Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
At least one report of the new 11.16.0 build crashing, trying to access the slide out menu. @El-Dracho reported.
I was just able to copy the app version before it crashed again. It is 11.16.0.2022100240

Please let me know if I can help in any way to track down and get rid of this gremlin sneaked in.

Reactions: Michael

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
I was just able to copy the app version before it crashed again. It is 11.16.0.2022100240

Please let me know if I can help in any way to track down and get rid of this gremlin sneaked in.
OK will do - we will likely have a record of your crash in our error logs and can debug. We will get it fixed. Do you have access to the last build? I can get that for you if you would like to use it in the meantime.

Reactions: El-Dracho

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
OK will do - we will likely have a record of your crash in our error logs and can debug. We will get it fixed. Do you have access to the last build? I can get that for you if you would like to use it in the meantime.
That´s great. Thank you. I have no access to the last build but will use the webversion of the forum etc. for the time being.

OTH Overland

Local Expert Washington, USA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
@Michael, went to load the new version of the app (did not auto update) Now I get the splash screen with Overland Bound and my member number, then bricks at a black screen with just the logo on. Rebooted phone twice, same result. Samsung Note 8 with Android 9, app updated from app store.

Reactions: Shahn and Michael

OTH Overland

Local Expert Washington, USA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
as an fyi, the app store does not appear to list the removal of the lower cost tier, as it shows 30 to 60 dollar in app purchase requred.

Reactions: Shahn and Michael

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
@Michael, went to load the new version of the app (did not auto update) Now I get the splash screen with Overland Bound and my member number, then bricks at a black screen with just the logo on. Rebooted phone twice, same result. Samsung Note 8 with Android 9, app updated from app store.
Thank you Dave, added to the device list for this issue.

Reactions: Shahn

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
OK the new build has been submitted for review, so likely approval today.
Wow, that was a quick response to the issue. Thank you - that's what I call a professional handling of errors. Awesome.

Reactions: Shahn

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
@Michael - FYI running IOS 16.1.1 and when I saw your message last night, I downloaded the update was able to get in and and see the new alerts no issues. Today I go back into the app and like @OTH Overland I get the startup logo and member number screen, then I get a black screen with no logo, it just sits there.

Cleared IOS cache and rebooted to no avail, lastly uninstalled and reinstalled the app via the cloud and same result except I got the release notes before going to black screen this time.

Corrie

Rank VII
Staff member
Founder 500
Supporter

Protector II

Placer County, California, United States
First Name
Corrie
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Hey everyone - Happy Monday!

1. Android hotfix is available as of this AM. Let us know if this resolved the issue?

2. iOS details have been sent on to the team, and we will circle back here when we have more info.

Thanks for the patience!

Reactions: El-Dracho and Shahn

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hey everyone - Happy Monday!

1. Android hotfix is available as of this AM. Let us know if this resolved the issue?

2. iOS details have been sent on to the team, and we will circle back here when we have more info.

Thanks for the patience!
Thank you for the info. Just updated the OB1 app from the playstore 5mins ago. Unfortunately, it still does not work as it should. Open app, then "preparing for adventure" appears for about a minute with the progress circle and then it crashes. Even restarting the phone after the update did not bring success.

Reactions: Corrie

Corrie

Rank VII
Staff member
Founder 500
Supporter

Protector II

Placer County, California, United States
First Name
Corrie
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Thank you for the info. Just updated the OB1 app from the playstore 5mins ago. Unfortunately, it still does not work as it should. Open app, then "preparing for adventure" appears for about a minute with the progress circle and then it crashes. Even restarting the phone after the update did not bring success.
Noted @El-Dracho - Passed on to the team.

Reactions: El-Dracho

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
@El-Dracho - Can you confirm your current version number? (Dev team requesting confirmation.)
11.16.1.2022100241 (just managed to get it - sometimes it is possible to jump into the menue or other tabs of the app before it crahes).

Reactions: Corrie