Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

Not the typical camp image, perhaps, but I love it.

I like to play with making an image more painterly and evocative of what I felt when making it, and doing as much in-camera and on-set, not only with software later. This one reminds me of some old paintings I've seen of Bedouin camps in the desert. Moody and dusty and dark.

bibeLC-190308--1538.jpg

edit: Here's the wider version. One of the reasons this image reminds me of Bedouin life is the pyramid-shaped hill in the background.

bibeLC-190308-panocrop-1000shrp-1538.jpg

Last edited:

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.
Launch Member

Advocate III

First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

Tweaking basecamp setups for cool weather camping. This setup allows a spacious enclosed footprint around my galley while still allowing an unencumbered "garage," workspace, and cargo area, all also undercover.

pthi_191010-5577-900.jpg

I love this rig and the components I've added, for its versatility and flexibility. As long as I have a potable water source within driving distance to refill my tanks, I can go off-grid for as long as needed and create my own power, have a full bathroom setup, cooking area, living quarters, and workspace.

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.
Launch Member

Advocate III

First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

Taken well after dark with long exposure and some light-painting.

pthi-190709-bwcrop-9224-1080t.jpg
Lake Camping, New England

Relic6.3

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

North Carolina, USA
First Name
Pat
Last Name
Crowell
Member #

Somewhere in North Dakota back in 2008; out on a weekend camp with my daughter. I think this is the first time we used this tent (notice the rainfly is on backwards :grinning:). This was just an overnight on the way to a run somewhere. Oh the days when life was simpler. Wish I knew what ever happened to that backpack.

100_0055.JPG