Tempe, AZ, USA
First Name
Jayson
Last Name
Adamsen
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD7WCD
@KD7WCD I work rotating shifts with every other weekend off, so I’ve got the time. Just not the experience (or guts?) to run a net, lol.
[emoji4] Your in Louisiana? I've not run a lot of ham nets but have done a couple and do manage real time communications kind of like a net. Part of the trick is to come up with a script and a guide line of rules for the net.

Maybe start listening in and/or proticepate in some of them. If there is a Skywarn net or local EOC they usually run well organized nets. There are a slew of them on EchoLink as well. In my area there use to be a good Newbee net on UHF. HF has a lot to listen to as well. Remember even if you don't have the license you can still listen in.

12poundtest

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Edmonds WA
First Name
Ed
Last Name
Sershon
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7PHY
It looks like I have bandwidth for 7-8 members at a time so it will only work for testing and gaining interest. I will explore what it takes to use an existing conference server
It looks like I have bandwidth for 7-8 members at a time so it will only work for testing and gaining interest. I will explore what it takes to use an existing conference server
Sorry, I replied before reading the latest posts. I think you are on to something.

KD7WCD

Rank VI
Founder 500
Investor

Influencer I

Tempe, AZ, USA
First Name
Jayson
Last Name
Adamsen
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD7WCD
Works for me. Maybe we should move this to it's own thread.

whiskey7backroads

Rank VI
Launch Member

Endurance II

Olympia Washington
First Name
Brent
Last Name
Conklin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7BR
Do we need to get OB permission to have it a sanctioned event or net? Maybe a rally point to get word out? I am too new to know exactly how things work

Reactions: KD7WCD

John Lime III

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Anchorage, AK
First Name
John
Last Name
Lime III
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KL4OF
John - KL4OF
Anchorage, Alaska
Technician, studying for General
Have an Icom T70A dual band handheld, Kenwood 271 2m mobile, Alinco 140 setting up an APRS rig, Icom 718 HF base, Radio Shack mobile CB and a President McKinnley AM/SSB base CB.

I mess with EchoLink. Sometimes it works, sometimes it don’t. I have both a user and a SysOp account with that system. I also try to connect to local IRLP nodes. If I have time, I try to get on the Alaska Morning Net (Mon-Sat, 9a-11a AK time). Google AK Morning Net for detailed info. They have contacts worldwide via IRLP, EchoLink and Allstar.

My middle kid is also a ham, KL4RN.

whiskey7backroads

Rank VI
Launch Member

Endurance II

Olympia Washington
First Name
Brent
Last Name
Conklin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7BR
John - KL4OF
Anchorage, Alaska
Technician, studying for General
Have an Icom T70A dual band handheld, Kenwood 271 2m mobile, Alinco 140 setting up an APRS rig, Icom 718 HF base, Radio Shack mobile CB and a President McKinnley AM/SSB base CB.

I mess with EchoLink. Sometimes it works, sometimes it don’t. I have both a user and a SysOp account with that system. I also try to connect to local IRLP nodes. If I have time, I try to get on the Alaska Morning Net (Mon-Sat, 9a-11a AK time). Google AK Morning Net for detailed info. They have contacts worldwide via IRLP, EchoLink and Allstar.

My middle kid is also a ham, KL4RN.
Sounds like you have a lot of based covered. If your interested, we are trying our first OB NET tonight via Echolink. There is another thread I started with more info. I have been on the Alaska Morning Net and find it to be one of the better ones in US. Feel free to contact me anytime via Echolink if I am logged on. Brent KJ7BHN

whiskey7backroads

Rank VI
Launch Member

Endurance II

Olympia Washington
First Name
Brent
Last Name
Conklin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7BR
I was going through the CB-HAM thread and it was mentioned we should have a call sign check in thread. So here it is. :)

I am N1CKO
Wanted to let some of the early posters of this thread know about the first test OB Net. Its going to be Friday (today) night at 6pm Pacific time. There is a thread I started so we did not hijack this one with all the details. Wanted to let you know as the OP of the Ham thread. Brent KJ7BHN