Rank II

Enthusiast I

Tacoma, Washington, United States
First Name
Trystan
Last Name
Kirkley
Member #

Do you think a 1" lift will do or will i need more? I really don't want to go too much taller if I don't have to.
You'd need to check TW for more real world results but I believe 1" is enough BUT some people have to do the body chop mod. That's usually for wider 33s (285/75/16) but I'm not 100% sure. This thread is a wealth of knowledge.

The main point is that it is easier to fit a taller skinny tire than it is to fit a tall wide tire. When you lift an IFS truck, the wheels get pulled inward towards the frame which can cause tire rub so often times lifting higher can make the problem worse with stock wheels.

Unfortunately 1” isn’t enough to clear 255’s, i know because I tried lol. Still and up hitting the body Mount quite a bit! 2” and you’re good to go!

Reactions: SJ.Overland

SJ.Overland

Rank VII

Trail Blazer I

Beavercreek, OH, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Johannes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8TDZ
Do you think a 1" lift will do or will i need more? I really don't want to go too much taller if I don't have to.
You'd need to check TW for more real world results but I believe 1" is enough BUT some people have to do the body chop mod. That's usually for wider 33s (285/75/16) but I'm not 100% sure. This thread is a wealth of knowledge.

The main point is that it is easier to fit a taller skinny tire than it is to fit a tall wide tire. When you lift an IFS truck, the wheels get pulled inward towards the frame which can cause tire rub so often times lifting higher can make the problem worse with stock wheels.

Unfortunately 1” isn’t enough to clear 255’s, i know because I tried lol. Still and up hitting the body Mount quite a bit! 2” and you’re good to go!
Yeah I ended up getting an icon 0-2.5 adjustable lift. Right now I’m sitting at about 1.5” of lift. 255/85/R16s fit with no issues on the trail or on pavement. However I plan to go to 295/70R17 or 285/75R17 next.

Reactions: Tkirkley

Tkirkley

Rank II

Enthusiast I

First Name
Trystan
Last Name
Kirkley
Member #

Yeah I ended up getting an icon 0-2.5 adjustable lift. Right now I’m sitting at about 1.5” of lift. 255/85/R16s fit with no issues on the trail or on pavement.
Nice I had that size for a little hike and really enjoyed them, I don’t know what happened but now I’m on 35’s and looking into 37’s haha

SJ.Overland

Rank VII

Trail Blazer I

Beavercreek, OH, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Johannes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8TDZ

Yeah I ended up getting an icon 0-2.5 adjustable lift. Right now I’m sitting at about 1.5” of lift. 255/85/R16s fit with no issues on the trail or on pavement.
Nice I had that size for a little hike and really enjoyed them, I don’t know what happened but now I’m on 35’s and looking into 37’s haha
I would love to run 35s! What all did you do to run those?

Tkirkley

Rank II

Enthusiast I

First Name
Trystan
Last Name
Kirkley
Member #

I would love to run 35s! What all did you do to run those?
Im on the OME BP51’s, body mount relocation, and SPC uppers. It’s been a lot of cutting and grinding!

Attachments

SJ.Overland

Rank VII

Trail Blazer I

Beavercreek, OH, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Johannes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8TDZ
Im on the OME BP51’s, body mount relocation, and SPC uppers. It’s been a lot of cutting and grinding!
Phew! That is a lot. I assume most if not all of the cutting and grinding was up front? I'm getting a CMC done in December for prep for the wider 33" tires along with a new UAC.

SJ.Overland

Rank VII

Trail Blazer I

Beavercreek, OH, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Johannes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8TDZ
After my last mini-trip I was told by the Mrs. that the Falken M/Ts I am running currently are getting louder. And I do think this is the case even though I've kept up with rotations and the tread is almost uniform when measuring. That said I think the Wider A/Ts will be bought sooner than I expected to do so. Right now I'm shooting for the 295/75/16 size as that will keep my size about where they currently are (Falken M/Ts are ~33.2 in). Right now I'm stuck picking between Toyo A/T 3s and BFG KO2. I'll be grabbing a set of Method MR701 16x8 with 0 offset/4.5 BS to compensate for the width of the tires. I expect I'll still need to trim a bit even after CMC and UAC swap, but here's hoping :grimacing:.

SJ.Overland

Rank VII

Trail Blazer I

Beavercreek, OH, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Johannes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8TDZ
I don't have pictures yet.... Buuuut I've added the Trigger Six Shooter, Two SS3 Sport Amber Combo Lens Ditch lights and 2 SS3 Pro White Spot Lens Pods from Diode Dynamics. I originally planned for 4 spots but to be honest once I get them dialed in I may only need the 2 I currently have. I still have yet to install my rear chase/backup flood lights which are SS2 with amber back light. To use them with the Trigger they need to take up 2 slots (one for back light and one for full on) so I'm still debating on how I want to run the wires for that. I've also changed out the grill for a TRD Pro variant finally deleting that chrome bezel on the stock grill :expressionless:. I'll post pictures in the next Post as I still need to take a bunch of them now that they are complete.

SJ.Overland

Rank VII

Trail Blazer I

Beavercreek, OH, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Johannes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8TDZ
Camp/Side light:
64980618805__9F215941-9038-47FD-A1DB-CA1CE01C23F0.fullsizerender.JPEG

Ditch Lights: (They have been adjusted outward since this photo)
IMG_1072.JPEG

Spot lights:
IMG_1110.JPEG

New Grille:
IMG_1117.JPEG

Trigger Controller:
IMG_1104.JPEG