Does the App require a membership renewal?

• HTML tutorial
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Ludwig

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Syracuse, UT, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Ludwig
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK4LCG
I am a member with access to the map and rallypoint online, but the app just directs me to purchase another membership when I try to click on the map there. I'm happy to pay for a product, but I don't know if this is a bug or what.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
I am a member with access to the map and rallypoint online, but the app just directs me to purchase another membership when I try to click on the map there. I'm happy to pay for a product, but I don't know if this is a bug or what.
The new app WILL require an Expedition Tier annual plan in the near future, direct all correspondence to @Corrie via support@overlandbound.com

ccarromeu

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
First Name
Cassiano
Last Name
Carromeu
Member #

Hi Chris,
I experienced the same problem. Had to remove and reinstall the app. After this, I login again and had access to all functions. Hope this works for you as well.
Best,
Cassiano.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Hi Chris,
I experienced the same problem. Had to remove and reinstall the app. After this, I login again and had access to all functions. Hope this works for you as well.
Best,
Cassiano.
Reread my post above... this is coming down from HQ as of this morning at 12:00 noon Pacific Time.

Chris Ludwig

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Syracuse, UT, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Ludwig
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK4LCG
Reread my post above... this is coming down from HQ as of this morning at 12:00 noon Pacific Time.

Ok, so as of now, this is a feature and not a bug, correct? We all need to start paying the annual membership to use the features of the ap.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Ok, so as of now, this is a feature and not a bug, correct? We all need to start paying the annual membership to use the features of the ap.
Am I reading this right.. $30 a year just to use an app?
I’m going to revert back to my first post contact support@overlandbound.com with all questions regarding the new policies.
30/year to use the app to its full potential. Legacy members can still use the app
For General forum use along with Rally Point, the navigational portion of the map we cannot with out a subscription. Again please contact support@overlandbound.com with questions and concerns regarding the new membership policies.

Corrie

Rank VII
Staff member
Founder 500
Supporter

Protector II

Placer County, California, United States
First Name
Corrie
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Jumping in here!

Members who joined before June 30th, 2020 will have continued access to the forums, Rally Point and Resource Map on both desktop and app at no additional charge or annual fee. These accounts are considered legacy accounts.

If you joined before then and do NOT have access on the app or desktop, ping me here via DMs or send an email to support@overlandbound.com. We will make sure your permissions are good to go.

Note: Upcoming features such as navigation and expanded trip planning will require an Expedition membership, and we will have more info on that as we get closer to launch.

Status
Not open for further replies.