Investor

Pathfinder II

King County, Washington, United States
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Duncan
Member #

I'm building it for 2 primary uses. Local Search and Rescue, and Overlanding.

IMG_4760.jpg

Anyway, back to the reason for this tread... I picked up an '06 HEMI QD-II with a fraction over 100k.

Completed:
RR Lift Kit (Removed, then half put back on)
OME HD Springs, Shocks, Struts
Rocky Road 2.5 in. spacers (Rear)
Rocky Road Outfitters Upper Control Arms
Garvin Roof Rack (Removed)
Frontrunner Outfitters Roof Rack [ Installation Video ]
BFG T/A KO2 - 265/70R17 w/ 1.5in spacers
Amber Warning Lights
Electrical installed fuse box and electrical relays
VisionX LED
3rd row replaced with storage [ Step 2 - Step 3 ]
Rear Bumper w/tire and Jerry can storage
Front bumper with 12k Winch and Rigid Dually's
Pioneer SPH-DA120 (AppRadio4 w/Car Play)
WeatherTech Window Deflectors
CVT Mt. Rainier (Extended, Summit)

Here is what she looked like when I brought her home:

Most Recent Picture:

Still missing a nickname though...

Last edited:

jdunk

Rank VI
Founder 500
Investor

Pathfinder II

First Name
Josh
Last Name
Duncan
Member #

I gutted the unneeded bits behind the second row and built a foundation for the drawer system.

Yes, it's clearly way overbuilt, but total dollars to get here was 0.  (all scrap from different household projects)

Stripped out the seats, and jack and lug wrench shelf...

This is where the drawer system is going to end so I have an easy place to mount relays, radios, and other electronics

Almost leveled with the liftgate.  A piece of 1/2 inch plywood will smooth it all out and make for easy access.  I cut the hole where the spare tire winch goes, if I ever decide to use it again, I won't have to rip it all apart.

jdunk

Rank VI
Founder 500
Investor

Pathfinder II

First Name
Josh
Last Name
Duncan
Member #

Garvin Roof Rack installation

Where the front of the rack is mounted is about 3 inches wider than the rear of the Jeep, so unless you realize this, you might try to figure out why the brackets don't line up with the rack...

Originally I was going to get another Gobi.  I had one on my Grand Cherokee (for sale if you want it) and didn't realize that they didn't make one until later.  That made me start looking around to find something else.  Unfortunately, just about everything else sat on top of the OEM rails, or had similar types of cross rails that added a large gap between the rack and the roof of the Jeep.

This rack has it's own mounting brackets that attach to the factory rail system without the need for the OEM cross rails.

It's going to have to be removed for the LED light installations, but until then...

In this configuration, It does still fit in the garage. I'm hoping that with the new tires, and the weight of the new bumpers it will stay that way...

jdunk

Rank VI
Founder 500
Investor

Pathfinder II

First Name
Josh
Last Name
Duncan
Member #

BFG 265/70R17 T/A KO2

New shoes installed...  There's minor rubbing on the plastic interior that covers the pinch weld.  I probably don't have cut it and bend it over, but I likely will to be sure.

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Awesome build! Those tires look great. Ya, it's better to be sure and avoid tire rubbing. Are you getting the drawer system soon? Building it?

-M

jdunk

Rank VI
Founder 500
Investor

Pathfinder II

First Name
Josh
Last Name
Duncan
Member #

Thanks!

I'll be building it.  I'm waiting to get my new SAR radio issued to me so that I can make sure the vertical height is going to fit to hold it mounted longest side vertical.  Might as well make it fit as much as I can!

jdunk

Rank VI
Founder 500
Investor

Pathfinder II

First Name
Josh
Last Name
Duncan
Member #

Thanks, I hope to have time to get some more done on it this weekend. At the very least, I hope to pull the rack off, and get all the lights bolted down. It'd be even better if I get all the wire pulled for it!

jdunk

Rank VI
Founder 500
Investor

Pathfinder II

First Name
Josh
Last Name
Duncan
Member #

I got some more work done on the on the drawers.  I messed up somewhere, and it ended up a bit taller than I wanted.  But I don't think it's too tall (my cooler still fits on top).

I'm still working through how I want to configure the drawers.  I'm partially wondering if I can find a table that I can fit in one of those open sections...  I'm also flipping between 2 and 3 drawer configurations...

I still need to find the fuse box, and a hard switch that will safely pass that much power.

Bonus picture of the aftermath.

First State Overland

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Delaware
Member #

That is slick!   I'm getting to the point where I'm ready to mount drawers and slideouts, etc.   I think I'm going to do what you did and cut a base for everything to mount to.  Because mine is also a daily driver, I want my design to be modular so I can have a solid fit, but remove any given piece at any time.  Keep posting, I look forward to seeing the progress.

jdunk

Rank VI
Founder 500
Investor

Pathfinder II

First Name
Josh
Last Name
Duncan
Member #

I got the core of the electrical done today.

Relays systems wired up.

Switch panels mounted. I've had the "Damega" for a long time. It controls my warning lights. The Switch-Pro is fantastic, it's incredibly customizable, and can push all kinds of power. I haven't run it in the field yet. But so far, it's amazing. http://www.switch-pros.com/

Everything tested.

Still need to mount the radios, and get the roof lights installed.  But it's progress!

jdunk

Rank VI
Founder 500
Investor

Pathfinder II

First Name
Josh
Last Name
Duncan
Member #

Installed the roof lights.

Xmitter Lo Pro Xtreme

• x1 35" split 10 deg / 40 deg
    x4 5" 40 deg (Front Corners and Sides)
    x2 5" flood (Rear)
Unfortunately, I didn't remember get any close ups of the way I ran the wires from the underside before I put it back on the rig.

jdunk

Rank VI
Founder 500
Investor

Pathfinder II

First Name
Josh
Last Name
Duncan
Member #

Installed the first of 3 radios (antenna is still on order...)

I'm not sure where I want the head units, so I've temporarily secured it with 3M double sided tape.