Launch Member

Pathfinder I

NC, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Wolfen
Member #

I will. Sliders ETA to ship is 3/18. We will see!! I need to order the rack. I’m still unsure of which one I want. Still leaning Prinsu. Off to Big Basin for the day. My sister is in from Kansas. Her husband wants to see the Redwoods.
Bad Ass! Have fun.

Reactions: Jeepinit

Nomadik Nova

Rank VI
Staff member

Member III

Falmouth, MA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Nova
Member #

Just ordered. Still do not have the 4Runner yet! Well the new one anyway. Next will be ARB Breather kit and on board compressor. “I think!” Tooooo much to do!
I want to do the breather as well, and I thought about compressor but After research I think I’m going PowerTank instead.

H60Flyer

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

NC, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Wolfen
Member #

I’ll check out the PowerTank. I have not looked at it yet.
I literally watched a video on those last night. Seems like a good deal if you have the space and air down frequently. Its much faster and reliable. If you only do so every several months, compressor mounted in the engine bay seems to be a better option, IMO.

Reactions: Jeepinit

Nomadik Nova

Rank VI
Staff member

Member III

Falmouth, MA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Nova
Member #

I literally watched a video on those last night. Seems like a good deal if you have the space and air down frequently. Its much faster and reliable. If you only do so every several months, compressor mounted in the engine bay seems to be a better option, IMO.
Exactly! Added benefit is you can run air tools off power tanks too.

Jeepinit

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

San Mateo, CA, USA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Bright
Member #

I bet the wait is killing you, lol. Like I said before, mine was at port for just a couple days. I'm suprised the dealership can't get you a more specific time. Post a few pics here after you get it. Also when you get your sliders installed!
-John
I sent an email last night because today is day 20 in Port. Here was the response.

Hi Rob,

It hasn't updated on my side yet, we are still waiting for the update. Once I find out I will give you a call!

Thank you for being so patient!

Will be in touch,

[emoji35].
I have not responded yet. I am a bit frustrated that they claim they have little visibility of the vehicle. AhHHhHhHhHHHhHHhHhH!!!!!

H60Flyer

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

NC, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Wolfen
Member #

I sent an email last night because today is day 20 in Port. Here was the response.

Hi Rob,

It hasn't updated on my side yet, we are still waiting for the update. Once I find out I will give you a call!

Thank you for being so patient!

Will be in touch,

[emoji35].
I have not responded yet. I am a bit frustrated that they claim they have little visibility of the vehicle. AhHHhHhHhHHHhHHhHhH!!!!!
Stand by, I'm calling my guy now to see what they did to get answers. Give me a couple min.

Jeepinit

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

San Mateo, CA, USA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Bright
Member #

Stand by, I'm calling my guy now to see what they did to get answers. Give me a couple min.
Wow! Thanks!

I just
Looked at their webpage and they show a Voodoo Blue and Midnight Black available!!!??? I tracked the vin and they do not show it assigned assigned to a dealer. The vin they provided me indicates the same.

IMG_4554.JPG

H60Flyer

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

NC, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Wolfen
Member #

Wow! Thanks!

I just
Looked at their webpage and they show a Voodoo Blue and Midnight Black available!!!??? I tracked the vin and they do not show it assigned assigned to a dealer. The vin they provided me indicates the same.

View attachment 83323
I just spoke with my buddy at Toyota (prior to the pic) and he said there is nothing Toyota can do once it's in port. It has to clear customs and get cleared to include all paperwork. I'm 20min out from stopping into my local dealership where I also have a good connection. I just want to see what he says about this out of curiosity. I'll let you know.

Jeepinit

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

San Mateo, CA, USA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Bright
Member #

I just spoke with my buddy at Toyota (prior to the pic) and he said there is nothing Toyota can do once it's in port. It has to clear customs and get cleared to include all paperwork. I'm 20min out from stopping into my local dealership where I also have a good connection. I just want to see what he says about this out of curiosity. I'll let you know.
Thanks so much!

I sent a text to a guy I know. I went to HS with him and forgot he worked for Toyota. He said the same thing. No control once it gets to port. They only know if it’s moving once it’s in freight Status.

Jeepinit

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

San Mateo, CA, USA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Bright
Member #

Thanks so much!

I sent a text to a guy I know. I went to HS with him and forgot he worked for Toyota. He said the same thing. No control once it gets to port. They only know if it’s moving once it’s in freight Status.
IMG_4555.JPG

My buddy sent me this screen shot!

Dang it!

H60Flyer

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

NC, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Wolfen
Member #

View attachment 83326

My buddy sent me the screen shot!

Dang it!
So I just left my dealership and I'm good friends with both managers. They confirmed as well there is nothing Toyota can do and everything is normal with the vin/allotment. You just have to be patient, baahaahaa. You could get the call tonight!

Jeepinit

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

San Mateo, CA, USA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Bright
Member #

So I just left my dealership and I'm good friends with both managers. They confirmed as well there is nothing Toyota can do and everything is normal with the vin/allotment. You just have to be patient, baahaahaa. You could get the call tonight!
Blahahaha. Patient? Well. It’s not like I don’t have one sitting in my driveway right now. Hopefully sold later today, but it’s not a 19’ SW!!!!

Thanks a million for checking it out for me! Really do appreciate it!!!
[emoji106]

Jeepinit

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

San Mateo, CA, USA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Bright
Member #

Ok, I just watched another video on it. My only question is , does someone already have one mounted on their rig and if so, where did they mount it?

I’m sold other than the space utilization in the cargo area. Trying to figure that out?

Last edited:
Reactions: Nomadik Nova

Nomadik Nova

Rank VI
Staff member

Member III

Falmouth, MA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Nova
Member #

Ok, I just watched another video on it. My only question is , does someone already have one mounted on their rig and if so, where did they mount it?

I’m sold other than the space utilization in the cargo area. Trying to figure that out?
I don’t, but wasn’t sure where either.... maybe roof rack in a storage bag?

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
I don’t, but wasn’t sure where either.... maybe roof rack in a storage bag?
This was my concern with them. Space is always at a premium in my 4Runner. I opted for a compact compressor. I don't carry power tools. Just enough basic manual tools since I wouldn't know how to fix anything major. If I pulled a trailer then I'd carry both.