Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
I have the same radio. Love it so far. Also have the Ft 70 handheld. Hope to meet up with you on the weekly net. Brent KJ7BHN
I like it so far, but I’m still reading the manual because this thing does so much stuff. It’s definitely not my old Sears Road Talker, LOL

whiskey7backroads

Rank VI
Launch Member

Endurance II

Olympia Washington
First Name
Brent
Last Name
Conklin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7BR
I know what you mean. There is also some supplemental manuals on the Yeasu website as well. Like everything, I have been just doing the basics and getting to know it, then moving onto another topic. I did get APRS working after a few trial and errors. Let me know if I can help in anyway.

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
I know what you mean. There is also some supplemental manuals on the Yeasu website as well. Like everything, I have been just doing the basics and getting to know it, then moving onto another topic. I did get APRS working after a few trial and errors. Let me know if I can help in anyway.
I will and and I appreciate it

whiskey7backroads

Rank VI
Launch Member

Endurance II

Olympia Washington
First Name
Brent
Last Name
Conklin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7BR
Congrats on the license. We would love to have you join the weekly NET. There is a Rally Point with all the details. Download Echolink and set it up and you should be all set. Let me know if you need some help or want to test your connection. Again, congrats Brent KJ7BHN

Reactions: RyanC and chris_nc

Nef

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Kingman, AZ, USA
First Name
Harold
Last Name
Malave
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
AC2UD
I saw the social media post earlier today regarding the 22 members who gained their HAM licenses this past weekend. Don't think I was included, but I passed the technician test on Saturday and received my call sign today! Woohoo, I'm hereby known as KN4RBL. Make it 23!
Congrats! Enjoy for a while then upgrade to get on hf.

Graeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Catalina Avenue, Tucson, AZ, USA
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Hoffmaster
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7CRJ
Service Branch
Air Force
I saw the social media post earlier today regarding the 22 members who gained their HAM licenses this past weekend. Don't think I was included, but I passed the technician test on Saturday and received my call sign today! Woohoo, I'm hereby known as KN4RBL. Make it 23!
What you got your call sign in a week? I had to wait 10 days for mine. Congrats

Reactions: chris_nc

thospb

Rank II
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Hopkinton, Merrimack County, New Hampshire, United States
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Blamey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7PGN
Tom here - W7PGN
I'm in Northern California and Nevada. I just got my General last month and my wife got her Tech. I'll be getting a VE soon and our club will begin offering HAM-crams and Testing. I have a Yeasu 857D in my rig and also 2 Yeasu VX-7. I'm looking forward to participating in the Net sessions.

whiskey7backroads

Rank VI
Launch Member

Endurance II

Olympia Washington
First Name
Brent
Last Name
Conklin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7BR
Tom here - W7PGN
I'm in Northern California and Nevada. I just got my General last month and my wife got her Tech. I'll be getting a VE soon and our club will begin offering HAM-crams and Testing. I have a Yeasu 857D in my rig and also 2 Yeasu VX-7. I'm looking forward to participating in the Net sessions.
Congrats.. we look forward to seeing (hearing) you and your wife on the Net. Brent KJ7BHN

Reactions: 64Trvlr

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
Tom here - W7PGN
Congrats to you both. It's great to have two in the rig with licenses.

KI7RAM & KI7RAL in NV