Enthusiast III

Hueytown, AL, USA
First Name
Jonny
Last Name
Cochrane
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5DGM
I'm wondering if anyone has tried some of the cheaper A/T tire brands, such as ones that are available at Walmart. specifically I'm interested in the Travelstar Ecopath A/T. They look nice an have generally positive reviews, and and the price is pretty hard to beat if they're decent. Are there any other lesser known tire brands/models that are good for the money? I currently have 265/65r17s, (31'') so I'd be looking for something around that size.

I've had a set of Antares SMT A7 A/Ts before and liked them, but their price has gone up to the point that I might as well just buy Coopers... I'd love a set of KO2s, but they're too expensive for me at this point. Are there any truly decent or even good A/T tires in the sub $130 range? Any suggestions are welcome, even if it's to say that I should just suck it up and buy the more expensive ones! Thanks!

TexasGMG

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Hell
First Name
Fuck
Last Name
Off
Milestar Patagonia A/T R All- Terrain Radial Tire-265/65R17 112T for $104.38 each here. You'll have to find someone to mount them.

Alanymarce

Rank IV

Trail Mechanic III

Colombia
No idea whether they're available where you are, however when we were looking for a BFG T/A to replace a blown tyre the shop (which had the BFGs) recommended Toyo Open Country AT - they told us that the tyre is as good as the BFG but was significant;ly cheaper. We took one and have now gone to Toyos to replace all but one of the other tyres, and plan to replace the last with another Toyo when that wears out. The Toyos are good on the highway, good on gravel and mud, and good on rock and sand. We're happy with them, after experience with Dunlop, Pirelli, Yokohama, and BFG ATs.

Dusther210

Rank VI

Influencer I

Oakland, Bergen County, New Jersey, United States
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Helms
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD2UNH
I love my West Lake SL369 235/85r16 tires. They were like 100$ each. Had them over a year, not a single problem. I will be getting them in 285/75r16 when they ever decide to wear out.
Quiet and well behaved on highway, good traction off pavement and in snow, over 30,000 miles and still looking fresh

Offroadnutz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Texas/Missouri
First Name
Steven
Last Name
M
Member #

I run Pathfinder AT’s. Their Discount Tires house brand. I’ve put a lot of hard trail miles on them and am extremely surprised how they have held up.

systemdelete

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Nashville, TN
First Name
Erik
Last Name
Rumbaugh
Member #

I was able to find the exact same tires I loved on my previous rig on sale at amazon, then got my local discount tire to match the price.

Attachments

Reactions: Dusther210

bamakojon

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Hueytown, AL, USA
First Name
Jonny
Last Name
Cochrane
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5DGM
I was able to find the exact same tires I loved on my previous rig on sale at amazon, then got my local discount tire to match the price.
Man, if I could find KO2's for less than $100 I would be ecstatic! Unfortunately for me everything seems to get more expensive when you move up to 17" rims...

I'm thinking I'll look around for some black Friday deals. If anyone here knows of our hears about something crazy, let me know!

Enthusiast III

Grand Falls-Windsor, NL, Canada
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Adams
The way I look at tires is buy once cry once. Yep there are cheap tires available, but 9 times out of 10 they wear so fast you would pay less in the long run. I have been there and am there now. I saved 400 bucks buying the tires I have on the Jeep now, thought I would give them a go, and now, they will be being replaced by big this spring. Saved nothing in the long run.

Reactions: softroad.406

World Traveler I

Central Virginia
First Name
Mike
Last Name
CJ8
Service Branch
Army
My amazing wife found and ordered a set of 5 33"x12.5x15 Cooper Evolution M/Ts for $888 shipped to the door off amazon
Granted that was maybe 1.5 years ago. I love em. not noisey & no problems so far ~ 10k miles on them currently.
I'm thinking of maybe going to a 32 or 33" aggressive A/Ts, thoughts?

Resized_20210910_171420.jpeg

Ethan N

Local Expert, East Region USA

Expedition Master III

Ocean County, NJ, USA
First Name
Ethan
Last Name
Newago
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
Aggressive? Maybe Nitto Recon Grapplers. I just put on a set of Falken Rubitreks and am very pleased. For deals I would check Walmart occasionally, they run great discounts you just have to gamble sometimes on if you receive the right thing haha. Always check the descriptions, but if you do end up receiving the wrong thing refunds are pretty easy.

M1.jpg

World Traveler I

Central Virginia
First Name
Mike
Last Name
CJ8
Service Branch
Army
Aggressive? Maybe Nitto Recon Grapplers. I just put on a set of Falken Rubitreks and am very pleased. For deals I would check Walmart occasionally, they run great discounts you just have to gamble sometimes on if you receive the right thing haha. Always check the descriptions, but if you do end up receiving the wrong thing refunds are pretty easy.

View attachment 280622
Thanks & thanks for your service, Brother. Either look to be just what I think I'm looking for; long trip comfort + wet road ..

Reactions: Ethan N

jimmyjamson

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Switzerland
First Name
jack
Last Name
austin
I'm wondering if anyone has tried some of the cheaper A/T tire brands, such as ones that are available at Walmart. specifically I'm interested in the Travelstar Ecopath A/T. They look nice an have generally positive reviews, and and the price is pretty hard to beat if they're decent. Are there any other lesser known tire brands/models that are good for the money? I currently have 265/65r17s, (31'') so I'd be looking for something around that size.

I've had a set of Antares SMT A7 A/Ts before and liked them, but their price has gone up to the point that I might as well just buy Coopers... I'd love a set of KO2s, but they're too expensive for me at this point. Are there any truly decent or even good A/T tires in the sub $130 range? Click to visit online marketplaces or tire review websites for options, any suggestions are welcome, even if it's to say that I should just suck it up and buy the more expensive ones! Thanks!
Hey. Looking for something affordable for my 2015. Here is what I got:
2015 Tacoma TRD Off-Road (2WD w/ Locker)
Lift 2in Front, 1.5in Rear
17x8.5 tires w/ -10 offset (not yet mounted)

Looking for new ALL TERRIAN tires in 285/70 or 275/70. I have no fear of going with a "generic" tire company, just want them to have that aggressive look of Falken AT3 or ko2. I bought Falken AT3 when they first came out and were dirt cheap and had no reviews available anywhere (honestly can't believe they are more expensive than ko2's now).

Any recommendations?

g58211702

Rank I

Contributor III

UK
First Name
Mrr
Last Name
Gohan
You've already spotted the Travelstar Ecopath A/T. These tires do have solid reviews for the price. They offer decent off-road capabilities, good grip on dirt and gravel, and handle wet conditions fairly well. For everyday light to moderate off-roading, they should serve you well. However, you may experience faster wear compared to premium brands, especially if your driving includes a lot of pavement.

2. Goodyear Wrangler TrailMark A/T
A slightly better-known option but still budget-friendly is the Goodyear Wrangler TrailMark A/T. They are often available at Walmart and provide excellent durability for the price. They're not as aggressive as the KO2s, but offer a good compromise between off-road traction and on-road comfort. Plus, Goodyear is a trusted brand.

3. Cooper Discoverer AT3 4S
The Cooper Discoverer AT3 4S is another good option to consider. They tend to be a bit pricier, but they offer a great balance of longevity, traction, and comfort. Cooper’s A/T tires are renowned for handling various terrains while still providing a comfortable ride on highways.

Read More
While these might slightly exceed your price range, Falken Wildpeak A/T3W is highly regarded as one of the best-value A/T tires. Known for their rugged construction, excellent off-road performance, and surprisingly good road manners, they are one of the top budget-friendly alternatives to premium options like the KO2s.

MidOH

Rank IV

Off-Road Ranger I

Mid Ohio
First Name
John
Last Name
Clark
Ham/GMRS Callsign
YourHighness
Laughs hard in Kenda RT.

Or Kenda Mt2.

Sea Diamond

Rank III

Enthusiast III

First Name
Sea
Last Name
Diamond
These Cooper Discoverer A/T³'s didn't break the bank and served us well for the last couple of years
20240922_111046.jpg