Launch Member

Advocate II

Peoria, AZ
First Name
Jose
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

I'd actually go to it if I lived closer. I wouldn't mind checking it out and seeing what they say and teach.

Jose

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Peoria, AZ
First Name
Jose
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

That's at the REI store? Cause they are actually building one here in Orlando Fl. It will be done in the next couple of months.

Overland-Indiana

Overland Bound - Midwest Regional Ambassador
Launch Member

Influencer II

Kokomo
Member #

Given the number of people voting for ___________ (insert your least favorite presidential candidate here), I'd say the zombie apocalypse is already upon us, amiright? I'll be here all week, be sure to tip your waiter...

Since the invention of social media on mobile devices, texting, and all the other non-sense involved with mobile phones we have become a world of living zombies....I am guilty of it myself. I ran right into my Jeep bumper the other day while I was texting and walking.

RaggedViking

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Readsboro, VT
Member #

I ran into a guy up in the woods a couple of years back who was living up there in a cabin. He was in his early 30's - had a dog - and completely detached himself from society because he was so so so convinced that there would be some sort of epidemic that made The Walking Dead a reality. I don't think he was really that far off on his point about the epidemic.. But the zombie thing... Well, I've learned to never say never - but...

Billy "Poserlander" Badly

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

PDX, OR, USA
Member #

I ran into a guy up in the woods a couple of years back who was living up there in a cabin. He was in his early 30's - had a dog - and completely detached himself from society because he was so so so convinced that there would be some sort of epidemic that made The Walking Dead a reality. I don't think he was really that far off on his point about the epidemic.. But the zombie thing... Well, I've learned to never say never - but...
Every time a news story breaks about a new disease (Ebola, Zika, H1N1, etc...) I think, "Is this gonna be the one that goes global and kills millions?" I'm not worried about zombies (I mean, c'mon), but a global pandemic is probably just a matter of time.

Reactions: RaggedViking

RaggedViking

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Readsboro, VT
Member #

Every time a news story breaks about a new disease (Ebola, Zika, H1N1, etc...) I think, "Is this gonna be the one that goes global and kills millions?" I'm not worried about zombies (I mean, c'mon), but a global pandemic is probably just a matter of time.
That's why I've got everything I need near me... In terms of gear..
OH and why I don't drive a Civic.. Hahah.
I'm ready to go mobile when it all goes down... And I'll need 4WD to get there.

Disco_Berty

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

cheadle, Stoke on Trent
Member #

Dont think its gonna happen, but I have to say I listen to lots of zombie audio books and Mark Tufo zombie fallout is by far the best. If you fancy a laugh as well as a good story, he is by far the best author out there. He is also American and an ex Marine.

Pandemic is what worries me. I was a newly appointed director when the last pandemic flu was due to hit. The worst case scenarios being put forward said a 3rd of our workforce would be dead or incapacitated and another 3rd too afraid to come into work or looking after family members who were sick. How do you keep the IT element of a health service running in these conditions. It was this scenario that got me into the prepper mindset for my own family. Nothing extreme, just extra food, ability to purify water, ability to hunt and prepare food. Common sense things that our own grandparents did as a matter of course.

This acknowledges that I live in a country which has no real big surprises, i.e. no volcanoes, no earthquakes, no forrest fires, no tornadoes (or so very few its not worth mentioning), no real heavy snow fall etc.