Launch Member

Advocate III

Chico, CA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Smith
Member #

I like to go as light as possible while maintaining comfort. The rest of my family over packs. Here is a 3 night 4 day trip to the coast. It's a spectical.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Are all those firewood containers? guess you don't have to worry about dry tinder.

STPICKENS

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Evansville, WY, USA 82636
First Name
SHAUN
Last Name
PICKENS
Member #

Are all those firewood containers? guess you don't have to worry about dry tinder.
Yes that's all firewood. And it was all burned too. The wife and I wandered down hwy 101 from Portland OR down to Huntington Beach Ca and didn't bring any firewood so we bought some at a store in the John mure national Forrest and got wet wood. It took us over an hour to get a fire going enough to boil water and that's all it did. I think that kind of scarred the wife. Now we always have dry wood. Plus it's cheap to get it up here. A pickup truck full of wood is like $60 vs $5 for some at the campground.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Vyscera

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Chico, CA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Yes that's all firewood. And it was all burned too. The wife and I wandered down hwy 101 from Portland OR down to Huntington Beach Ca and didn't bring any firewood so we bought some at a store in the John mure national Forrest and got wet wood. It took us over an hour to get a fire going enough to boil water and that's all it did. I think that kind of scarred the wife. Now we always have dry wood. Plus it's cheap to get it up here. A pickup truck full of wood is like $60 vs $5 for some at the campground.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yeah, I'm missing those OR wood prices about now. One day I'll get back out there and drive the 101/1.

Reactions: Luis Merlo

STPICKENS

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Evansville, WY, USA 82636
First Name
SHAUN
Last Name
PICKENS
Member #

It's definitely my preferred rout down south now. Problem is now I will spend all my time going down there and coming back up with no time to visit when I get down to Huntington Beach. Lol. Wood up here is really cheap. Luckily a lot of people still are able to source the wood to sell which helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk