louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
The idea was pretty good but designed around the height of the toilet.
Zim
yeah, i can see where that made sense, but just wasnt going to work out right. i made my own deck system in the back and i just went level with the wheel wells for the deck height and then added the 6" memory foam mattress...there is no room for me to even sit up good, but it does work well for storage and sleeping. if its raining, i cant go in the back and wait out the storm, i have to go sit up in the cab. as you can see in the pic, we have a bathroom tent we take. im 6' and 215 lbs and with the tailgate up, i look like a circus bear trying to fit into one of those little cars when i try to slide in thru the raised back window. if you bought a decked system and add the mattress, youll be in the same situation...great for storage and sleeping, but you will be lucky to even change clothes in there when you wake up. i generally go outside to change clothes and put on shoes and stuff. great set up for boondocking where nobody is around and you wont need privacy.
on a side note...not sure what kind of deck system you bought, but if it fits between the wheel wells, then the space behind the wheel wells are perfect to fit a secpter 5 gal can on one side and a soft sided cooler on the other side. i like that. i can wake up and grab a cold drink right there and for cooking on the tailgate, i have the water supply also right there for easy use. i just put a hand pump on the jerry can so i can fill a container without having to lift the can and pour.

1725632150926.jpeg