

First Name
Daniel &
Last Name
the Vulture
That Frontier would make a great 18th birthday present to said not-so-little one... just a thought.

I'm actually in the market for a light truck; if I was a few thousand miles closer and a few thousand dollars richer, I'd give it a good close look.

Reactions: Smileyshaun

Smileyshaun

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Happy Valley, OR, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Hoffman
Member #

That Frontier would make a great 18th birthday present to said not-so-little one... just a thought.

I'm actually in the market for a light truck; if I was a few thousand miles closer and a few thousand dollars richer, I'd give it a good close look.
she actually wants a 80s Toyota pu or celica

DintDobbs

Rank V

Advocate III

First Name
Daniel &
Last Name
the Vulture
@Smileyshaun Tell her not to look a gift horse in the mouth, she can buy her dream car with her own savings. Nobody ever gave me a free car without thoroughly wrecking it first!

Jokes aside, I hope you find somebody who needs it, if you don't! Those are really tough little trucks.

Smileyshaun

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Happy Valley, OR, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Hoffman
Member #

Well Christmas came early for the little one , it needs a little work but runs and drives . She’s been staying up past dark polishing and cleaning it . So far the paint is turning out rather good other than the roof and trunk lid that someone rattlecaned . IMG_5487.jpegIMG_5501.jpegIMG_5502.jpegIMG_5505.jpeg

DintDobbs

Rank V

Advocate III

First Name
Daniel &
Last Name
the Vulture
@Smileyshaun Sweet! There's nothing like getting your first ride. I worked hard for mine, hopefully she will continue to appreciate the help you've given her in starting off right. Can't make out the model, but I see Toyota on the grille. Old Toyotas kinda looked like Saabs.

Reactions: Smileyshaun

Smileyshaun

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Happy Valley, OR, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Hoffman
Member #

@Smileyshaun Sweet! There's nothing like getting your first ride. I worked hard for mine, hopefully she will continue to appreciate the help you've given her in starting off right. Can't make out the model, but I see Toyota on the grille. Old Toyotas kinda looked like Saabs.
It’s a 82 Tercel , she put money in on it and is taking care of some of the repairs . weird part is it’s fwd but the motor is not in sideways IMG_5549.jpegIMG_5543.jpegIMG_5544.jpegIMG_5545.jpeg

Reactions: DintDobbs

Smileyshaun

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Happy Valley, OR, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Hoffman
Member #

Oh man life has been a bit overwhelming, work has been crazy I moved and had to do some big downsizing but it will be worth it in the end . Did manage to get some new shoes for the frontier went with a Yokohama geolander in a 315/75r16 . They are actually pretty skinny for a 35 and only ended up being a half inch wider than the 285 that came off. These things are stupidly quiet up there on the quietest tire I’ve ever owned even comparing it to an all season on the downside my vehicle has more squeaks than I thought it did And I do find I’m having to use my brakes more when coming to a stop because when I put it in neutral, it doesn’t start slowing it down they get used to there is almost no rolling resistance to these tires . So far the highway I’ve only lost one Mpg. IMG_6844.jpegIMG_6860.jpegIMG_6859.jpeg

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
Wait. I thought you got rid of the Fronty. I mean I'm glad you didn't.

I'm surprised those fit in there, but they look great!

Reactions: DintDobbs

Smileyshaun

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Happy Valley, OR, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Hoffman
Member #

Wait. I thought you got rid of the Fronty. I mean I'm glad you didn't.

I'm surprised those fit in there, but they look great!
I was going to and go back to a truck I use to own but I just like this truck a lot and couldn’t part ways with it . May be camper v2.0 in the works soon