First Name
Gwendolyn
Last Name
vdL
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6YFJ
Hi Jim (and the others who can make it),

Derek is correct, we'll have our HAM tuned to 146.460 and APRS on. Cell is 650-267-9430 but there's little to no reception at the lake.

It looks like we'll have ~11 rigs, so camping on the bluff sounds good. If it's not too windy the section near edge of the bluff that overlooks the lake is a good spot.

We expect to be arriving tomorrow somewhere around 6pm. We drive a grey 5th gen 4Runner with an RTT.

I'm open to suggestions for a day trip on Saturday. It's not too far to Hwy 395, so one option would be to explore the area north of Bodie. If anybody has a route to share that'd be great! The lake is also a very nice place to just relax, go for a hike around the lake, hike up to Ski lake or to the rim where the trail meets the PCT.

@ProtonDecay @Roger 2486 @emonomics sorry you guys can't make it. Next time!

Gwendolyn.

Reactions: Roger 2486

Roger 2486

Rank V

Explorer I

Concord CA
First Name
Roger
Last Name
Fielding
Member #

Hi Jim (and the others who can make it),

Derek is correct, we'll have our HAM tuned to 146.460 and APRS on. Cell is 650-267-9430 but there's little to no reception at the lake.

It looks like we'll have ~11 rigs, so camping on the bluff sounds good. If it's not too windy the section near edge of the bluff that overlooks the lake is a good spot.

We expect to be arriving tomorrow somewhere around 6pm. We drive a grey 5th gen 4Runner with an RTT.

I'm open to suggestions for a day trip on Saturday. It's not too far to Hwy 395, so one option would be to explore the area north of Bodie. If anybody has a route to share that'd be great! The lake is also a very nice place to just relax, go for a hike around the lake, hike up to Ski lake or to the rim where the trail meets the PCT.

@ProtonDecay @Roger 2486 @emonomics sorry you guys can't make it. Next time!

Gwendolyn.
Sorry to miss you guys Gwen, but sitting this trip out. Looking forward to the next time. Be well and travel safe!