Anybody have tips for the Ardberg Area ??

• HTML tutorial

BilMan

Rank 0

Contributor I

First Name
Bil
Last Name
Manderson
JUst joined looking for info on the ardberg area, the wagon trail and bunny trail roads... saw a youtube but looking for what not to do... and is camping easy. Using a chevy trail boss, with truck bed tent.

Thanks in advance.. BilMan

Advocate I

Owen Sound, Ontario, Canada
First Name
James
Last Name
Girard
Member #

JUst joined looking for info on the ardberg area, the wagon trail and bunny trail roads... saw a youtube but looking for what not to do... and is camping easy. Using a chevy trail boss, with truck bed tent.

Thanks in advance.. BilMan
What kind of info tou looking for? Difficulty or spots to camp? It's gotten kinda crazy out there with campers the last few years.
If you aren't a member of the OF4WD I would jon up with them and grab their map and download to a GPS or something because cell reception is patchy at best. I havn't ventured down the north trail all that far but I know that you can get to the tracks , but there are old rail cars blocking the trail and I'm not sure the difficulty getting there. The black lake loop is a lot of deep water holes and I wouldn't recommend it unless you know exactly which hole is a deep on. The south trail on the other hand is fairly easy with a lot of obstacles to the side, mind you I run these trails with my TJ so my view on difficulty may be skewed.
Here are some pics of some trailside obstacles.

Attachments

Last edited:

BilMan

Rank 0

Contributor I

First Name
Bil
Last Name
Manderson
Hey Thanks... The info you provided is perfect..1715078505193.jpeg. I've seen some of the videos online and the water holes always get me, as I don't have a winch...wouldn't want to get stuck.. so those i'll ignore...

Here's my old YJ. Your TJ looks cool with those fenders..

Cheers...

Reactions: Red_Leaf_Overland

Advocate I

Owen Sound, Ontario, Canada
First Name
James
Last Name
Girard
Member #

Where a outs are you located. I've been building a trailer and planned to take it out there once it's done to get it some off road time. If I can sneak away from the family for a weekend lol. I could let you know if I'm headed up