Rank V

Explorer I

Concord CA
First Name
Roger
Last Name
Fielding
Member #

Thanks for organizing, I responded yes to attending albeit tentative as of now. I’ll update my rsvp / cancel once I have a possible scheduling conflict resolved, which I should know within the next week. This may be a last trip for us for a bit unfortunately. Thanks!

Roger 2486

Rank V

Explorer I

Concord CA
First Name
Roger
Last Name
Fielding
Member #

Most regrettably, I will no longer be able to attend as I had hoped and I have changed my RSVP accordingly. Karen and I look forward to the next time and are much appreciative of you organizing this trip! Have a great time.

• Sad
Reactions: ProtonDecay

fly boy

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Marin County
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Mazzon
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BIF
You might double check if the trail is opened, if you haven't already. I was up there the end of May and a big section was washed out and no way to by pass it.

Reactions: ProtonDecay

ProtonDecay

Rank V

Influencer II

In my mind I am always at a remote high-elevation lake surrounded by snowcapped peaks.
First Name
Derek
Last Name
Riehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6NUI
Most regrettably, I will no longer be able to attend as I had hoped and I have changed my RSVP accordingly. Karen and I look forward to the next time and are much appreciative of you organizing this trip! Have a great time.
Will look forward to next time :-)

ProtonDecay

Rank V

Influencer II

In my mind I am always at a remote high-elevation lake surrounded by snowcapped peaks.
First Name
Derek
Last Name
Riehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6NUI
Derek (organizer), took a recent trip up there and all looked good.

Jim
Yes - the road was quite passable as of last week. 4x4 high clearance recommended, but I spoke with a family at the lake and their full size truck camper had no issues other than having to wait for the truck to settle a couple of time before proceeding. We'll be dragging our trailer so expect to have to get the winch out on at least one section, but most everything else should be fine. Janet and I expect to get ther Thursday afternoon. If you're coming up after that and want me to come down the trail and spot you I'll be happy to do that - raise me on 146.460 or 408-480-9583 as you arrive. :-)

ProtonDecay

Rank V

Influencer II

First Name
Derek
Last Name
Riehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6NUI
Trip dates..meet point, I'm in Wellington NV. Thanks.
Hi - the meetup is actually at the lake, but I'd be happy to come down to the highway and join you for the last couple of miles anytime Thursday PM or later. Janet and I plan to arrive at the turnoff from 108 around 1pm on Thursday, August 15, and plan to make the lake by 3pm (we're always slow, and there are a couple of spots where we're going to really take our time - most people should be able to cover the last leg in 30 minutes, or less if they're feeling boisterous :-) We'll probably also stay over until Monday, August 19, and happy to have anyone interested hang out with us :-)